Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Any news on if Fairley isplaying monday?

Yeah the bears are going to use draws and screens a lot Monday night...

Perhaps the Lions intend to play Fairley during the MNF game, but they are not going to make it official until it becomes necessary, so that the Bears might not have as much time to game-plan for Fairley as well, but IF I was a Bears OL coach, I would anticipate that Fairley WILL play. and will do so effectively and frequently, and it is quite likely that the Bears will do so anyway, regardless.

If Nick plays, the Bears "might" not double-team him at first, maybe depending upon who else lines up with him on D, or at least not until after they discover how much of an impact he is making (or not) on their run game, since it is "Fairley"obvious that the Bears game-plan will be primarily based upon eating up minutes on the clock, and they will attempt to keep the Lions' explosive (passing) offense on the sidelines as much as possible. They will try to maintain possession by running Forte often, then they may make adjustments based upon Fairley's possible effectiveness in helping the Lions' defense penetrate into the Bears' backfield, during run or their probably less frequent pass plays, but the latter only IF the Bears' defense manages to keep the Lions offense from scoring early and especially often, IMO.

That squishy sound you just heard was millions of Bears fans collectively shitting their pants.

I really hope that Fairley is well and ready to play. With him being a rookie and missing camp I really don't expect much from him early on. We may see flashes of brilliance from him but I doubt he gets all that many snaps. He will be a force to contend with before long but I don't think the Bears are going to change anything on offense based on whether he plays or not. I can't wait until he gets back at 100% though. The Silver Crush is going to be awesome.

Depending on what role he will play Monday I think he can still make at least a decent impact on the game even if he only plays 15 or so snaps. If you use him primarily on passing situations in which Suh is getting constant double teams your basically putting him in one on one situations with an overall struggling Chicago O-line that has already allowed 15 sacks in 4 games.

jdbaker1 said:
I really hope that Fairley is well and ready to play. With him being a rookie and missing camp I really don't expect much from him early on. We may see flashes of brilliance from him but I doubt he gets all that many snaps. He will be a force to contend with before long but I don't think the Bears are going to change anything on offense based on whether he plays or not. I can't wait until he gets back at 100% though. The Silver Crush is going to be awesome.

Fairley's responsibilities are pretty simple, and that is to get penetration and force the Bears OL to maybe double-team him, I don't know how close he is to being 100% and we really only have to be concerned with him likely being a little overanxious and/or eager to impress, and perhaps draw a penalty or two for encroachment, or if he plays REALLY well enough, maybe a penalty in the backfield for roughing the passer, or grabbing him by the facemask or if he avoids drawing a flag or two, instead joins in sacking Cuntler, then slapping him rapidly on the side(s) and/or top of Cuntler's helmet as he gets up off of him (but hopefully only if the refs aren't looking..haha!!).
:)

If all Nick actually manages to do in his first game is to play some downs to spell others on the Dline, while being perhaps more than just a mere annoyance, forcing the Bears OL to pay more attention to him, and maybe he makes it so one or more of Suh, KVB, Avril and Co. have more opportunities to bowl over, avoid, and/or push past their blockers & get in the backfield to hopefully more often hurry, repeatedly sack, if not far better still, ultimately Cuntler gets taken out from the game on a stretcher, and he indirectly may help to contain Farte for awhile, then he will obviously make next week's MNF game that MUCH more fun to watch for Lions fans!!

It would be cool to see Fairley monday night, but I honestly don't expect much for the first few games when he comes back. He didn't even play a preseason game. I mean yeah, he could cause all hell lined up next to Suh for the few plays that he may be in, but I guess we'll see.........

Back