Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. redsox ALCS Game 6 Thread

I can't believe Leyland stayed in the dugout for that non strike call against Bogaerts. I woulda ran out and let that ump have it for that one.

Well your hopes I guess. People don't like Leyland, and I get it.

What I don't get is always trying to say it's his fault when everything goes bad, but did you ever once say, hey thanks for getting us to the ALCS Jim?

He's a scapegoat, and nothing more.

I never said it was all on him.. I have totally blamed the players... He fucked up badly in game two and it probably cost us..

Dude I having given him credit plenty of times.. Called Ron after he cries and saying the guy seems like a good dude and his players like to play for him.. He like the city of Detroit and the fan's wants a title for us.. It is time for him to go. Trust me I wanted him to win ever since he has been here..

Last edited:
Another baseball season of highs and lows,
We have cheered and vented, at everybody, players, manager, coaches, other teams and players, and at each other,
Hope we grow stronger over the off season,
I will be here doing the usual, waiting for ST,
and Tigers roar in 2014.

What would it have accomplished?

I would have felt better about it. It would have gotten the team fired up a bit. And maybe the ump, having someone in his face making him realize he f'd up big might just give us a make up strike or two.

We have cheered and vented, at everybody, players, manager, coaches, other teams and players, and at each other,
and Tigers roar in 2014.

I ain't gonna cry...I'm really not able to...not very much anyway...

But if I could...I would...

Workin' an event tomorrow...don't work on weekends that much anymore, but I am tomorrow...

Will be up and at 'em.

Life goes on.

Fuck the fans of the 26 teams teams whose team didn't get to the League Championship Series...you team's season sucked worse than my team's did.

and Tigers roar in 2014.

This regular season was much more enjoyable than 2012. That one was tough. This year it always seemed like we were going to win the division even though Cleveland and KC were so much better.

So how soon do we get the whole story on miggy's injury I think the rumors are probably correct dude played with a hernia last what two months? Three?

So how soon do we get the whole story on miggy's injury I think the rumors are probably correct dude played with a hernia last what two months? Three?

I think the "shoulda, woulda, coulda" when we hear about multiple surgeries for Miggy will make this sting even worse. We'll see.

I actually rather enjoy our Tigers board later in the offseason, especially during the winter meetings, as well as a month prior to and during ST. Less bitching about the team, players, manager/coaching, and not as much squabbling going on between members.

Anyway The Big Bang Theory is on TBS...

Anyway, it was the one where Penny breaks her arm, and Sheldon, who doesn't drive, drives her to the hospital.

And it ends with her in her bed, and Sheldon sitting on the end of the bed, and they sing Soft Kitty together as a round.

It actually did make me feel a little less bad.

I did need to sing along, though, for that to happen.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?vid=c68ba737-042f-4199-9818-b5de9f40e319
Post game webvideo Leyland: 'They played their hearts out'.
Jim Leyland on his team's efforts after the ALCS loss to the Red Sox.

What else was Jimmuh gonna say?

That they played like a gang of automatons?

They are quite well compensated for their efforts regardless, only thing that they really have to fear is that the game either has passed them by, OR their cuppa joe(s) in the majors has become stale and cold BEFORE they get to the point of earning big $$$ when eligible for FA.

Last edited:
Hunter shouldn't be shocked the Tigers are done, what with his fucking .465 OPS this postseason. Fucking moron.

Back