Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Trade Deadline

Why is 1 bad? Langford has done nothing special this season. 94 OPS+. As far as Skenes I think most teams would have kept him in the minors for longer.. Its very rare for someone to play as little as him in the minors to then be promoted.
Langford would have been in Detroit instead of W. Michigan. Better than McKinistry.
And with the train wreck of injuries to the SP, Skenes would have been pitching for the Tigers.

Langford would have been in Detroit instead of W. Michigan. Better than McKinistry.
And with the train wreck of injuries to the SP, Skenes would have been pitching for the Tigers.
I thought you said Skenes would be in Toledo all season? Its a moot point anyway he's not on the Tigers. There are many people better than McKinstry. But a below average OF/DH is nothing to be excited about. Lets see what Clark does first ..

I thought you said Skenes would be in Toledo all season? Its a moot point anyway he's not on the Tigers. There are many people better than McKinstry. But a below average OF/DH is nothing to be excited about. Lets see what Clark does first ..
We won't see Clark for another 3 years, maybe less with a September call up.

We won't see Clark for another 3 years, maybe less with a September call up.
That's what happens to HS kids. Shouldn't he get some leeway on who will be the better pro? Heck, Wenceel Perez is as good as W. Langford this season so maybe Harris should get credit for that.

That's what happens to HS kids. Shouldn't he get some leeway on who will be the better pro? Heck, Wenceel Perez is as good as W. Langford this season so maybe Harris should get credit for that.
Look, I'm tired of rooting for this team to break .500 I know what I see and that they are stalling us and have for years.
You will be here for the year 12 of the rebuild still waving your Tigers pennant but I probably won't be.
Harris is shopping at walmart instead of Bloomingdales or Nordstroms.

Look, I'm tired of rooting for this team to break .500 I know what I see and that they are stalling us and have for years.
You will be here for the year 12 of the rebuild still waving your Tigers pennant but I probably won't be.
Harris is shopping at walmart instead of Bloomingdales or Nordstroms.
We all want wins but Langford doesn't do that. When Meadows comes back they could demote McKinstry and keep Vilard and Madris but they kept McKinstry up all year I see no reason why they would change now. Langford is a 1.2 OWar over 100 games in, having him doesn't change our playoff possibility.

Last edited:
Hicks highlights. Guess he is a catcher/infielder. (Or does that mean Dh)

Kelly traded to the rangers. For 2 minor league guys. My guess is they call up Dingler.
Get back Laim Hicks and Tyler Owens.

Owens

Hicks ( was assigned to Erie)

Sucks that we are indeed sellers, but makes sense. Dingler's been lighting it up and you dont need 3 catchers.

Too bad we didn't trade Rogers as well. But he still has arb years left so it makes sense to trade Kelly.

Tigers deal Kelly, opening door for top prospect Dingler's MLB debut.
Tigers official site

Tigers trade catcher Carson Kelly to the Texas Rangers.
Dillon Dingler to the main stage, please.
BYBTB

Tigers trade resurgent catcher to Rangers to capitalize on 2024 value.
MCBTB

Tigers trade Carson Kelly to Rangers for 2 prospects, clear way for Dillon Dingler.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers trade C Carson Kelly to Texas Rangers, opening spot for Dillon Dingler.
Freep

Detroit Tigers trade Carson Kelly to Texas Rangers for two minor leaguers: What to know.
Freep

Tiger's trade Carson Kelly to the rangers
MLBTR

Last edited by a moderator:
Like the pod said. Everyone moves up. Dingler gets his shot. AA catcher gets promoted to Toledo. Tigers will probably see the pitcher before Hicks the hitter we got. I noticed in his minor league stats that a few years ago the Pitcher Owen has started some games.
So maybe with our staff being banged up he may get a call up to do a bullpen day .
Idk.

Tigers aquired relief pitcher Ricky Vanasco from the Dodgers in exchange for cash considerations.

Dont know what it means, but the espn schedule used to say Flaherty as the starter today.

Now its 'Undecided'

hmm....

23 months into the Harris regime..and these are the moves.

The Tigers have announced the following roster moves:
Placed INF Javier Báez on the medical emergency/bereavement list.
Optioned LHP Easton Lucas to Triple A Toledo.
Recalled C Dillon Dingler (#38) and INF Ryan Kreidler from Triple A Toledo.
Selected LHP Bryan Sammons (#62) from Triple A Toledo.
To make room for Sammons on the 40-man roster, transferred RHP Casey Mize to the 60-day injured list.

Casey Mize did not seem thrilled to be on the 60-day."I want to play," he said. "I feel like I’ll be ready prior to that, to be honest. That missed time is definitely frustrating for a team that I feel like needs me."
A.J. Hinch indicated there wasn’t any sort of setback with Casey Mize. Said it would have been a “photo finish” for him to return before 60 days anyway.

Hinch also said Javier Báez is dealing with a family matter. He will miss a minimum of three days, per MLB’s bereavement rules.

last years trade deadline was an absolute shit show. Scott is trying to one up himself so far, how can you be an owner and not ask yourself. how do they mess up the most basic things.

Chris Ilitch and his empty ballpark this evening, working hard to try and understand how to market elevated behind the plate seating. ever notices he has an entire team of Toledo Mudhens playing.
It's profitable..but the park is empty.

Tigers could have done DFA'ed instead of alientating Casey Mize.
1. DFA Mason Englert 2.DFA Eddys Leonard 3. recalled Torkelson DFA Madris. 4. dealt or DFA the memory of Akil Badoo.

Tigers trade for Dodgers reliever they clobbered earlier this month.
For cash.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers acquire Ricky Vanasco in trade with Dodgers for cash considerations.
Freep

Back