Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

SWTOR Beta

i play on a UK server with my brother's old mxo guild, who are mostly british. i prefer pve and not getting fucked with by people, so my peak playtimes are when the server will be mostly dead, except for my guildies (because apparently theyre night owls to the extreme).

Spockmaster said:
i play on a UK server with my brother's old mxo guild, who are mostly british. i prefer pve and not getting fucked with by people, so my peak playtimes are when the server will be mostly dead, except for my guildies (because apparently theyre night owls to the extreme).

I once played on a server that was half Australia. It was a State server so when I got on in the late morning, early afternoon -- they were going to bed. It was fun. I also play PVe servers these days. I love PVP but only when I want to, a dedicated area.

im still not sure what i wanna end up doing. im a jedi sage for now cuz i like that i can heal or dps, but i dunno if ill end up sticking with him. ive never tried a healer before, im usually a tank or melee dps.

I'm always range my self. Usually a hunter/ranger, obviously they don't have a guy with a bow..never liked melee much.

Played a Druid in WoW which was great cuz I like to be able to play everything.

Spent 95% of the time playing Feral melee DPS, or Offtanking, or "Oh Shit" tanking if the tank died...

Split the other 5% doing Ranged, or Healing.

WoW was actually the first MMO I played where I spent the majority of hte time playing melee. Always played some sort of a casting class in all previous games.

My intention in SWG is to play a Sith Warrior and go the Marauder line for Dual Wield melee dps. Have a bunch of friends playing BH's who all love the class, and a few Sith Assassins who say that class owns too.

im going balance with my sage, it has lots of control ans DoTs. its really fun so far.

I'm loving Jedi Shadow... it's a melee/short range burst class. Absolutely sick what I can do with my initial burst of DPS. 40 now and can tear up a battlezone pretty much any time I'm not going against a premade. Waiting on the rest of my guild to catch up before premades.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MalFunkShun said:
What server are you on Mitch? I'm 33 now, kinda taking my time. Few days off coming up, and going to try and hit 50 in the next week.

Meditation Sphere. Level 8 with IA and level 6 with BH. My hard drive blew up on Sunday so i won't be playing for a bit. I'll be getting a new HD on Thursday but then I have to reload all my shit and that could take awhile.

Almost 50 on my main toon, I'll probably start an alt over there and join you. What's your name? I'll look ya up.

Thinking either IA or Bounty Hunter. Not sure yet.

Kit???. I forgot the complete name. My PC fried and I'm waiting for my new Alienware gaming laptop so another 10 days or so before I can play.

Edit: I just remembered, Kitvet.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Kit???. I forgot the complete name. My PC fried and I'm waiting for my new Alienware gaming laptop so another 10 days or so before I can play.

Noooooooooo! Not Alienware!!!! Way too expensive =(

MalFunkShun said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Kit???. I forgot the complete name. My PC fried and I'm waiting for my new Alienware gaming laptop so another 10 days or so before I can play.

Noooooooooo! Not Alienware!!!! Way too expensive =(

But kick ass. Don't believe that crap. Best gaming laptop.

I like playing in more than one spot. I haven't bought a laptop in a long time so the time was now. But there's not any games a desktop can run that my laptop can't. It was all about comfort, especially being a big movie watcher as well.

I will take a desktop all day over a laptop...My Sith Sorc is up to level 21 now. I would like to say that my play time has been limited which it has been limited to a few select days but this game sucks you in like it is nobodies business! I can tell that the game is going to be driven by crafting. At least that is how it appears early on. I wish I knew some other people on my server though. I only have my one friend that is on there with me and he has been on less than me and our times are off since he is east coast and I live in Alaska. I will be relying on you MalFunkShun to give me some updates with what the endgame is like once you get to 50. I still am not certain how the dynamics of the game will shift at the late levels. I am still too low to really know too much as I have only been to a few planets. Still just enjoying the ride right now! Looking forward to having the economy level out though as it is very unstable right now since the game is still new.

michiganmania said:
I will take a desktop all day over a laptop...My Sith Sorc is up to level 21 now. I would like to say that my play time has been limited which it has been limited to a few select days but this game sucks you in like it is nobodies business! I can tell that the game is going to be driven by crafting. At least that is how it appears early on. I wish I knew some other people on my server though. I only have my one friend that is on there with me and he has been on less than me and our times are off since he is east coast and I live in Alaska. I will be relying on you MalFunkShun to give me some updates with what the endgame is like once you get to 50. I still am not certain how the dynamics of the game will shift at the late levels. I am still too low to really know too much as I have only been to a few planets. Still just enjoying the ride right now! Looking forward to having the economy level out though as it is very unstable right now since the game is still new.

It's pretty easy to gauge by yourself. Go to twitch.tv and find some Star Wars streams there, that's how I've been learning Eternity Vault.. so when I do hit 50 I'll know WTF I'm doing, lol. I also watch a lot of pvp'ers. It's not bad to actually watch someone play, kind of a neat way to learn what your opponent is capable of.

Also, crafting is not really going to be that impressive in this game (at least not yet). There's only 1 really good crafting profession now, and that would be Biochem/Bioanalysis/Diplomacy. A heal for you and your companion, a stim for stats, and another 15second stim, helps out immensely. But then again, I have a preference for PVP. However, from what I've been told there's not that much good crafted gear at higher levels.

And Mitch, which laptop did you get?

The M18X. Loaded for the most part. 16g memory was selling same price as 8g so that was an easy decision.

As far as the game, I like to learn end game once I get to end game. Sucks not being able to play though.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The M18X. Loaded for the most part. 16g memory was selling same price as 8g so that was an easy decision.

As far as the game, I like to learn end game once I get to end game. Sucks not being able to play though.

Shit... you coulda gotten it and made it for about $700 less on newegg :)

MalFunkShun said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]The M18X. Loaded for the most part. 16g memory was selling same price as 8g so that was an easy decision.

Shit... you coulda gotten it and made it for about $700 less on newegg :)

Desktop, no problem. Never built a laptop. For 700$, I'll go wth the less of a headache.

Back