Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Trade Deadline

THE DILEMMA.
Totally Tigers
I would listen to all offers, and unless I am blown away, I probably don't trade him at the deadline. This off season, I would try to negotiate a new contract. If he doesn't want to sign, I trade him this off season.

I'm not trading Skubal unless O's blow us away with a great off.

Now it's Skubal and Foley
For Holiday and another outfielder prospect...

That just isn't enough for Skubal. Keep him.

I'm not trading Skubal unless O's blow us away with a great off.

Now it's Skubal and Foley
For Holiday and another outfielder prospect...

That just isn't enough for Skubal. Keep him.
Holiday is the #1 prospect in baseball. I would do it.

I hope they don’t. Because one is a proven #1 pitcher ,and the other one has already failed in his first attempt at the majors. Don’t care if he is the #1 prospect. So was a guy named Spencer. It’s not enough for Skubal . Agree to disagree.

I hope they don’t. Because one is a proven #1 pitcher ,and the other one has already failed in his first attempt at the majors. Don’t care if he is the #1 prospect. So was a guy named Spencer. It’s not enough for Skubal . Agree to disagree.
the caveat is that we don't know if Skubal will sign an extension. My guess is he leaves when he hits free agency.

the caveat is that we don't know if Skubal will sign an extension. My guess is he leaves when he hits free agency.
Still 2-3 years away. We could still wait and trade him next year.

Last edited:
Skubal will never be worth any higher than right now. A contender could trade for him for 3 post seasons. . I just do not think Harris pulls the trigger unless the O’s give up Holliday and 2 other top prospects. That has to be the starting point. Look guys I could be wrong but Baltimore’s starting pitching is really banged up. They were bounced pretty easily last season. Harris holds all the cards. He could just keep him and not many tiger fans would be mad. But if he gets the big offer. He should strike. One for one just isn’t enough for me.

WATERCOOLER WEDNESDAY.
Totally Tigers

Almost 2 months ago, we asked readers what the Tigers should do about Tarik Skubal – keep, trade or extend. But that was during a period of struggle and many losses. The Tigers were falling lower in the standings.
Today, this team has been on an extended winning streak, including a number of series wins against top teams. At one point, they were sitting around 9 games under .500. Today, just 1 game from .500 (through Monday’s game), sitting in 3rd place and within a reasonable striking distance of the Twins’ and Royals’ records. They have moved up from 24th place to having the 19th best record in MLB and very close to reaching the 14th-15th best win-loss totals.

As rumors of interest by the Orioles and Dodgers circulate, it’s time to ask readers the same question, given that the circumstances have changed.
As you consider your response, the following checklists may help you in making your decision:

Also consider that the Tigers’ starting rotation is crumbling with both Casey Mize and Reese Olson on the IL and Kenta Maeda moved to the bullpen. Jack Flaherty’s contract expires after this year, leaving him and Skubal as the most obvious starting pitchers left for this year.

What should the Tigers do about Tarik Skubal?

1. Buy out his contract and extend him.

2. Do nothing and keep him until free agency in 2 years.

3. Trade him for a significant package.

VOTE

I'd only trade skubal if we get a huge package. I'm not doing a 1 for 1 deal.

I'd only trade skubal if we get a huge package. I'm not doing a 1 for 1 deal.
The problem with this is a 3 for 1 deal generally means you get 3 players of lesser worth. Do you want a stud, or 2 decent or 3 average? You're not going to get 2-3 studs. So top prospect or 2 top 20's (18 and 19) or 3 top 50's (41, 44, 49)? Just examples.

Last edited:
Former GM's take on Tigers trading Tarik Skubal sucks the fun out of baseball.
If the rich keep getting richer, where's the incentive for teams like Detroit to try and win?
MCBTB

RUBIK’S ROSTER.
Totally Tigers

RUBIK’S ROSTER.
Totally Tigers
here she is again, regurgitating the same old shit. AA is to blame for everything. :poop: :poop:

Back