Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Rip

Attachments

• suicide%201.jpg
    suicide%201.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 36
Wow, should have just kept Gym. Horrible hire, I guess we will see where it goes.

Why is everyone so down on the hire? Because of last year in Baltimore? This board is fucked lol

Good hire

Gaaahhh!!

better hire an OC who can cover his ass
Dr. Jimmy and Mr. Jim, when I'm pilled you don't notice him, he only comes out when I drink my Gin...

Why is everyone so down on the hire? Because of last year in Baltimore? This board is fucked lol

Good hire

I'm with you, Tony.

I'm more interested to see who the coordinators will be.

Two good hires for OC and DC and this team will be in the playoffs next year.

Jim Caldwell likely to take Ravens secondary coach Teryl Austin with him to Detroit as defensive coordinator.

I'm with you, Tony.

I'm more interested to see who the coordinators will be.

Two good hires for OC and DC and this team will be in the playoffs next year.

Oh it's that easy, great I didn't know we could easily just get a good OC/DC. Shit why didn't we just do that before? The guy has been a disaster as a HC in college and pros. His Colts team got worse since he took over.

Oh it's that easy, great I didn't know we could easily just get a good OC/DC. Shit why didn't we just do that before? The guy has been a disaster as a HC in college and pros. His Colts team got worse since he took over.

Who said it was easy??

LOL.....keep tryin princess.

Good hire

Because most of us thought Whisenhunt was a good hire. I'll be behind Caldwell now that he's the coach, but there aren't many positives based off of his resume.

He went 26-63 as the head coach at Wake Forest, with one winning season. He's been an assistant around the league for several different teams. His one positive is that he coached Peyton Manning. But when Peyton got injured, the Colts went 2-14. (so was it Caldwell elevating Peyton or Peyton elevating Caldwell?) Also, the Ravens were planning on firing him from his OC position if he didn't accept a head coaching offer.

So overall, not that much to be excited about. But maybe he can bring in a good OC and DC, who knows?

You just said two good hires and playoffs next year. Like we can just think he is going to bring in anyone worth a damn.

Last edited:
Last year in Baltimore. Lost Boldin, Pitta hurt almost all year, Rice hurt early in year, Jones out a couple games. Lost Matt Birk, left tackle was trash so they traded for Monroe.

Flacco 11 TDs and 0 ints with healthy weapons and good Olines. Caldwell gets a huge talent upgrade in the 2014 Detroit Lions over the 2013 injured Baltimore Ravens

Look at Peyton 2001 and prior before Caldwell and then 2002 and after. Caldwell taught Peyton plenty.

2012 as OC can't be ignored. Nor a 14-2 first season as HC.

In Caldwell's defense, the Ravens offense lost 3 different OL, Flacco lost his top 2 receivers and Rice was hurt all season

Back