Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Beat Ohio * Game Thread

Damn damn damn. Would have been nice to pull this one out. At least we had some positive developments out of Amir Williams and Laquinton Ross. If we can keep this up against Indiana we have a chance to turn into a dangerous team.

The refs were equally bad in this one. Craft gets a three after the 35 shot clock had expired for what felt like a long second. Craft gets away with a flagrant foul in OT (that's what it was, if it was any other game, that's being called). Michigan fouled him at the end, but that was a makeup for not calling a flagrant.

out this game and indiana game together and you can see some of our limitations

Well they are probably going to be number 2 but I don't feel like they deserve it at the moment.

That said it's not like OSU is a bad team, they're one of the best around. At the same time, they should be a team that this Michigan team should be able to beat without struggling so hard at home.

If they had called the foul on Michigan at the end, then I would be more upset about that flagrant foul by Craft. The refs didn't call it as a makeup and Michigan won. Let em play at the end. Balanced out.

Ohio* fans bitching about the "non-call" on the last play of the game, conveniently forgetting the flagrant the play before

Damn damn damn. Would have been nice to pull this one out. At least we had some positive developments out of Amir Williams and Laquinton Ross. If we can keep this up against Indiana we have a chance to turn into a dangerous team.

I thought once M played for the last shot in Reg., that it was over ...drive and dish and either create space or get free throws. Good no call to end it after a subpar job by the refs overall (basketball, by definition).

Ohio* fans bitching about the "non-call" on the last play of the game, conveniently forgetting the flagrant the play before

Screw em! Balanced out. The guy slapped him in the face and pushed him down hard to the court.

And Shawn Crable isn't called for a personal foul on Troy Smith in '06 were Smith not a Heisman frontrunner and the at home #1, either.

Tigers, if Michigan beats Wisconsin this weekend, and you say they don't deserve #2... Who does?

Well, I'd rather feel slightly uneasy after a W, then see a pretty loss. OSU is a damn good team. I know everyone hates them, but they are starting to really impress me. Very physical, guys are starting to step up. I would not be shocked to see them make another deep run in the tournament.

Well, I'd rather feel slightly uneasy after a W, then see a pretty loss. OSU is a damn good team. I know everyone hates them, but they are starting to really impress me. Very physical, guys are starting to step up. I would not be shocked to see them make another deep run in the tournament.

I disagree...... they play good against us. Because they are in Michigans head. In their losses they have been beat down pretty good, except by MSU the other day.

ohio* is tough and you know they wanted this win bad. I'll take the win, but have to close for comfort. Really would have liked to see them play better, especially towards the end. On to Wisconsin!

Maybe they do play better against Michigan, but I cannot question a team that is near the top of this conference. And take a look at their losses. Against #3, #18, and #9, all on the road, they have lost by a combined 13 points, with a couple of outliers against Illinois and Duke (both on the road as well) Trust me, I hate them, but they are a good basketball team.

Maybe they do play better against Michigan, but I cannot question a team that is near the top of this conference. And take a look at their losses. Against #3, #18, and #9, all on the road, they have lost by a combined 13 points, with a couple of outliers against Illinois and Duke (both on the road as well) Trust me, I hate them, but they are a good basketball team.

True. Im with you on that

we need the wisconsin win badly....

I hate to say this but after a 10 day stretch like we're in the middle of...losing by 10+ in the brez is not out of the question. The guys will be tired and worn down. Maybe we catch them on a poor shooting night and we get lucky...who knows? But The sparty game is definitely not a sure thing now.

Back