Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. rays Game Thread August 25

Mi_Thumb,
Thanks for doing the play by play when I had to leave.
got a sick and very ill neighbor.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Mi_Thumb,

NP, make sure you have your Victory cigar!

Not to be a buzz kill but in 09 we left Tampa up 7 with about 26 games left. The difference is we don't have minny chasing us this year though. I think Detroit is peaking at the right time. Go Tigers.

I wonder if Tampa Bay fans (if they have any) are as pissed at Joyce as we were at Inge last night?

Tigers win 2 - 0 and take 3 out of 4 vs. tamparays,
Fister with a superb 7 innings with the win,
Valverde with his 38th save,
Tigers now 71 and 59 overall and 34 and 32 on the road.
and a Tigers Victory Cigar.

[color=#006400 said:

Hope your neighbor is ok but glad to hear you are allright. Great win.

Who would have thought we had the best pitching staff? Those 4 guys were freakin' awesome this <s>season</s> series.

jdbaker1 said:
[color=#006400 said:

Hope your neighbor is ok but glad to hear you are allright. Great win.

Thanks guys.

jdbaker1 said:
Not to be a buzz kill but in 09 we left Tampa up 7 with about 26 games left. The difference is we don't have minny chasing us this year though. I think Detroit is peaking at the right time. Go Tigers.

As late as September 6th 2009 we had a 7 game lead... When we clinch...Then I will relax...

Well I got to listen to Dickerson and Price today on and off... They mentioned the Inge play last night but then there was a pause and Price did not even say anything more about the play...

Wow just watched the video of Betemit's double with the play at the plate.....

Talk about homer announcers in TB, they said looks like he nabbed him on the wrist, then when they saw the replays, they said well we can't see from that angle......

Bullshit, it was clear he missed him, Tiger announcers at least say when we get away with a call, don't try to pretend blindness.

Bonus I picked up Fister on one of my teams today... To bad I am way out of it already....LOL

Haha, watched vid of Ajax's dinger, it bounced off the head of a TB fan and a Tigers fan got it!

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Bonus I picked up Fister on one of my teams today... To bad I am way out of it already....LOL

He was available, jeez :) .

Big win today even though I missed the entire game because I had to give a couple employees annual reviews.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="biggunsbob":sc0gwhft]Bonus I picked up Fister on one of my teams today... To bad I am way out of it already....LOL

He was available, jeez :) .[/quote:sc0gwhft]

Both leagues I am in... I just picked him up for my other team but I forgot to do to before the game in that league which is set up different... So I got a start out of him on one team but not the other..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Right now is Fister the tigers #3?

I don't like putting numbers on a guy but I lved the trade when it happened and he's a keeper. If you look at ERA even before then trade he's a good number 2. Besides the 2 inning rain delay, he's had 3 good starts in 4 games.

Back