Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Software Change

I don't know how to bookmark a thread, and are we still able to send private messages to other members?

Also, is there no "quick quote" option? I hit quote on your response to me and it didn't add it

Just to respond to this, I assume the “Reply” button at the bottom right of each post is what you would call the quick quote feature now. Then you’ve got the “Quote” button right next to it, but that’s typically used so that you can quote multiple posts at once.

For one, most people here pop in and out quickly throughout their day. When I click on a thread like this that I've been on before I'd like it to bring me to the last post that I left off. Not back to the first page and then I have to scroll through pages to find the new posts. Personally, I don't need the newest bells and whistles. I'm just here for the sports banter.

I agree about it saving where you left off. That was mentioned before, let me look into that.

For one, most people here pop in and out quickly throughout their day. When I click on a thread like this that I've been on before I'd like it to bring me to the last post that I left off. Not back to the first page and then I have to scroll through pages to find the new posts. Personally, I don't need the newest bells and whistles. I'm just here for the sports banter.
One reason this happens is because a thread gains multiple pages, and sometimes people don't read the extra pages because they're not aware they're there. It throws things off a little bit.
Also, is there no "quick quote" option? I hit quote on your response to me and it didn't add it
When you hit the one that says "+Quote," as Cam mentioned, that's for multi-quoting, I'll post a guide on how to use that in just a little bit :).

"Reply" is the typical quote option ;)

I don't like having to go find the MLB message board when it was in the Tigers forum before.
Some of these changes are done for the sake of change and in no way help Us who post here daily.

I don't like having to go find the MLB message board when it was in the Tigers forum before.
Some of these changes are done for the sake of change and in no way help Us who post here daily.
No, it's common sense, offer the general sports forums to all, having them buried within the local forums made no sense. It's a minor change, give it a chance, you'll find it flows better this way.

No, it's common sense, offer the general sports forums to all, having them buried within the local forums made no sense. It's a minor change, give it a chance, you'll find it flows better this way.
There isn't much common sense going on the way I see it. Just change for the sake of change with a new shiny toy.
Stop the dramatics they were Not buried in the Tigers forums, it was convenient, and anyone new to this place will think the same.
You guys have already lost people who have been here for years!! Not that it matters to you.

There isn't much common sense going on the way I see it. Just change for the sake of change with a new shiny toy.
I'm sorry that's how you see it, we know change is difficult after so long, but we're trying to improve things, not just for the sake of change, but to help everyone.
Stop the dramatics they were Not buried in the Tigers forums, it was convenient, and anyone new to this place will think the same.
As someone who is still relatively new to this forum, no, it was in fact quite confusing at first. That's why it made more sense to lay the forums out as they are now.
You guys have already lost people who have been here for years!!
That's not our objective, but if people aren't willing to give new things a try when we're doing our best to accommodate everyone, there's not much we can do about that.
Not that it matters to you.
Again, a specious assumption, but very far off base. If you all didn't matter to us we wouldn't be openly asking for ways to improve things, feedback on changes, or keeping the classic look alongside the new look. We want you all to feel comfortable here.

I'm sorry that's how you see it, we know change is difficult after so long, but we're trying to improve things, not just for the sake of change, but to help everyone.

As someone who is still relatively new to this forum, no, it was in fact quite confusing at first. That's why it made more sense to lay the forums out as they are now.

That's not our objective, but if people aren't willing to give new things a try when we're doing our best to accommodate everyone, there's not much we can do about that.

Again, a specious assumption, but very far off base. If you all didn't matter to us we wouldn't be openly asking for ways to improve things, feedback on changes, or keeping the classic look alongside the new look. We want you all to feel comfortable here.
You and Cam are not on the same page by talking are talking out of both sides of your mouth. He says the general message boards are for the new posters, well where are they? and you say you want us to tell you how we feel about changes with feedback and want us to be comfortable here.
Well take a poll and you will find that nearly everyone is not happy with these changes, and that once again we found out after the changes were made and another assumption by both of you that we will find it is better or become used to them. We possibly lost one of our moderators with TinselWolverine with his frustration, a friend for about 20 years!!!

We're not going to continue going back and forth, especially in the public forum. The layout of the forums (having the National Sports category on the index) will not be changing.

Again I congratulate you with your new forum. Despite alienating the posters who have been here for years
you will one day be in the same position as we are. That will be karma.

Again I congratulate you with your new forum. Despite alienating the posters who have been here for years
you will one day be in the same position as we are. That will be karma.
If you'd like to continue this, please do so in the staff forum. Your opinion is noted, but there's no need for the attack, particularly in a public forum. We have not been and will not be rude, we'd ask for that same courtesy.

I'm all for removing most of the stickies in the tigers forum. I frequent that page daily and scrolling over half the page to find the new content is a bit much. The team notes and minor league threads though should definitely stay. The rest are kind of redundant imo.

the old forum had a feature that it was very obvious that a thread had new content as the thread title print was very dark compared to the threads that I have already read. It's not as easy if I miss something in the new format.

the old forum had a feature that it was very obvious that a thread had new content as the thread title print was very dark compared to the threads that I have already read. It's not as easy if I miss something in the new format.
I agree it can be more difficult.

I wonder if there is an addon to get that feature back?

I have a good idea of the problem and I'll make a tweak a little bit later today that should help fix this (currently out running errands, lol).

We've made a small tweak that now hopefully shows new posts better.

Back