Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2019 Offseason (General)

zJ7OblI.png

Since it looks like total ass on the forum.

Seems like a win for both teams.

Pitssburgh get cap space and a player who can contribute for years on the wing.

Arizona get Kessel to kept their deft offence.

Mike Smith reportedly agreed to a deal with Edmonton (can't be official until noon tomorrow).

Rumoured to be 2 million with up to 2 million in bonuses. 1 year deal.

Pretty close to my prediction of 3 million for 1 year.

Other goalie news.

Cam Talbot reportedly agreed to deal with Calgary.

McElhinny not returning to Carolina.

Carolina attempting to re-sign Mrazek.

Islanders/Carolina/Florida/Columbus seem to be the front runners for goalies at the moment.

Islander likely losing Lehner

Carolina has both McElhinney/Mrazek as UFAs

Columbus is losing Bobrovsky (99.9% certain)

Florida already got rid of Reimer/Luongo and are all in on trying to get Bobrovsky

Dark horse here is Colorado, they are likely going to seek a backup for Grubauer or possibly even a starter over him.

I think Olli Maatta was their big upgrade on D.

They still got:

Gustafsson came out of nowhere, now its time for to see if he can come close to repeating such an offensive performance.
Keith is still dominant.
Seabrook is slowing down.
Murphy is a solid shut down D.

Their bottom seems to bunch of young guys like Jokiharju/Forsling/Dahlstrom.

Last I heard, Jokiharju has a pretty high upside, and he is only 19.

So likely Murphy is gonna be on bottom pairing with rotating cast of 6th/7th D-man.

So Shaw's addition might be to fill the middle 6 hole left by Kahun.

Corey Perry reported agreed to terms with Dallas.

1.5 million base salary with 1.5-2 million in bonuses per Seravalli of TSN. 1 year deal.

Again, nothing official until noon.

Wings are 12 millions under the cap (or were) and they won't going to (sic) approach the crown molding on the ceiling. But I'm saying this with no idea what they signed Fippula and that Nemeth for.

EDIT: Cap space is now approx $7,000,000.

Last edited:
Must be stop gap signings while younger players get experience. It is the only thing I can think of.

Last edited:
The sad thing is, Filppula will still outperform Nielsen who is his replacement's replacement.

Not sure we really need him though.

I just saw the cap hit for Nemeth, 3 million per season.

FOR A BOTTOM PAIRING D-MAN

FFS

I just saw the cap hit for Nemeth, 3 million per season.

FOR A BOTTOM PAIRING D-MAN

FFS

I was just filling in numbers in my salary prediction and I noticed how close the prediction was to what Nemeth got.

Guess its more of a shock to me Detroit was the one overpaying for him.

xJ84atV.png

Also given the lack of goalie openings left, I think the rest of my goalie predictions will be way way off.

Back