Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

98 yard winning drive. No timeouts

hankpav53

I love you Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson... seriously in the best mood in the world... even if i was eliminated from both my fantasy leagues...

33 TDs in one season

New Lions QB record

And he's only 23 years old

4145 yards too

The Lions QB record is 4338

He needs >193 yards in two games to break that record...I think he's got it barring injury.

Also the fourth comeback of 13 or more points for the season.... That is a NFL recored.

The key here is he is 23 years old, that's the age of some NFL rookies. He's the most talented QB we've ever had in Detroit. Shore up that O line and add a couple healthy backs(Best and Leshoure) in the off season and he could be just as good as anyone in the NFL.

The kid just has it.

That was a Ken Stabler-esque drive with Madden looking on through binos. Deliciously ironic.

Seriously though, when do analysts and espn start showing him some love. Fucking Tebows 10 or so passing TDs overshadowing Staffords 33, with an inept backfield, and 1 dimensional offense.

kdp1980 said:
Seriously though, when do analysts and espn start showing him some love. Fucking Tebows 10 or so passing TDs overshadowing Staffords 33, with an inept backfield, and 1 dimensional offense.

It'll die down. About two years but soon enough.

I can't remember what channel, maybe NFLN, they were discussing last week about Tebow getting some votes for MVP. Lmao.

Stafford has started to live up to his billing and thats great. I hope he is a probowler this year but there may be to many qbs in the nfc with brees, manning and rodgers.Yesterday once again proved that this kid has some magic which until this season we had only seen glimpses of. The Stafford to Megatron connection is alive and well and lets hope they keep going to it for the next several years.

motown1958 said:
Stafford has started to live up to his billing and thats great. I hope he is a probowler this year but there may be to many qbs in the nfc with brees, manning and rodgers.Yesterday once again proved that this kid has some magic which until this season we had only seen glimpses of. The Stafford to Megatron connection is alive and well and lets hope they keep going to it for the next several years.

I think'll be Staff vs Eli for the 3rd spot as an NFC pro bowler. Can't see who else it might be?

rodgers and brees are locks. So outside of them nobody is close to staff and eli.

A qb that isnt completing 50 percent of his passes being mentioned as probowl material is laughable, and proves there is something seriously wrong with the NFL.

Romo, think hes got like 30 tds and 9 ints right now. Staffords hand injury mightve doomed his Probowl season IMHO.

kdp1980 said:
Romo, think hes got like 30 tds and 9 ints right now. Staffords hand injury mightve doomed his Probowl season IMHO.

I think they look past that. They know he was fk'd up. They can see him put up the numbers and late rallies.

Back