Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 25

jdbaker1 said:
Not to be a buzz kill but in 09 we left Tampa up 7 with about 26 games left. The difference is we don't have minny chasing us this year though. I think Detroit is peaking at the right time. Go Tigers.

I also think of 2009. If Cabrera can stay off the sauce and Verlander healthy, I think we can win the division for the first time since 1987

bdemil1 said:
jdbaker1 said:
Not to be a buzz kill but in 09 we left Tampa up 7 with about 26 games left. The difference is we don't have minny chasing us this year though. I think Detroit is peaking at the right time. Go Tigers.

I also think of 2009. If Cabrera can stay off the sauce and Verlander healthy, I think we can win the division for the first time since 1987

I'm really thinking that history isn't going to repeat itself this time. The biggest reason...in '09 we had Everett at SS and Laird at C...this year we have Peralta and Avila. Enough said. Also deadline acquistions Huff and Washburn were garbage. This year Betemit and Fister have paid off. The rotation is better.

Its down to Betemit or Inge at 3rd. Young in Raburn in left. Fister or Coke in the starting rotation. All improvements.

3/4 from the Rays, that is some good stuff. And as far as I am concerned Betemit over Inge, even though Wilson's defense isn't as good, his bat makes up for it. Young in left, and honestly, I would probably go with Boesch in right.

Back