Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

SWTOR Beta

I have 5 characters above 12 and one of the reason I stuck with the Sith Assassin as my main was because of their multitude of skills. It's not a one-two smash button for the win. So many things to do, I must use 12-15 different abilities in each fight.

Btw, I just killed a guy begging for his life and felt good about it. I love this game ;-)

I just started an alt on The Fatman server yesterday. Sniper class time. Melee is damned difficult when dealing with the bullshit pvp lag. Supposed to be fixed in 1.1.2 though... hopefully, I want to start streaming. My alt plays w/a streamer though. Can sometimes catch me in action in PVP, lol..

MalFunkShun said:
I just started an alt on The Fatman server yesterday. Sniper class time. Melee is damned difficult when dealing with the bullshit pvp lag. Supposed to be fixed in 1.1.2 though... hopefully, I want to start streaming. My alt plays w/a streamer though. Can sometimes catch me in action in PVP, lol..

That must be world PVP, eh? I haven't done any of that yet. WZ have been fine.

WZ PVP. Bioware finally admitted there's a problem in WZ's effecting a ton of people... ability delay, frame rate drop...

Example: I'm 80FPS in open world... in WZ's I'm at 15.

I really haven't checked the fps in a wz but I don't seem to notice a slow down.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

1.1.0b Patch Notes - 1/24/2012

General

Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

Classes and Combat

Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

Operations

General
Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

Karagga's Palace
Operations Groups will no longer be forced to reset the Operation if the group wipes when attempting to defeat G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.
Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."

Also thinking of making a character on a pvp server, any server suggestions?

Romneybot said:

Veela or The Fatman for PVP.

Veela has a strong republic/imp base. The Fatman has some elite pvp'ers from WoW

MalFunkShun said:
Romneybot said:

Veela has a strong republic/imp base. The Fatman has some elite pvp'ers from WoW

There were elite PVP'ers from WoW?

grin.png

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
MalFunkShun said:

There were elite PVP'ers from WoW?

grin.png

Heh, I hate PVP in that game... BUT... someone who can go something ridiculous like 1000-2 deserves SOME praise.

Romneybot said:
http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

1.1.0b Patch Notes - 1/24/2012

General

Implemented optimizations to improve performance on Republic and Imperial Fleets.

Classes and Combat

Significantly improved the delay when activating player abilities, particularly when in lower framerate situations. This allows for improved ability responsiveness in hectic combat situations.

Operations

General
Operations will no longer allow more than 16 Operations Group members to enter concurrently.

Karagga's Palace
Operations Groups will no longer be forced to reset the Operation if the group wipes when attempting to defeat G4-B3 Heavy Fabricator.
Fixed an exploit that would allow players to repeatedly loot the chest after defeating Jarg and Sorno.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that could cause graphical inconsistencies, which most often manifested as random screen "flickering."

Just saw this... yeah.... no one is noticing anything different. Although I do notice it a little bit more in open PVP.

MalFunkShun said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]I'm on a PVP server, Infinite Empire if you're interested.

Still Kitvet?

Not on this server. I switched because my friend was here, name is Viirt. Or should I say Lord Viirt Scooby the Forcewalker. Lol.

playing my assassin now, i love that my first companion wants to eat everyone.

Spockmaster said:
playing my assassin now, i love that my first companion wants to eat everyone.

Khem is awesome. Some of the lines are great "Don't press your luck, little Sith" after you call him. Lol.

And once you get your healer, elites get rolled. Heroic 4's get solo'd.

i cant wait for my healer, im going up defense so i can tank. its gonna be friggin awesome. is he the 2nd companion like the jedi consular healer is?

also, some of the light side/dark side convo choices are annoying. i wanna play as an old-school sith where i dont kill people for the hell of it and protect my own citizens, i only kill if i need to or if they wrong me (people are of more use to me alive and under my control than dead). apparently that means a lot of light side choices when really they should be neutral. its stupid. i have like 450 light side points vs 100 dark side.

Spockmaster said:
i cant wait for my healer, im going up defense so i can tank. its gonna be friggin awesome. is he the 2nd companion like the jedi consular healer is?

also, some of the light side/dark side convo choices are annoying. i wanna play as an old-school sith where i dont kill people for the hell of it and protect my own citizens, i only kill if i need to or if they wrong me (people are of more use to me alive and under my control than dead). apparently that means a lot of light side choices when really they should be neutral. its stupid. i have like 450 light side points vs 100 dark side.

4th, I got him at level 37. Hoth.

Back