Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bi-partisan budget deal.

No, and after reading your post, it's still not.

Fair enough.

This is what you posted:

the press seems to be focusing on pensions being underfunded, not on the causes to it, or asking who should bear the pain from the underfunded pensions.

most sources tend to bury the detail that the avg. pension in Detroit is $19,000 per year.

This is it... this is what was too generous and needs to be cut. Orr and the banks he (his law firm...) represents wants the judge to cut the pensions of retirees collecting peanuts so they can get fully paid on the billions they're owed.

What would Jesus do, KAWDUP?

Each one of those negative things you ascribe to the press, to the sources burying details, and to Orr's law firm and the banks he represents screwing over the retirees so they can be paid, are instances that would be allowed to happen by Jesus/God because man has free will. Are they correct in what they are doing? No question the answer is no. If you were really serious about what Jesus would do - there it is.

So now why would He smite you, and not those groups you mention? The answer is he wouldn't - I was joking.

Would I give you the satisfaction of that answer prior to jabbing you back? Probably not. That is not to say I can't defend what I am saying - I most certainly can, but I was joking, any clearer yet?

If not I can't help you. Having to explain it just took the entertainment value out of it for me.

Maybe that was your intent? :*)

you misunderstood me. to clarify: the GOP blames the poor for the poor's own lot in life. it's the poor's own fault they (the poor, not the GOP) are poor. it's a total lack of empathy, and quite contrary to the teachings of christ, in my opinion.

Boehner has had enough of the people criticizing the bill.
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/53815410#53815410

It's been turned into a gif
827171206.gif

Well I don't feel that way. You are always overgeneralizing. There are way too many exceptions amongst those groups you mention to agree with your premise. That is why I push back. I know, now I'm going to have to explain all the exceptions.

But on the drive home - have to wait.

Well I don't feel that way. You are always overgeneralizing. There are way too many exceptions amongst those groups you mention to agree with your premise. That is why I push back. I know, now I'm going to have to explain all the exceptions.

But on the drive home - have to wait.

He's specifically talking about groups that wanted to shut down the government over the healthcare bill, very specifically about a group that admitted they never thought it would work, but it was in response to the recent criticism over the bill that he went there.

That would of course not have anything to do with my responses. Either that or the connection is escaping me in this ridiculous Atlanta traffic.

That would of course not have anything to do with my responses. Either that or the connection is escaping me in this ridiculous Atlanta traffic.

Your pre-gif responses? No, it doesn't have anything to do with those. I was just trying to get back to the recent talk on the budget deal.

The good outweighs the bad in the budget deal. The "groups" that are being talked about are the same as the ones who also did stupud shit?

So?!?

The good outweighs the bad in the budget deal. The "groups" that are being talked about are the same as the ones who also did stupud shit?

So?!?

This thread is about the bi-partisan bill and the winners and losers, isn't it? That it seems to have widened the crack forming in the Republican party between the extreme right and the rest is huge.

you shouldn't be on your phone while driving... lack of empathy for your fellow man.

He's specifically talking about groups that wanted to shut down the government over the healthcare bill, very specifically about a group that admitted they never thought it would work, but it was in response to the recent criticism over the bill that he went there.

I like ol' man Boehner.

I don't care if he drinks and smokes or spends too much time in a tanning bed.

I think he's standing up and doing a heroic job in an extremely difficult situation.

It was about a year or so ago he was quoted as saying, with regard to being Speaker of the House "I need this job like I need a hole in the head."

Ya think?

That helped quiet, or at least simmer down, a lot of critics.

Good for him.

I like ol' man Boehner.

I don't care if he drinks and smokes or spends too much time in a tanning bed.

I think he's standing up and doing a heroic job in an extremely difficult situation.

It was about a year or so ago he was quoted as saying, with regard to being Speaker of the House "I need this job like I need a hole in the head."

Ya think?

That helped quiet, or at least simmer down, a lot of critics.

Good for him.

I guess if anything you have to give him credit for that. he may be a lecherous alcoholic creep, but at least he's keeping the Tea Partiers out of the House Speaker post.

I love America.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess if anything you have to give him credit for that. he may be a lecherous alcoholic creep, but at least he's keeping the Tea Partiers out of the House Speaker post.

I love America.

So was General Ulysses S. Grant.

Shit ain't always pretty.

Plus nobody is actually buried in Grant's tomb.

Know why?

Because it's a freakin' tomb, it's above ground.

That's why.

you shouldn't be on your phone while driving... lack of empathy for your fellow man.

Was stuck at a light, which took at least 3 cycles of the immensely long light to begin with, to get through. Plenty of time to post short messages - therefore having nothing to do with empathy for anything.

This thread is about the bi-partisan bill and the winners and losers, isn't it? That it seems to have widened the crack forming in the Republican party between the extreme right and the rest is huge.

. . . which I acknowledged in post #6 of this thread.

"Just goes to show what a huge job lies ahead of them for any "change" in the balance of power."

. . . "them" being the GOP.

I think one of the losers is the extreme right - a deal was made without them. Add that to their growing list of defeats lately. Is that what you mean?

They got away without a tax hike, I don't think you can call anyone on the right losers just because of that.

The single biggest issue that has encompassed all of the Obama plans resistance has been the right not wanting any tax hikes, they bitch about the deficit, and the affordable health care act, and welfare, but the center of it all is worrying they might have to pay a few more pennies on the dollar.

How can they consider themselves losers when they got a budget that will [supposedly] reduce the defect, and not raise taxes. They should be dancing in the streets.

They got away without a tax hike, I don't think you can call anyone on the right losers just because of that.

The single biggest issue that has encompassed all of the Obama plans resistance has been the right not wanting any tax hikes, they bitch about the deficit, and the affordable health care act, and welfare, but the center of it all is worrying they might have to pay a few more pennies on the dollar.

How can they consider themselves losers when they got a budget that will [supposedly] reduce the defect, and not raise taxes. They should be dancing in the streets.

Reduce the deficit over a decade - that traded for a lower amount of sequestration cuts. Not as good, but they certainly should be happy they at least got that.

Lol the cuts come in a decade..translated..theyll never come since half the legislators will be gone.It was agreed upon by the gop to focus on obamacare and the election

Lol the cuts come in a decade..translated..theyll never come since half the legislators will be gone.It was agreed upon by the gop to focus on obamacare and the election

Nevermind that.

Mitch McConnell & others just said they're going to sabotage this whole deal by fighting over the debt ceiling again.

I guess they're cunning alright!

Cut a budget deal, all the while knowing you're going to throw a wrench in the machinery of government again a month down the road and fight about the budget all over again at that time. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!11!!W#@@

Nevermind that.

Mitch McConnell & others just said they're going to sabotage this whole deal by fighting over the debt ceiling again.

I guess they're cunning alright!

Cut a budget deal, all the while knowing you're going to throw a wrench in the machinery of government again a month down the road and fight about the budget all over again at that time. MWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!!!!11!!W#@@

Debt ceiling is just another battle....we need to do about this countries debt, no?

Back