Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Bonderman called up

The last three Al-Al outings has convinced me I was probably right that Al-Al should have been the player demoted, not Reed.

The last three Al-Al outings has convinced me I was probably right that Al-Al should have been the player demoted, not Reed.

I'm with you on that. Based on how they've done this season it was an easy decision for me.

Does the fact that Pena is the one that caught those games change anything for you?

Quote:
"Coke and BBQ have got to be two of the worst bullpen arms in the entire majors"

Since late last night, I have read various / differing compilations of these 17 words above, on multiple Tigers message boards.

Do something to improve the bullpen Mr. Dombrowski!

Al Albuquerque who is "supposed" to be efficient vs. both LH & RH, has a .480 ERA vs. LH and a .611 ERA vs. RH.

Albuquerque's ERA with runners in scoring position 11.91

Coke's ERA with runners in scoring position 15.30
and 11.57 ERA when he gets behind in the count.

Dotel has thrown three scoreless innings with three strikeouts and no walks between GCL Tigers & Lakeland.

Tigers option Jeremy Bonderman and Luke Putkonen to Triple-A Toledo, recall Phil Coke and Hernan Perez from Toled

To clarify: Coke and Perez up. Putkonen to Lakeland. Back Monday. Bonderman to Toledo. Back Tuesday.

OMG! After last night, I'm not sure Al-Al belongs in the majors anymore.

But neither may Reed and Bonderman.

Dear Dombrowski: Is there any way Darren Downs could be summoned, before he turns to rust sitting at home? He looked to be back-on-track the last few weeks. It just took him a while to get over that injury.

OK - I'm done once again with this thread. It took 20 runs by the Red Sox for me to click-on this thread again. I promise not to come back, unless another bullpen collapse like last night erupts again.

Last edited:
OMG!
OK - I'm done once again with this thread. It took 20 runs by the Red Sox for me to click-on this thread again. I promise not to come back, unless another bullpen collapse like last night erupts again.

You could be back here more times than most of the rest of us then. I have very little faith in the Tiger's pen, right now. Or worst yet it's managerment.

OMG! After last night, I'm not sure Al-Al belongs in the majors anymore.

But neither may Reed and Bonderman.

Dear Dombrowski: Is there any way Darren Downs could be summoned, before he turns to rust sitting at home? He looked to be back-on-track the last few weeks. It just took him a while to get over that injury.

Downs must have peed on Leyland's dog or something, he should have been up the minute he got off the DL.

Back