Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Trade Deadline

tomdalton22

It's about a week away.

I thought Flaherty was a lock to be traded until the Olson injury, now I'm not so sure.

I think Skubul will only get traded if a team blows the Tigers away, which I don't think will happen. I think I would try to extend him this off season, and if he doesn't want to sign an extension, I would trade him. There will be more teams in on him this off season than right now.

The other guys in the rumor mill, Canah, Urshela, guys in the pen...they aren't going to get much in return.

If the tigers end up trading skubal, I really hope they find a way to include the baez contract in it. If it means getting 2 top prospects vs 3 I'd be all for it.

If the tigers end up trading skubal, I really hope they find a way to include the baez contract in it. If it means getting 2 top prospects vs 3 I'd be all for it.
Rather have the extra prospect and just drop Baez. The money is of little concern to Mike I. and at this point if we drop Baez I still doubt another team wants him even for league minimum.

Rather have the extra prospect and just drop Baez. The money is of little concern to Mike I. and at this point if we drop Baez I still doubt another team wants him even for league minimum.
If the money didn't matter then why didn't we pursue any impact bats this year?

If the money didn't matter then why didn't we pursue any impact bats this year?
Because they said they didn't want to jam up 3rd base and a block a young guy. They thought Tork was the guy, and they thought Baez was going to rebound. And Mike I is an idiot.

If we trade Skubal we better get Baltimore’s top 3 or 4 prospects. And the SS Has to be the start. He hit like 2 or 3 homers just last weekend.

If we trade Skubal we better get Baltimore’s top 3 or 4 prospects. And the SS Has to be the start. He hit like 2 or 3 homers just last weekend.
are you talking about Gunnar Henderson?

Yes. I’m not trading Skubal unless Jackson Hollday is in the deal. Hell Baltimore already has a great shortstop. Give us one lol. I’d rather build around Skubal. But I’m just not sure Chris will spend when the time comes.

Last edited:
Skubal makes Baltimore the favorite for the next 2 or 3 playoffs with that hitting I think.
I think they lead the league in homers .

Yes. I’m not trading Skubal unless Gunner is in the deal. Hell Baltimore already has a great shortstop. Give us one lol. I’d rather build around Skubal. But I’m just not sure Chris will spend when the time comes.
Baltimore would laugh in the face of the Tigers if they asked for Henderson. To get Henderson, they might have to throw in Greene.

What really has to piss off all Tiger fans is how well Kansas City and Cleveland recovered from 56 and 76 wins respectively last season with some decent off season moves. Most of which I could not tell you. But after the tigers did so well against the division we expected better coming off I believe 78 wins. But for Scott only to add two hitters Canha, and Gio and call it good just kind of shows how off Scott was in trusting the young players without decent plate protection.
Baltimore would laugh in the face of the Tigers if they asked for Henderson. To get Henderson, they might have to throw in Greene.
sorry I’m getting them confused. The one in the minors . Holliday not Gunner. Jackson Holliday and 2 other top prospects at least. He hit 2 homers I believe Saturday.

What really has to piss off all Tiger fans is how well Kansas City and Cleveland recovered from 56 and 76 wins respectively last season with some decent off season moves. Most of which I could not tell you. But after the tigers did so well against the division we expected better coming off I believe 78 wins. But for Scott only to add two hitters Canha, and Gio and call it good just kind of shows how off Scott was in trusting the young players without decent plate protection.

sorry I’m getting them confused. The one in the minors . Holliday not Gunner. Jackson Holliday and 2 other top prospects at least. He hit 2 homers I believe Saturday.
Holiday is only 20 years old. I don't see them trading him 1 for 1 with Skubal. Let alone adding two more prospects. Not happening.

Holiday is only 20 years old. I don't see them trading him 1 for 1 with Skubal. Let alone adding two more prospects. Not happening.
Than the tigers will not be trading Skubal. Every credible link has at least 2 or 3 of Baltimore’s top prospects for Skubal. Not sure what you are looking at. There is no way the tigers trade him 1 for 1 with any team when you are talking prospects.
Plus they already have a shortstop blocking Holiday. They may as well use him to get some pitchers that they desperately need.

Than the tigers will not be trading Skubal. Every credible link has at least 2 or 3 of Baltimore’s top prospects for Skubal. Not sure what you are looking at. There is no way the tigers trade him 1 for 1 with any team when you are talking prospects.
Plus they already have a shortstop blocking Holiday. They may as well use him to get some pitchers that they desperately need.
2 or 3 prospects are fine but they'll not including the top prospect in baseball who is only 20 years old in Holliday. He's not blocked. He's probably a better 2B anyway or could play OF. Top prospects are never blocked.. they can always find room.

Last edited:
2 or 3 prospects are fine but they'll not including the top prospect in baseball who is only 20 years old in Holliday.
Than I would pass. Tigers need a shortstop. He is the only one I really want. Scott needs to hold firm and get Holiday or just keep him I guess.

Than I would pass. Tigers need a shortstop. He is the only one I really want. Scott needs to hold firm and get Holiday or just keep him I guess.
I'm all for keeping Skubal as well but you have to be realistic 20 year old top prospect, MIF, for a 26 year old who needs a contract soon. I can't see why Balt. would do this.. I'm all for it if they do but makes no sense for them.

THE DILEMMA.
Totally Tigers

Back