Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2024 Trade Deadline

Four teenagers this year have 15+ 2Bs, 10+ HRs and 15+ SBs.
Ricardo Cabrera #Reds
Blake Mitchell
Echedry Vargas #Rangers
Sebastian Walcott #Rangers

For the record Tigers fans, TEX also has Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford, Kumar Rocker post TJ, Brock Porter, a 2023 WS championship and many other good players. They aggressively promoted both Carter and Langford They also spent money on FA, which is every single damn thing Tigers fans want.

Essentially the anti Scott Harris method of building. Which method do you prefer? the sign/trade and draft and sign IFA really shrewdly or, lose, make excuses and promise your team might be good in 4 more years.

Four teenagers this year have 15+ 2Bs, 10+ HRs and 15+ SBs.
Ricardo Cabrera #Reds
Blake Mitchell
Echedry Vargas #Rangers
Sebastian Walcott #Rangers

For the record Tigers fans, TEX also has Evan Carter and Wyatt Langford, Kumar Rocker post TJ, Brock Porter, a 2023 WS championship and many other good players. They aggressively promoted both Carter and Langford They also spent money on FA, which is every single damn thing Tigers fans want.

Essentially the anti Scott Harris method of building. Which method do you prefer? the sign/trade and draft and sign IFA really shrewdly or, lose, make excuses and promise your team might be good in 4 more years.
Landlord is below average & Texas is below .500 so whoopie 😄

And Langford wasn't part of that. Which is my whole point and rebuffing the normal convo "we should have went Langford over Clark, wah wah."
You neglect they did everything we want the Tigers to do with better FA to mix in with the young players coming up the pipeline.
So you want a mix of all or the slow routine of bargain basement FA, and holding quality drafted players back who are ready and bringing up the stiffs from the minors who aren't part of the future team, or what other playoff and world series contender teams are doing?

They aggressively promoted both Carter and Langford They also spent money on FA, which is every single damn thing Tigers fans want.

You neglect they did everything we want the Tigers to do with better FA to mix in with the young players coming up the pipeline.
So you want a mix of all or the slow routine of bargain basement FA, and holding quality drafted players back who are ready and bringing up the stiffs from the minors who aren't part of the future team, or what other playoff and world series contender teams are doing?

They aggressively promoted both Carter and Langford They also spent money on FA, which is every single damn thing Tigers fans want.
Like I said I picked out Parts, Like Langford (mostly because others bring him up like he's a beast) - and the fact Texas now is a non playoff team. And since you keep saying they aggressively promoted him, whoop dee doo, they would have been better off with a free agent over him. Vierling is having a better season.

Like I said I picked out Parts, Like Langford (mostly because others bring him up like he's a beast) - and the fact Texas now is a non playoff team. And since you keep saying they aggressively promoted him, whoop dee doo, they would have been better off with a free agent over him. Vierling is having a better season.
Keep sticking to the langford issue and ignore everything else the rangers did. I'm done here you can come back and get your last word in about Langford.

Harris has either been a yes man buffoon and or combination of doing what little Chrissy tells him to do which is bargain basement FA's.
How many teams in MLB are using 2 or 3 BP days per turn through the rotation? Answer is Zero.

Our Detroit Tigers (.295) are one of three MLB teams with an on-base percentage below .300 (DET, MIA, CHW). They're also in the bottom 10 for:-OPS-HRs-Walks-SLG %-Total hits-Stolen bases.

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

The Detroit Tigers acquired 22-year-old pitching prospect Joseph Montalvo from the Texas Rangers at the trade deadline, then assigned him to High-A Michigan. Addressing the deal this past Tuesday — one day before he took the mound for the first time with his new organization — Montalvo told Evan Petzold of the Detroit Free Press, MLB.com’s Jason Beck, and yours truly, that he knows that baseball is a business. Much for that reason, he wasn’t entirely taken aback by what had transpired.

It being common for players to offer that sentiment, I had a question for Montalvo. While he knew that getting traded someday was always going to be a possibility, had he actually put more than a passing thought into its happening?

“I always had it in my mind,” Montalvo replied. “You never think that it’s going to happen. You’re never thinking, ‘I might get traded, I’m going to get traded,’ but if it happens, at least you’re ready mentally. At the end of the day, like I said, it’s still a business.”

Pragmatism aside, staying with one organization is something he would have embraced.

“That’s something, as a player, you always want,” said Montalvo, who was born in Puerto Rico and was drafted by the Rangers out of a Kissimmee, Florida high school in 2021. “You want to get to the big leagues with the team that signed you. If you ask any player, they’ll probably tell you the same. But I’m happy to be here. Hopefully one day I’ll be up there in Detroit and win a World Series. That’s the ultimate goal.”

Montalvo, whom Eric Longenhagen assigned a 40 FV last month, allowed two baserunners over three scoreless innings for West Michigan on Wednesday. He has a 2.32 ERA and a 3.95 FIP in 62 innings, all at High-A, on the season.

Fangraphs

When Scott Harris told you the lie of blocking players opportunities, McKinstry Vilade Baddoo Urshela Wentz Sammons, who exactly was he referring to? It was a lie, and an excuse for spending 65% of his offseason money on busts.

MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Today, it’s about quick hits – bits of news that catch my radar during the week as well as connecting the dots re ongoing stories. Even the quirky.
So let’s get to it! Here are the most interesting topics that hit my radar over the past week………..

MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Today, it’s about quick hits – bits of news that catch my radar during the week as well as connecting the dots re ongoing stories. Even the quirky.
So let’s get to it! Here are the most interesting topics that hit my radar over the past week………..
just when I thought she couldn't get any worse with her excuse making for Harris, and throwing AA under the bus, she writes this article. :poop: :poop:

just when I thought she couldn't get any worse with her excuse making for Harris, and throwing AA under the bus, she writes this article. :poop: :poop:

Review of this latest blog:

Act 1: I'm the expert; you are unformed and should keep quiet.
Act 2: Anytime I can throw acid on the Avila organization, I will.
Act 3: I found more acid (I thought that I had used all of it!)

Holly is turning into a one-trick pony.

Last edited:
Tigers To Promote Trey Sweeney.
MLBTR

Shortstop Trey Sweeney promoted from Triple-A Toledo.
The first acquisition from Scott Harris’ deadline trades will make his major league debut against the team that drafted him, the New York Yankees.
BYBTB

Tigers reportedly already calling up key trade deadline acquisition.
That was quick.
MCBTB

Detroit Tigers promote new prospect Trey Sweeney from Triple-A Toledo for MLB debut.
Freep

Sweeney has raked since July 1.
41/122
336/400/557
5 HR
20 RBI
16 XBH

Jung has struggled since returning from wrist discomfort July 8
229 BA 706 OPS
defensively Jung has transitioning to 3B Good time to get a look at what both players look like in the show to help assess 2025.

Guessing Urshela for Jung. Greene will be recalled by Sunday for Baddoo.
Sweeney most likely for either Perez to the 60 day or DFA McKinstry.

Tigers and Mariners combined for 4 hits, tied for fewest combined in a 9-inning game at Comerica Park. The other 4-hit game was 8/21/07 against Cleveland, also known as Jair Jurrjens' first MLB win. Magglio Ordonez and Carlos Guillen homered in that 2-1 game.

Riley Greene was destined to play baseball! The first 15,000 fans at Comerica Park tomorrow can score this Riley Greene Little League bobblehead.

Back