Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

I'm actually even more pro gun in the cities. When you recognize how many criminals have illegal guns in the inner city, you have to recognize ordinary people deserve access to legal guns.

In NYC it is far easier to get an illegal gun due to all the restrictions in place.

It is kinda like illegal immigrants. Figure out how to legalize their status so they are properly accounted for as much as possible. The worst situations will still happen, but you can help minimize by encouraging and accepting instead of threatening.

I always find it baffling how the 2 sides do not see their own behaviors as ironic and contradictory when applied to 2 similar situations.
True. I don't know if there's ever going to be a good way to do it, but the whole anti gun in the city stance is conditional on having some possible way of implementing it.

On Democracy Now, they played a clip of Alito repeating that line of questioning, that there were so many illegal guns in NYC, people needed legal guns to fight back. then zyxt repeated it here.

I guess I didn't realize there were frequent gun battles in NY between random citizens and hardened criminals... or maybe this is a bullshit talking point from some NRA flack being used to gut a common sense gun regulation that had been on the books for a very long time?

Baytown, TX (link). Someone shot up a candlelight vigil "Celebration of Life." 1 dead, 13 injured.

Everybody just keep buying guns... eventually they'll lead to fewer shootings & mass shootings. I have been reassured in this by all Republicans - whether or not they own guns themselves or understand anything about the use firearms, or have any common sense - and also the NRA, and everyone who manufacturers or sells guns, i.e. those who profit from their proliferation.

They were having a "celebration of life" vigil for some guy named Lil'daddy, who got killed in his home about a week ago.

When everyone got to the hospital, a large fight ensued and we had to contact other agencies to help with that large fight

What are the odds that this is all gang related??

They were having a "celebration of life" vigil for some guy named Lil'daddy, who got killed in his home about a week ago.

When everyone got to the hospital, a large fight ensued and we had to contact other agencies to help with that large fight

What are the odds that this is all gang related??

it probably is gang related, but I thought we were going to include such mass shootings, because they still involve American citizens (or if not, people who live here with us whether we like it or not), and we're all American, so we can't really fully insulate ourselves from what happens in one place or to one group of Americans, despite wanting to.

it probably is gang related, but I thought we were going to include such mass shootings, because they still involve American citizens (or if not, people who live here with us whether we like it or not), and we're all American, so we can't really fully insulate ourselves from what happens in one place or to one group of Americans, despite wanting to.

Diversity is essential.

how far do you have to travel from your NJ suburb before you see a scary black person?

The black people that live in our neighborhood aren't scary at all - I know it's difficult for a racist like you to believe, but they're just like everyone else. I don't live in or near neighborhoods with a lot of gang activity though. How about you? How many scary black and brown people do you live near? I'm kidding we all know you're this guy, you even look like him like you could tell me you were his pudgy cousin and I'd totally believe it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs

Last edited:
The black people that live in our neighborhood aren't scary at all - I know it's difficult for a racist like you to believe, but they're just like everyone else. I don't live in or near neighborhoods with a lot of gang activity though. How about you? How many scary black and brown people do you live near? I'm kidding we all know you're this guy, you even look like him like you could tell me you were his pudgy cousin and I'd totally believe it...

Oh no you didn't!?!?! You know the Woke are coming for your ass now! White people no longer have the right to laugh at something like that!!!

That movie needs to be BANNED...completely delete and destroy all copies in the home and online. Fucking RACIST!!! How dare a white man sing like a black man!?! Whites are NOT allowed to impersonate blacks!!! This actor should never have another job in Hollyweird! Or anywhere else cuz he is RACIST!

Oh no you didn't!?!?! You know the Woke are coming for your ass now! White people no longer have the right to laugh at something like that!!!

That movie needs to be BANNED...completely delete and destroy all copies in the home and online. Fucking RACIST!!! How dare a white man sing like a black man!?! Whites are NOT allowed to impersonate blacks!!! This actor should never have another job in Hollyweird! Or anywhere else cuz he is RACIST!

i... uh...

yikes

maybe that's why it fits MC to a T.

I always leave the gangsta rap blasting when black people walk by my car.

I only turn it down when I get in the parking garage at work, out of deference for my corporate employer/boss people

I always leave the gangsta rap blasting when black people walk by my car.

I only turn it down when I get in the parking garage at work, out of deference for my corporate employer/boss people

sure you do, Michael Bolton.

Last edited:
I saw a number of tweets and screenshots criticizing the police response.

this AP article says the cops just milled around outside for nearly 40 minutes while the shooter killed kids in a classroom, and bystanders screamed at the cops to intervene

great job. better pay the cops even more.

this AP article says the cops just milled around outside for nearly 40 minutes while the shooter killed kids in a classroom, and bystanders screamed at the cops to intervene

from the article:

?Let?s just rush in because the cops aren?t doing anything like they are supposed to,? he said. ?More could have been done.?

?They were unprepared,? he added.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Salvador Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured."

Just think...if this Carranza guy would have had a gun on him, maybe he could have stopped the shooter. I mean...he did just sit and watch the gunman grab his AR-15 and shoot at 2 people. :cheers:

I also like how they used the term ?milled around.?
The articles I read were they were evacuating the rest of the school.

Leave it to a bunch of armchair QBs to criticize when most of them have no idea what they are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

yeah, we should definitely pay cops less to get shot at by armed psychopaths - great idea because they don't take any more risks than anyone else who goes to work every day. While we're at it, let's take that money and use it to pay everyone else more to stay at home. And we should definitely listen to a bunch of uninformed bystanders - I'm sure they know better how to deal with an active shooter situation in a building full of kids - they should just charge in guns blazing not knowing how many shooters or where they are, where the kids are. If a couple cops die and they accidentally shoot a few kids in the process, no worries - they should do whatever the average Joe on the streets thinks they should do because that's what we're paying them for.

you should probably wait a day or two before publishing your dumb take on these things - remember you fell for "hands up don't shoot" bit hook, line and sinker. You got virtually everything wrong on Trayvon Martin/Zimmerman, you bought the Rittenhouse is a white supremacist nonsense, cops murdered George Floyd, Jacob Blake etc, etc.

Last edited:
from the article:

?Let?s just rush in because the cops aren?t doing anything like they are supposed to,? he said. ?More could have been done.?

?They were unprepared,? he added.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Salvador Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured."

Just think...if this Carranza guy would have had a gun on him, maybe he could have stopped the shooter. I mean...he did just sit and watch the gunman grab his AR-15 and shoot at 2 people. :cheers:

I also like how they used the term ?milled around.?
The articles I read were they were evacuating the rest of the school.

Leave it to a bunch of armchair QBs to criticize when most of them have no idea what they are talking about.

I'm not going to hold random citizens to the same standard of the police, who are - nationwide - well funded, well paid, well-armed and (in theory) trained, and who chose that job. But okay sure.

There's so much wrong with this story, though that the police in body armor with rifles standing outside and doing crowd control while a well-armed mutant executes almost an entire classroom of 4th graders is maybe emblematic of something. Certainly drives home a lot of realities about the country we live in, or should.

Back