Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official MICHIGAN-South Carolina game thread

Yeah, I posted in the other thread that Bredeson was out, Hill was out, Kugler gave it a go, but had to sit

No idea what happened to JBB

Still no excuse for the shitshow.

I just wonder what that turd would've been saying if Michigan hadn't decided to start coughing up the football every 3 seconds...

I agree still no excuses not running behind Cole inside the 5, I am so frustrated with this offense . There is just no inovation at all . Put guys in motion .or line up 4 times in the I formation and jam it in.

Last edited:
The play calling has been putrid all season on offense . I just do not understand our OC. He seems to freak out inside the 20.

He freaks out completely...4th and 1...throw the ball 20 yards downfield...

plus everyone's seen that fullback dive play 1,000 times. I'm surprised it still works at all. Might want to try a different play every now and then to get 1 yard.

Honest question for Michigan fans?

Why does Harbaugh not get any blame for the way your team performs? You can read through the game threads and it's all about the OC and DC.....but Harbaugh seems to get a pass. Just wondering if there is a specific reason or if Michigan fans simply don't want to face the fact that he may not be the Messiah?

Same guy that dropped the int that problem seals the osu game . But Now After YESTERDAYS 19-3 COLLASPE I see no lead as safe now verses Browns crappy defense that seems to get figured out as games go. Defense is to blame just as much as the offense in at least 4 of the 5 Michigan losses.

I, too, have learned not to assume that this team can hold onto or extend a lead against teams that don't suck (and even against those that do). Initially, I only applied that line of thinking to the OSU game because this program has had a well-established tradition of finding ways to lose to the Buckeyes since the Carr/Tresel years. Now, I'm starting to feel the way I did during the last year or two of the Hoke regime: I assume the team is going to stink it up against virtually everyone, and if they prove me wrong, it's a pleasant surprise.

It's sad feeling this way.

Why does Harbaugh not get any blame for the way your team performs? You can read through the game threads and it's all about the OC and DC.....but Harbaugh seems to get a pass. Just wondering if there is a specific reason or if Michigan fans simply don't want to face the fact that he may not be the Messiah?

Because we watch the games and see where the issues are. The offensive playcalling has been horrendous. I think most people are ok with the DC (I know Bob is not). Also Harbaugh has a track record of being pretty successful pretty much everywhere he goes, and has had good years even at Michigan prior to this season. A lot of fans are probably just hoping that this year is a blip, and that with a better QB in place we will be OK. Even good coaches have down years for whatever reason, Mark Dantonio among them.

All that is not to say he should be blameless. The honeymoon is most certainly over, and it's safe to say the "messiah" talk was mostly hype and fans really being frustrated after RichRod and Hoke. If Michigan doesn't win the Big Ten next season I will be very upset and would start looking at other options.

Last edited:

Harbaugh deserves a ton of blame for making Drevno his OC and hiring Pep Hamilton to be the passing game coordinator.

Drevno is a great o-line coach, but he's clearly in over his head as an OC. Pep is simply god awful. He's been terrible everywhere he's coached except for Stanford and he's making over $1M a year. He sucked with the Jets, 49ers, Bears, Colts, and Browns. I have no idea what Harbaugh sees in him or what he's done to justify such a ridiculous salary.

Because we watch the games and see where the issues are. The offensive playcalling has been horrendous. I think most people are ok with the DC (I know Bob is not). Also Harbaugh has a track record of being pretty successful pretty much everywhere he goes, and has had good years even at Michigan prior to this season. A lot of fans are probably just hoping that this year is a blip, and that with a better QB in place we will be OK. Even good coaches have down years for whatever reason, Mark Dantonio among them.

All that is not to say he should be blameless. The honeymoon is most certainly over, and it's safe to say the "messiah" talk was mostly hype and fans really being frustrated after RichRod and Hoke. If Michigan doesn't win the Big Ten next season I will be very upset and would start looking at other options.

But Harbaugh hired these guys. If the problems have been going on all year long why hasn't he fixed them? It is most certainly his job to make adjustments from game to game, isn't it. I doubt he has ZERO input in the way the game is called.

I'm not trying to start arguments......but I've never seen a fan base from any sport, pro or college, put as little on the head coach as U of M fans do. It's as if he has no control over any part of the team except recruiting.

Bad offense- must be the OC
Bad defense- must be the D.C.
Not prepared-must be the coordinators game plans
No heart-must be the kids

But Harbaugh hired these guys. If the problems have been going on all year long why hasn't he fixed them? It is most certainly his job to make adjustments from game to game, isn't it. I doubt he has ZERO input in the way the game is called.

I'm not trying to start arguments......but I've never seen a fan base from any sport, pro or college, put as little on the head coach as U of M fans do. It's as if he has no control over any part of the team except recruiting.

Bad offense- must be the OC
Bad defense- must be the D.C.
Not prepared-must be the coordinators game plans
No heart-must be the kids

See the post immediately above yours.

The most important thing to remember today is that we're a basketball school and Lacey Chabert has great tits.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Hoops gets right back at it tonight. Hopefully a big B1G road win will lift my spirits a little bit.
fsY0kq5u-125-125.jpeg

Same guy that dropped the int that problem seals the osu game . But Now After YESTERDAYS 19-3 COLLASPE I see no lead as safe now verses Browns crappy defense that seems to get figured out as games go. Defense is to blame just as much as the offense in at least 4 of the 5 Michigan losses.

don't you think they got more worn out than figured out? It's hard for a defense to keep it going when the offense is going 3 and out all day. I watch almost all of your games, but not as closely as I watch MSU games so I could be missing something. From what I've seen, the reason the defense seems to fall apart late is because they're on the field for so long and they're just wiped out.

Last edited:

Here's my honest answer. The disconnect between Michigan fans and the people that seem to be telling us how we should react is the giant chasm between "Messiah" and a bad coach. There is Harbaugh criticism if you read everything we're posting. I think people complaining about why there isn't any Harbaugh criticism (you aren't the only one) just can't see it because they want to see more of a meltdown on our part.

Tall order. Our division is stacked and rivals are away games.

Oh well. OSU seems to win on the road when they need to. So does MSU. They both beat us at our place this year. 0 conference titles in 4 seasons is flat out failure.

Here's my honest answer. The disconnect between Michigan fans and the people that seem to be telling us how we should react is the giant chasm between "Messiah" and a bad coach. There is Harbaugh criticism if you read everything we're posting. I think people complaining about why there isn't any Harbaugh criticism (you aren't the only one) just can't see it because they want to see more of a meltdown on our part.

I would never say Harbaugh is a bad coach. Just like Jim Caldwell with the Lions is not a terrible coach, he just wasn't the guy to get that team to the next level. There are a lot of similarities between Harbaugh's Wolverines and Caldwell's Lions, in fact.

You are correct in that I do not read many game threads or posts on the Michigan board. My question came from a conversation I had with a friend of mine (a huge U of M fan) who went off on a tirade yesterday and blamed everything on everyone and then finished up with "good thing we have Harbaugh to straighten this out". I couldn't understand the reasoning behind his thought process .

Last edited:
Oh well. OSU seems to win on the road when they need to. So does MSU. They both beat us at our place this year. 0 conference titles in 4 seasons is flat out failure.

So who do you want to replace Harbaugh with if it doesn't happen?

Not that I really believe you aren't here to start an argument and not that I probably won't regret even acknowledging you

but

We don't put a lot of criticism on Harbaugh and one of the reasons is his success everywhere else and that we believe that he is probably not going anywhere and we don't want him to. The same cannot be said about some of his assistant coaches. Every fan of football thinks the quick fix is to fire this coach or that coach, but even as Dantonio showed, sometimes keeping the coach(es) is the right answer.

We need someone to blame. That is just a human knee jerk response to a situation. The assistants are easy targets.

Back