Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Today's Good Old American mass shooting brought to you by...

The Buffalo shooting was awful.

And the NRA convention is here in Houston at the end of the week & hilariously, they banned guns from it (as they have at one other convention, I guess, but only because Pence was there). Sure, they're all for fighting "government tyranny" and threatening anyone who so much as startles them with murder, but if the Secret Service says "No guns allowed here, we're in charge of security" suddenly the big bad nanny state is in charge, and they can't do anything about it...

Profitting by arming a nation of psychos with assault rifles, while keeping your own backyard a safe gun-free zone. Genius

The Buffalo shooting was awful.

And the NRA convention is here in Houston at the end of the week & hilariously, they banned guns from it (as they have at one other convention, I guess, but only because Pence was there). Sure, they're all for fighting "government tyranny" and threatening anyone who so much as startles them with murder, but if the Secret Service says "No guns allowed here, we're in charge of security" suddenly the big bad nanny state is in charge, and they can't do anything about it...

what should they have done? gotten in a gun battle with the Secret Service? That would be convenient - then you could accuse them of being insurrectionists committing armed treason against the government.

Profitting by arming a nation of psychos with assault rifles, while keeping your own backyard a safe gun-free zone. Genius

you mean safe like schools, malls, concerts and other gun free zones - the kind of places where virtually all of these mass shootings occur? Gun free zones sound really safe.

Last edited:
what should they have done? gotten in a gun battle with the Secret Service? That would be convenient - then you could accuse them of being insurrectionists committing armed treason against the government.

you mean safe like schools, malls, concerts and other gun free zones - the kind of places where virtually all of these mass shootings occur? Gun free zones sound really safe.

You're a genius. Well, if gun free zones are what's causing mass shootings, hopefully there's one at the NRA convention.

And I'd think if I loved something so much I had fetishized it as part of my personal identity and culture, and someone told me I couldn't bring it to my convention, I'd find a way to do it, or disinvite them, or hold it somewhere else. But I guess they don't care about appearing to be openly hypocritical, and to be honest, the retards they're pandering to don't care either so it really doesn't matter.

You're a genius. Well, if gun free zones are what's causing mass shootings, hopefully there's one at the NRA convention.

Who said gun free zones cause mass shootings? Good straw man attempt. I'm making fun of you for calling them safe after virtually every mass shooting you can think of happened in a gun free zone. Your attempt to make fun of the NRA cowering in the "safety" of a gun free zone kinda falls flat - like most of the garbage you post.

And I'd think if I loved something so much I had fetishized it as part of my personal identity and culture, and someone told me I couldn't bring it to my convention, I'd find a way to do it, or disinvite them, or hold it somewhere else. But I guess they don't care about appearing to be openly hypocritical, and to be honest, the retards they're pandering to don't care either so it really doesn't matter.

you calling anyone a hypocrite is pure comedy gold.

Last edited:
I would be on board with raising the age limit to purchase semi auto's to 21 the ave male brain does not complete full development until 25.

Neuroscientists are confirming what car rental places already figured out ? the brain doesn't fully mature until age 25. Up until this age, the prefrontal cortex ? the part of the brain that helps curb impulsive behavior ? is not yet fully developed.

Let's start with 21, the majority of have been committed by under 21's

Last edited:
I would be on board with raising the age limit to purchase semi auto's to 21 the ave male brain does not complete full development until 25.

Neuroscientists are confirming what car rental places already figured out ? the brain doesn't fully mature until age 25. Up until this age, the prefrontal cortex ? the part of the brain that helps curb impulsive behavior ? is not yet fully developed.

I was thinking the same thing.

I'd be fine with banning all assault rifles. There is no need for them. 21 year old is also a good start. Also, why not some sort of tax on every handgun that you own above one. People claim they need one for protection so no annual tax on the first one you own but after that it's $200 per year per gun. Hunting rifles would be exempt.

Yeah, don't make the age limit 25. We would hate to interfere with 22-24 year-olds ability to commit mass slaughters of innocent civilians. America is just not ready for such a radical idea.

and for sure everyone older than 26 should be allowed to by an assault rifle so they can slaughter dozens of civilians at once, should they ever feel a need.

This is all just common sense, people, and I can't believe anyone would try to use this tragedy for their own nefarious means, like denying an American their right to purchase an assault rifle to slaughter dozens of other Americans.

Yeah, don't make the age limit 25. We would hate to interfere with 22-24 year-olds ability to commit mass slaughters of innocent civilians. America is just not ready for such a radical idea.

and for sure everyone older than 26 should be allowed to by an assault rifle so they can slaughter dozens of civilians at once, should they ever feel a need.

This is all just common sense, people, and I can't believe anyone would try to use this tragedy for their own nefarious means, like denying an American their right to purchase an assault rifle to slaughter dozens of other Americans.

Maybe you should be able to rent an assault rifle at Enterprise...they can deliver your Kia and an AR-15 right to your door :lmao:

I'd be fine with banning all assault rifles. There is no need for them. 21 year old is also a good start. Also, why not some sort of tax on every handgun that you own above one. People claim they need one for protection so no annual tax on the first one you own but after that it's $200 per year per gun. Hunting rifles would be exempt.

After Sandy Hook, any chance for any kind of assault weapons ban was knocked out (see what I did there?) by Senate majority leader Harry Reid, Democrat from Nevada, who was himself from a very pro-gun state.

He?s dead now, that?s out of the way.

Off the top of my head, Bernie Sanders is also from a very pro gun state. I guess technically, he?s not a Democrat.

In the state where I live I?m pretty sure assault weapons have been banned for sometime.

We just had church mass shooting a few weeks ago; I guess the weapons used were handguns. Apparently they were acquired legally.

The thing is TigerMud is right - overwhelmingly these guys are under 25.

I don?t know that crazy people under 25 wouldn?t be able to figure out a way to get an assault rifle even if they were illegal. I guess the age restriction law would have to be implemented to find out.

We need to find common ground. Regardless of what one might think of them, a whole lot of people would be against a complete assault weapons ban.

Tom Dalton 22 has a point - age restriction might be a good start. Maybe there could be consensus.

It would be doing something as opposed to doing nothing.

from the article:

?Let?s just rush in because the cops aren?t doing anything like they are supposed to,? he said. ?More could have been done.?

?They were unprepared,? he added.

Minutes earlier, Carranza had watched as Salvador Ramos crashed his truck into a ditch outside the school, grabbed his AR-15-style semi-automatic rifle and shot at two people outside a nearby funeral home who ran away uninjured."

Just think...if this Carranza guy would have had a gun on him, maybe he could have stopped the shooter. I mean...he did just sit and watch the gunman grab his AR-15 and shoot at 2 people. :cheers:

I also like how they used the term ?milled around.?
The articles I read were they were evacuating the rest of the school.

Leave it to a bunch of armchair QBs to criticize when most of them have no idea what they are talking about.

Nobody in the article used the term ?mill around.?

That is MichChamp?s term.

The dictionary defines ?mill around? as ?to move around an area without seeming to be going anywhere in particular.?

To be fair to the police ? their primary training is to abuse/murder innocent unarmed black suspects. They tend to carry out these tasks with laser precision.

Absent to that situation, it?s understandable that they could lose their focus.

The thing is TigerMud is right - overwhelmingly these guys are under 25.

I don?t know that crazy people under 25 wouldn?t be able to figure out a way to get an assault rifle even if they were illegal. I guess the age restriction law would have to be implemented to find out.

We need to find common ground. Regardless of what one might think of them, a whole lot of people would be against a complete assault weapons ban.

Tom Dalton 22 has a point - age restriction might be a good start. Maybe there could be consensus.

It would be doing something as opposed to doing nothing.

If memory serves, Adam Lanza was under aged or some other restriction (mental health or something maybe) prevented him from buying a firearm. He took guns owned by his mother that she supposedly kept locked up to commit the Sandy Hook mass murder.

Last edited:
If memory serves, Adam Lanza was under aged or some other restriction (mental health or something maybe) prevented him from buying a firearm. He took guns owned by his mother that she supposedly kept locked up to commit the Sandy Hook mass murder.

Yes.

And if assault weapons were banned, psychos would probably be able to still get hold of them.

It?s a very difficult situation.

Yes.

And if assault weapons were banned, psychos would probably be able to still get hold of them.

It?s a very difficult situation.

a good starting point would be to tell Ukraine they're on their own and take the $40B+ and start securing our schools. Follow the Israeli model for protecting schools.

a good starting point would be to tell Ukraine they're on their own and take the $40B+ and start securing our schools. Follow the Israeli model for protecting schools.

We'll also need to follow their model for protecting malls, downtown areas, stadiums, music venues, and houses of worship, too, right?

All because the Founding Fathers wanted to make sure that in a few hundred years, Americans could access semi-automatic assault rifles whenever they felt like slaughtering dozens of people, and so we have to just live with it.

We'll also need to follow their model for protecting malls, downtown areas, stadiums, music venues, and houses of worship, too, right?

All because the Founding Fathers wanted to make sure that in a few hundred years, Americans could access semi-automatic assault rifles whenever they felt like slaughtering dozens of people, and so we have to just live with it.

exactly.

R.4ded70ae45eb4e6a2d6aba619725c22c

Last edited:

Ukraine aid seem to be about the only thing that?s getting bipartisan support.

Why not do both?

It?s only money.

With women - when it comes to buying shit (outside of military assault weaponry) -that never happens.

With women - when it comes to buying shit (outside of military assault weaponry) -that never happens.

My favorites:

Woman: "Talk to me like an equal. We're partners here. I want to be part of the planning process."
Man: "Okay, here's how much money we have, here's what we make each month, and here's our budget. I think we can spend $XYZ/month, and still have some savings left over for emergencies, vacations, etc. So that means we can afford a house that costs $XYZ."
Woman: "Okay, I agree with that. So I am only willing to buy a house that costs AT LEAST $100,000 more than XYZ."
Man: :hmm:

or

Woman: "We need to start saving money so we can [insert major purchase here]. I think we should look at our monthly budget and see if we can put off some other things right now."
Man: "Okay."

1 day later...

Woman: "I NEED a trip to [the beach/the mountains] this weekend. We have to go to [the beach/the mountains] this weekend."
Man: "What about the conversation we just had about agreeing to not spend more money for a bit?"
Woman: "It's unfair for you to bring that up, you don't know what I'm going through ,and bla bla bla, emotional appeals to bullshit and laundry lists of perceived problems"

Back