Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

SWTOR Beta

Level 48 now. Will probably throw a stream online if my comp can handle it (it should...) when I PVP. I'll link here if anyone would be interested.

MalFunkShun said:
Level 48 now. Will probably throw a stream online if my comp can handle it (it should...) when I PVP. I'll link here if anyone would be interested.

I would. Haven't seen any PVP yet. Btw, what level can you start to PVP?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MalFunkShun said:

I would. Haven't seen any PVP yet. Btw, what level can you start to PVP?

You can actually start at level 10. However, this game doesn't have a bracket system (yet)so you're going against 50's sometimes. There is a decent bolster system, unfortunately that doesn't mean junk when you factor in skill point discrepancies.

Well, time to get my push to 50 on.

ive discovered that i can heal pretty well even specced for dps. all i do is throw up my buffed force shield on qyzen (who has nearly 8k hp and 2500+ armor at lvl 33) and i barely have to heal him at all, even in heroics. then i just plant dots, keep the shield fresh, and bam! things die. its awesome.

50 sith sorc and 22+ IA op. Inquisitor story was well done and interesting. Plenty of twists. IA class quest is shaping up to be pretty special. Love the agent outlook on sith. Let the sith think theey run the empire but imperial intelligence is who really runs the show. Sorc lightning is a little underwhelming compared to assassin and marauder dps but the class has good versitility. Operative has lights out dps and can be a solid, yet tough to manage, healer.

koolaidkommando said:
50 sith sorc and 22+ IA op. Inquisitor story was well done and interesting. Plenty of twists. IA class quest is shaping up to be pretty special. Love the agent outlook on sith. Let the sith think theey run the empire but imperial intelligence is who really runs the show. Sorc lightning is a little underwhelming compared to assassin and marauder dps but the class has good versitility. Operative has lights out dps and can be a solid, yet tough to manage, healer.

IA Operative is OP as hell coming out of stealth (burst), but as long as their caught out of it, they aren't too bad to deal with.

I'd be streaming already if it weren't for some problem in PVP area's. My 560ti is dropping to 20 frames on LOW settings there. Not to mention huge lag spikes, I may be moving over to an East Coast PVP server. Not sure if I'll roll Shadow/Assassin again or move to Bounty Hunter/Trooper. Maybe Sniper/Gunslinger. Still not sure, heh.

MalFunkShun said:
koolaidkommando said:

IA Operative is OP as hell coming out of stealth (burst), but as long as their caught out of it, they aren't too bad to deal with.

I'd be streaming already if it weren't for some problem in PVP area's. My 560ti is dropping to 20 frames on LOW settings there. Not to mention huge lag spikes, I may be moving over to an East Coast PVP server. Not sure if I'll roll Shadow/Assassin again or move to Bounty Hunter/Trooper. Maybe Sniper/Gunslinger. Still not sure, heh.

You usually get that with a stealth class. They almost have to be OP for a bit because you're not beating anyone if seen.. As long as its not like WoW, from stun to death in a matter of a moment.

I love this game. I have lots of characters but a highest level is a Sith Assassin (LVL 21) and he is one bad mother fokker ;-). You fk up, you die. You don't fk up, you die ;-). Its a blast playing a class bad. And the way they do the questing, never boring. More games need to do the story lines.

PVP Warfronts are pretty much a zergfest but I enjoy them. For anyone who is a higher level, when do you run into world PVP? I haven't seen an opposing player yet.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I love this game. I have lots of characters but a highest level is a Sith Assassin (LVL 21) and he is one bad mother fokker ;-). You fk up, you die. You don't fk up, you die ;-). Its a blast playing a class bad. And the way they do the questing, never boring. More games need to do the story lines.

PVP Warfronts are pretty much a zergfest but I enjoy them. For anyone who is a higher level, when do you run into world PVP? I haven't seen an opposing player yet.

Haha...I have pretty much the same thing going on right now. I have a lvl 23 Sith Sorc, 19 Bounty Hunter and 18 Sith Marauder. I am enjoying myself quite a bit still and will probably continue leveling them fairly evenly from here on out. The Marauder is probably the class that I am having the most fun with right now. From what I have heard I believe world PvP starts out at either Tattooine or Aldaraan. I have only done a little bit of PvP at this point.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I love this game. I have lots of characters but a highest level is a Sith Assassin (LVL 21) and he is one bad mother fokker ;-). You fk up, you die. You don't fk up, you die ;-). Its a blast playing a class bad. And the way they do the questing, never boring. More games need to do the story lines.

As was just said, Tattooine or Aldaraan is where the open pvp starts. Watch out for stealthies. The current Ilum daily (which was just changed today) is GOD AWFUL. 30 kills for the daily. 150 for weekly. If you're Empire, shouldn't be hard. Good luck to any fellow Republic's.

I was on Alderaan tonight, a bit high for me as I'm lvl 25. These three dudes saw me and stomped on my head. I was able to stagger to the nearest bar before I bled out.

Im up to 47 on my Sage, who now uses a blue lightsaber because Im badass (and I like blue better). Ive kept up on my companions gear so well that he has nearly 14k hp and nearly 4k armor. He tanks, I burn. Well, pelt with small rocks. But you get the idea. Having 1100 willpower definitely helps.

My Double Sided Lightsaber, ha, is orange. One of the reason I chose the Sith Assassin. Star Wars game, you got to have a Lightsaber ;-). Btw, I dont think we need Beta in the title anymore.. At level 30, I have about 5500 health and 2500 Armor, after Dark Charge. I wear light armor though.

when i lvl up my assassin im totally gonna have a purple lightsaber if i can find the crystals for it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Maybe I'll eventually go black. If that's possible.

Once you go black....

And yes, the crystals that have the black core are from PVP weapons. Either Champion or Battlemaster, can't remember which.

I tried a lower level black yellow crystal. Mostly yellow with a black inside. Not a fan. Go back to the orange (Red Mortal) for now.

I am still pretty low mainly because I have been messing around with 3 characters and limiting my play time. I have a 23 Inquisitor, 22 Marauder and 19 Bounty Hunter. So far I am enjoying the Marauder the most as it seems to be the most complex as far as skill rotations are concerned. 22 Marauder is at about 4900 health and an absolute beast!

Back