Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Well Lazor chose the Dolphins so it doesn't matter now. Per Mortenson.

Not good. These sought after guys going to other teams is weird, Stafford, supposedly our biggest asset seems to be turning people off. Or was this about 'money' again.

lol! what the fuck is wrong with this organization...we cant even announce our coordinators right??? And how the fuck do you hire Caldwell of you don't even know who his OC is going to be???

Report: Bill Lazor headed to Miami, not Detroit

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 15, 2014, 11:04 AM EST

lazorAP
It looks like another Matthew Stafford interception.

There were reports last night that Bill Lazor was headed to Detroit, but he apparently has a much warmer destination in mind.

According to Chris Mortensen of ESPN (committing a little ESPN-on-ESPN crime), the Eagles quarterbacks coach has been hired by the Dolphins.

He was one of the early interviews with the Dolphins, along with just-hired Giants offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo, and just-fired Redskins coordinator Kyle Shanahan.

Last edited:
McAdoo was another guy I liked but he's gone. No Kyle Shanahan for the love of Pete.

McAdoo went to Giants. Probably Dolphins top choice with GB connection with Philbin. Lazor 2nd. They get Lazor. That sucks

I hear ya.

I'm 35. Been a fan since I was 6. A real fan (followed players, actually watched games) since Barry's first game. It's been mostly crap. Crap hires. Crap players. Crap game planning. A little Barry and Megatron mixed in.

I sucks. I guess I'm a glass half full guy. New hires and new draft picks always bring optimism. Maybe i'll be more jaded the older I get. Who knows. I just don't see the fun in bashing every single thing the organization does and then call myself a fan.

The Lions don't "owe" me anything. I still enjoy watching every Sunday. I have certainly let wins and losses get to me. Not as much these days, but in my 20's I was the guy SCREAMING at the TV......getting in fights with people that ripped on my team. Actually coming to blows with a Cowboy fan who said Emmitt Smith was a better RB!!

I'm not LKP. I'm not you or Hughes either. I like it here in the middle. Still fun watching the games, talking Lions, hoping that they will turn the corner "one day".

OK, whew.....I feel better.

The thing is I'm not bashing everything they do. Don't believe the Tony rants. There are some things I like about this team and other things I don't..I've been the positive guy before, we all have been at one time. We've all been negative before too, the past 8 months has been my time. No one likes, no one needs to read..it's a forum. Not like I'm going to the streets persecuting Caldwell..

Not good. These sought after guys going to other teams is weird, Stafford, supposedly our biggest asset seems to be turning people off. Or was this about 'money' again.

That's what I was thinking. Shocking coaches rather work with Tannenhill and Locker over Stafford.

That's what I was thinking. Shocking coaches rather work with Tannenhill and Locker over Stafford.

It looks like he's got a reputation of being less than receptive. The talent is there, but as a coach that only means so much.

I hope he is receptive, has a ton of talent and a ton of money locked in from the Lions. I hope he is willing to do what makes him better and the team.

I remember Scott Michelle when he had the one good year and then..imploded. So what's plan C?

Last edited:
no, just pointing out what happened in NE. Belichick may never had won all that if that didn't happen. and i'm not saying Stafford and Bledsoe are alike either

I remember Scott Michelle when he had the one good year and then..imploded. So what's plan C?

Scott "Michelle" had one good regular season in 95, then imploded with 4 INTs vs the Peete-led Eagles in the WC playoffs. Fontes yanked him out of the game for Majkowski (who tossed 3 TDs to make the lopsided 51-7 score appear closer, but he also threw 2 INTS, one returned for a TD. Mitchell was seen on the sidelines after being pulled, yelling and gesturing wildly @ Fontes with his arms spread wide, as if to demand to know why he was hooked...uhhh...b/c you threw 4 INTs ...ya wuss!!

Last edited:
Back