Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Trade Deadline

Why? He only has 1 more year left and we'd be in a similar place next year but with a less valuable pitcher
For his career he's been good. Plus he was pitching in bandbox that is New York. And he has a year left.

For his career he's been good. Plus he was pitching in bandbox that is New York. And he has a year left.
If I knew Illitch was planning on spending this off season to really make a push I'd be a little more open to that deal. But you and I both know we'd just be trading him next deadline. I'd rather cash the value now.

If I knew Illitch was planning on spending this off season to really make a push I'd be a little more open to that deal. But you and I both know we'd just be trading him next deadline. I'd rather cash the value now.
True. But maybe we'll be contenders next season. Heh, I made a funny.

True. But maybe we'll be contenders next season. Heh, I made a funny.
I think the Skubal decision might tell a lot about the direction the team is taking. If they trade him they're clearly never going to spend money and if they keep him I think they make an honest effort to build around him.

I think the Skubal decision might tell a lot about the direction the team is taking. If they trade him they're clearly never going to spend money and if they keep him I think they make an honest effort to build around him.
My best guess is they won't trade him, now, unless Balt. throws in Holliday and another top ten prospect. But I don't see that. People are saying because his agent is that jackass that he's going to free agency regardless.

The Tigers are in such a terrible position. Their two best assets to trade are starting pitchers. Unfortunately, they are so thin at starting pitching that they need to do a bull pen day once a week.

The Tigers are in such a terrible position. Their two best assets to trade are starting pitchers. Unfortunately, they are so thin at starting pitching that they need to do a bull pen day once a week.
If they trade both it might be a BP game every game.

Astros gave a lot up for a much worse starter than Flaherty. GM playing hardball again I guess.

IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT THE TRADE DEADLINE.
Totally Tigers

I hope Skubal gets traded to Baltimore today. This season is over and I don't have much hope for what this team has in the farm (as far as top end talent) Trade him to Baltimore for 3 of their top 10 prospects and get a teams top 10 for Flaherty.

I hope Skubal gets traded to Baltimore today. This season is over and I don't have much hope for what this team has in the farm (as far as top end talent) Trade him to Baltimore for 3 of their top 10 prospects and get a teams top 10 for Flaherty.
I wonder if someone will give a top prospect for a 2 month rental. Skubal on the other hand should get a boat load of talent but imo I don't think Baltimore wants to give up that..

I wonder if someone will give a top prospect for a 2 month rental. Skubal on the other hand should get a boat load of talent but imo I don't think Baltimore wants to give up that..
based on what other teams have received for rentals that have been less effective than Flarhety, I think they will.

I agree with you on Baltimore. I don't think they will give what the Tigers should want.

Back