Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander traded to Houston, TJ Surgery, Wins 2 WS, Wins 3rd Cy Young Now a Met

Last edited:
You must be trolling

Career
2.58 ERA
.80 WHIP
2.6 BB/9
8.5 K/9

Post season
3.19 ERA
1.02 WHIP
2.7 BB/9
9.9 K/9

Post season minus 2006 & 2011
2.28 ERA
.74 WHIP
2.1 BB/9
9.7 K/9

You might be thinking of David Price

Not trolling and I think JV is a first day hall of fame player. It was just to point out that our pitching staff wasn't very good in those WS which happened to include JV.

Not trolling and I think JV is a first day hall of fame player. It was just to point out that our pitching staff wasn't very good in those WS which happened to include JV.

Ohh I agree with ya there. Still have nightmares of kung fu fat boy hitting multiple HR's off JV in game 1.

I have heard numerous of the Talking Heads who wouldn?t have any reason to be making excuses say that in both World Series long layoffs after the ALDS appeared to take the Tigers staff out of rhythm, which obviously would have included JV.

I have heard numerous of the Talking Heads who wouldn?t have any reason to be making excuses say that in both World Series long layoffs after the ALDS appeared to take the Tigers staff out of rhythm, which obviously would have included JV.

I don't know. Goes both ways, helps a team get healthy or hurts if too many days off.

Yep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know. Goes both ways, helps a team get healthy or hurts if too many days off.

Yep.

If a team plays well after a layoff, they got rested and healthy.

If a team plays poorly, they got rusty.

Ya never know till ya know.

Mildly frustrating that Verlander has won a WS with a team other than the Tigers. Feel left in the dust. It’s petty and immature, but it’s how I feel. Most frustrated with an organization that came so close and is now several hundred parsecs away from a championship. They should change the name of the team to the Detroit Parsecs. Or the Misers. Or the LaughingStocks.

Mildly frustrating that Verlander has won a WS with a team other than the Tigers. Feel left in the dust. It?s petty and immature, but it?s how I feel. Most frustrated with an organization that came so close and is now several hundred parsecs away from a championship. They should change the name of the team to the Detroit Parsecs. Or the Misers. Or the LaughingStocks.

I wish Avila, Miggy, & Zimmerman would go somewhere else and win a championship.

Typical Verlander. On the bench for along time , and he loses focus and gives up a bomb and the lead in the top of the 7th. 3-2 Washington now.

When your sitting on dead red. It tends to go a long ways.

Last edited:
Bye bye Astros .
Washington breaks the game wide open as 9 batters parlay into 6 runs, and a 8-2 lead. Looks like the favored Astros will have to win 2 games in Washington to make this series go very long.

Heck Rodney is still pitching ? Dang thanks Tigers for keeping me away from baseball the last few years.

https://totallytigers.wordpress.com/2019/10/26/the-saturday-survey-54/
THE SATURDAY SURVEY.
Totally Tigers

The Saturday Survey offers another way for readers to weigh in on a relevant topic. So here is a poll to gauge the pulse of our baseball-lovin? peeps.

As always, we welcome your comments, so please vote and then submit your reasons ( 4 sentences max!) for how you voted in the usual comment box. Don?t forget to come back later and view the results!

How do you think JV?s 0-5 World Series record impacts his legacy?

No issue. Personal stats count more than team stats.

Potentially. Maybe if it continues.

He hasn?t pitched that poorly in the Series, the record is deceiving.

Yes, it will be considered when the Hall of Fame comes calling.

Not sure.

Other - explain...

Vote

In my opinion,
The WS record is the only black mark on a great career;
In 15 years JV already has 225 Wins, 3.33 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, 3,006 Strikeouts,
Has led the league at least once in Wins, Starts, Innings Pitched, ERA,
Complete Games, Strikeouts, ERA+, Hits per 9,
Factor in 8 All-Star Games, 1 Cy Young possibly 2, 3 times runnerup, and a 3rd place finish, 1 MVP, 3 No-hitters, and a 70.9 WAR.
Slam dunk HOF.

I wish Avila, Miggy, & Zimmerman would go somewhere else and win a championship.

Lol.

What holds me over unlike the Lions is I got to see a Title for the Tigers. Its been a long time but at least I saw one.

Back