Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2018 World Cup

Is the English guy who married the Spice Girl playing this year? And if he is, who is he playing for?

I'll ask my dad.

It'll have to wait until I give him a call on Father's Day. If I send him email, there's a chance that he'll start sending me retarded right-wing political articles for a while after.

Portugal-Spain is at noon eastern today. that should be a good match; they hate eachother.

not many other very intriguing ones in the group stage of this World Cup.

Portugal-Spain is at noon eastern today. that should be a good match; they hate eachother.

not many other very intriguing ones in the group stage of this World Cup.

Think you mean 2pm eastern....

Maybe the pregame starts at noon

When does Poland play? I don't know how good their team is; the Group they're in is - on paper at least - pretty balanced.

since I'm more or less half Polish ancestry (allegedly that side of my family had some some German mixed in from a great-great grandparent or two, but by the 20th century were all culturally Polish, spoke Polish etc), I guess that will be my team going forward.

Albanian-Swiss players fined for taunting Serbia with their national emblem in Switzerland's win (link)

article also has video of a previously suspended friendly between Albanian and Serbia, that ended in a riot when someone flew a drone carrying an Albanian banner into the stadium.

GRADE A trolling idea.

So far Uruguay, Russia, Spain and Portugal are all through to the knockout round.

Russia got crushed by Uruguay.

If you can watch the highlights from today's games, you should do it. Quality of play was through the roof today.

Last edited:
If you can watch the highlights from today's games, you should do it. Quality of play was through the roof today.

I missed both.

looks like the sunday games were a lot worse.

I hope Uruguay wins it all.

I missed both.

looks like the sunday games were a lot worse.

I hope Uruguay wins it all.

I hate Suarez, can't root for a cannibal not named Hannibal.

I was rooting for Belgium, Sweden, and Denmark at the start. I'm down to two.

I forgot Suarez played for them.

what an idiot.

I still want them to win though. he hasn't bit anybody in a while. I'm pretty sure

Nice comsnack by Beligum. To bad I had to miss it helping my sister fix the dang Wi-Fi yet again on her computer lol..

At least 500 years.

giphy.webp

is that soccer tournament still going on? Do they all get orange slices and a juice box when it's over?

Croatia's played three extra time games and they look the fresher team. Since they tied the game 1-1 at the 67th minute its been all Croatia. Now they lead 2-1 late .

Last edited:
Back