Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Avril Has Little Leverage

Cliff signs the one year tender and makes $10.6....does it again next year and makes another $11+/-...sounds like a good deal if I was him...2yrs $22Mill..if the Lions dont want to place the tag next year, someone else will pay him..He wins

Last edited:
Or he could have a bad year, not get tagged in 2013 and is released and signs a 1 yr. 5m contract with someone else. Players don't like getting tagged for a reason.

Or he could have a bad year, not get tagged in 2013 and is released and signs a 1 yr. 5m contract with someone else. Players don't like getting tagged for a reason.

Or blow out a knee.

He has two options:
1. Take less money but have long-term security and play for a team he likes and will probably be yearly contenders.
2. Sign the tender, play on another one-year deal with no security, hope not to get franchised again so he can get paid in FA, with no guarantee that the teams with $$$ are contenders

he has two options:
1. Take less money but have long-term security and play for a team he likes and will probably be yearly contenders.
2. Sign the tender, play on another one-year deal with no security, hope not to get franchised again or injured or suck so he can get paid in fa, with no guarantee that the teams with $$$ are contenders

ftfy.

I've never heard anything about what the Lions have offered. Only that Avril wanted at least $12 million a year.

12 a year? Why do you make shit up? I know you fn hate the guy but he NEVER asked for 12 per...lol. For fuck sakes, man....

How much did he ask for?

I don't have a number. Nobody does, bro..lol. That's the thing.

Avril came out and said he wanted to get paid by the Lions. He never said he wanted TOP DE money. If he did, somebody needs to show me a link, a quote, whatever, right?

IMO, he deserves around 7-8 mill per year.

Avril came out and said he wanted to get paid by the Lions. He never said he wanted TOP DE money. If he did, somebody needs to show me a link, a quote, whatever, right?

I'm thinking the Lions probably are close to that number, so Avril must be asking for something averaging $9-10+ is my guess

Just asking.

12 a year? Why do you make shit up? I know you fn hate the guy but he NEVER asked for 12 per...lol. For fuck sakes, man....

I'M NOT MAKING SHIT UP.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...y-begins/acd956e9-60a4-4674-96f7-afafc7f43189

Avril told media members after the season that he was looking to cash in on his first chance at free agency, and mentioned the deals the Chiefs' Tamba Hali (five years, $60 million) and the Panthers' Charles Johnson (six years, $72 million) signed last year when asked what he might command.

Eat that crow. Don't call me out unless you know what the hell you're talking about. This has been posted on these boards numerous times, but somehow you're still too damn retarded to understand.

And I don't hate the guy. $8-9 million would be great. He's not going for it.

Last edited:
I'M NOT MAKING SHIT UP.

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/li...y-begins/acd956e9-60a4-4674-96f7-afafc7f43189

Avril told media members after the season that he was looking to cash in on his first chance at free agency, and mentioned the deals the Chiefs' Tamba Hali (five years, $60 million) and the Panthers' Charles Johnson (six years, $72 million) signed last year when asked what he might command.

Eat that crow. Don't call me out unless you know what the hell you're talking about. This has been posted on these boards numerous times, but somehow you're still too damn retarded to understand.

And I don't hate the guy. $8-9 million would be great. He's not going for it.

And Boom goes the Dynamite!

Back