Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs White Sox Game Thread, April 23rd

Question who would have trusted?

who cares as long as it was a RHP.... When they all suck at least use split stats...

Unless his were the best we had left :/ verses RHP.

Could be with DD's horrible job at crafting a pen.....

How about this stiff pitching...He is a Righty..

Last edited:
I am so pissed... You just cannot throw a 3-1 grove pitch like that.... It s one thing a top relief pitcher or starting with a good fastball throwing a fastball but not a lhp who is bad verses RHP..

He really had no choice though. Didn't want to walk a run in, so you gotta roll the dice that he'll hit into an out.

The mistake was going to a 3 ball count with the bases loaded in the first place.

He really had no choice though. Didn't want to walk a run in, so you gotta roll the dice that he'll hit into an out.

The mistake was going to a 3 ball count with the bases loaded in the first place.

That is so untrue...
You can still try and get the pitch tad off the plate so maybe he does not hit it out....
Or use a RHP because your lefty is bad verses RHB... That ball was lollipop right down
broad street... verses a dead red hitter...

I am so pissed... You just cannot throw a 3-1 grove pitch like that.... It s one thing a top relief pitcher or starting with a good fastball throwing a fastball but not a lhp who is bad verses RHP..

I agree 100%, but I just don't think there's a single guy in that pen that I'd feel good about using there. This pen is worse than any I've seen and EVERYONE knew it except the one guy that had the power to do something about it.

I agree 100%, but I just don't think there's a single guy in that pen that I'd feel good about using there. This pen is worse than any I've seen and EVERYONE knew it except the one guy that had the power to do something about it.

That is probably true you are right....Then at least you have to use stats and as someone pointed out his splits were bad verses RHB... Manager has to use those stats and get a RHP in there..

That is so untrue...
You can still try and get the pitch tad off the plate so maybe he does not hit it out....
Or use a RHP because your lefty is bad verses RHB... That ball was lollipop right down
broad street... verses a dead red hitter...

That's a kneejerk hindsight reaction because you know the result was a GS. The guy went to 3-1, and you want him to paint the corner? In that situation you have to pitch to contact unless you have a swing and miss pitch, especially against a guy who's not exactly a huge power threat.

Sure after the fact walking in a run doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I guarantee if he did that and got the next out everyone would be bitching he didnt throw strikes.

Tigers only have 5 hits off all these crap suxs pitchers, bad pen and a bad offense won't equate to jack shit Dombrowski

That's a kneejerk hindsight reaction because you know the result was a GS. The guy went to 3-1, and you want him to paint the corner? In that situation you have to pitch to contact unless you have a swing and miss pitch, especially against a guy who's not exactly a huge power threat.

Sure after the fact walking in a run doesn't seem like a bad idea, but I guarantee if he did that and got the next out everyone would be bitching he didnt throw strikes.

My 3-1 post that said lookout was before the crack of that bat...
I never said paint a corner...
But you don't have to throw a lollipop fastball right down main street when you suck
verses RHP... It looked looked a BP fastball to me.. Oh wait a walk would have been
worse there... You can pitch to contact without throwing a pitch a guy is sitting on..
that says crush me all over it...

Last edited:
J.D. Martinez walkoff?

EDIT: nm, I forgot he's 5th not 6th.

Last edited:
Wrong spot to hit that. That's a HR almost anywhere else.

Back