Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Culley - WR coach from KC, has worked with Reid for a long time. Christensen - QB coach from Indy. Was the OC under Caldwell but got demoted when Caldwell got the boot.

I am starting to wonder why coaches are picking spots that seem to have less talent.

They did their homework and watched calvin Johnson turn into a walking knee injury who only runs 6 yard slants anymore. And matt Stafford who only hits him on the 6 yard slant 45% of the time.

They did their homework and watched calvin Johnson turn into a walking knee injury who only runs 6 yard slants anymore. And matt Stafford who only hits him on the 6 yard slant 45% of the time.

Dude, get over it. Calvin is not a walking knee injury. He's the best WR in the league.

sooo you saw him run a route other than a 7 yard slant after the dallas game? when? I don't believe you...

The two TDs agianst Pittsburgh. The fade against the Bears for the game winner. Tons of routes against Green Bay. The routes he dropped against the Ravens.

Plus he could have surgery and fix it or time off (5 months) may heal it.

sooo you saw him run a route other than a 7 yard slant after the dallas game? when? I don't believe you...

I get it. He was injured for the 2nd part of the season, but that doesn't mean he's not going to be healthy for the 2014 season, which you directly implied by your previous comment, however sarcastic you meant it to be.

There are plenty of examples, but if you want a more recent game, there's Calvin's 33 yard catch against the Eagles where he got a face full of snow. The play starts at 2:26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQpuXuxPcs

I get it. He was injured for the 2nd part of the season, but that doesn't mean he's not going to be healthy for the 2014 season, which you directly implied by your previous comment, however sarcastic you meant it to be.

There are plenty of examples, but if you want a more recent game, there's Calvin's 33 yard catch against the Eagles where he got a face full of snow. The play starts at 2:26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrQpuXuxPcs

the snow padded the impact of running :D lol yes I was sarcastic. but my point, as sarcastic as it was, stil rings with truth....weve turned one of the better deep threats in the game into a possession WR.

Thank you for the link grandy. I'm watching it, and it's very interesting.

Nothing surprising, but a lot of information.

Thank you for the link grandy. I'm watching it, and it's very interesting.

Nothing surprising, but a lot of information.

You were technically correct earlier, according to Caldwell he started out as a D-Co at Southern Illinois, then he moved toward offensive position coaching after that.

At least Caldwell wants to win a championship

Mayhew and the drunk only seem to care about "winning consistently"

Caldwell presser in 10 minutes

http://www.detroitsports1051.com/listenlive/

I know 105.1 will be carrying it

Mayhew admitted that he knew very little about Caldwell, yet in the span of merely a few weeks, he now feels very comfortable and intimately knows that he is THE man for the job of Lions HC.

But liked Caldwell's speech, he was hitting on all of the issues, problems, and weaknesses that if fixed would make the Lions a much better team, but they must not just listen to what he preaches and teaches to them, but actually put them into practice, not an easy chore given their recent as well as past history...good luck to JC from a skeptical Lions fan.

Last edited:
But liked Caldwell's speech, he was hitting on all of the issues, problems, and weaknesses that if fixed would make the Lions a much better team, but they must not just listen to what he preaches and teaches to them, but actually put them into practice, not an easy chore given their recent as well as past history...good luck to JC from a skeptical Lions fan.

This about sums it up

I'm slowly coming around, I'll probably end up being disappointed as we always are, but at least I'm a little bit excited for next season

That was a very good press conference but until I see the changes then to me its just lip service. We have heard it all before

A Bill Parcells clone??? Again, your knowledge of the football world is phenomenal. They're polar opposites of each other. lol. As a person and their football styles.

Maybe this will make you feel better. We just dug up Vince Lombardi and he's our new HC his OC is Mike Martz (greatest show on turf), Buddy Ryan is our new DC. Feel better now?

Duh..But Parsells knows how to win. Duh. Did you not get what I just said..?

Just got through reading a recap of the press conference. I like it. I like Schwartz's. I liked Marinelli's (shakes head in disgrace). Anyways I hope that he's able to groom them into what he says he expects. I'm excited, mainly because it won't be the same ole schwartz coy bullshit. At least we get some variety for next season whether it's good or bad, because at this point I'm taking the development of the team as it comes. Did entirely too much bitching the second half of the season and think I'm all bitched out lol

Thpught that today was Caldwell's birthday, (caught a blurb about it on TV) but it is tommorrow. He was born January 16, `1955, and so will turn age 59.

Still, being hired for a HCing job in the NFL, is quite a nice gift to receive around it. But we shall see if he still is the Lions HC by the time he nears most peoples' retirement age.

Haven't found out anything yet about the length of his contract or has salary yet, but it may be revealed sometime later by the Lions, I suppose.

Back