Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Let me start of by saying I didn't think any of the three main coaching candidates (Munch, Whiz, or Caldwell) were huge difference makers that were no brainers. Every single one of them is a crap shoot.

Having said that, some of you bagging on Caldwell for Baltimore's offense being shitty need to do some research. The Ravens offense depends heavily on the run game and Ray Rice had only one 100 yard game all season. Before you blame Caldwell, look a little deeper.

Matt Birk retired before this season. They brought in Gino Gradkowski to replace him and he ended up ranked LAST among all NFL centers by most reports. Bottom 3 in every single one I've read.

Micheal Oher regressed so much that the Ravens probably won't even resign the guy. In 2013 he ranked in the bottom 5% of ALL tackles in run blocking and was in the bottom half in pass protection.

In the passing game, the Ravens suffered a similar problem to the Lions in that they had Torrey Smith and a bag of dicks that tried to play WR. Marlon Brown did ok but asking an undrafted WR to step up in his rookie season to be a #2 is pretty unfair.

Say what you want about Caldwell and why he'll fail, but pointing at last season in Baltimore is a shitty place to start.

Let me start of by saying I didn't think any of the three main coaching candidates (Munch, Whiz, or Caldwell) were huge difference makers that were no brainers. Every single one of them is a crap shoot.

Having said that, some of you bagging on Caldwell for Baltimore's offense being shitty need to do some research. The Ravens offense depends heavily on the run game and Ray Rice had only one 100 yard game all season. Before you blame Caldwell, look a little deeper.

Matt Birk retired before this season. They brought in Gino Gradkowski to replace him and he ended up ranked LAST among all NFL centers by most reports. Bottom 3 in every single one I've read.

Micheal Oher regressed so much that the Ravens probably won't even resign the guy. In 2013 he ranked in the bottom 5% of ALL tackles in run blocking and was in the bottom half in pass protection.

In the passing game, the Ravens suffered a similar problem to the Lions in that they had Torrey Smith and a bag of dicks that tried to play WR. Marlon Brown did ok but asking an undrafted WR to step up in his rookie season to be a #2 is pretty unfair.

Say what you want about Caldwell and why he'll fail, but pointing at last season in Baltimore is a shitty place to start.

Agreed 100%. Pitta hurt. When he had Boldin, Pitta, heatlhy Ric and Jones and Smith, he did really well. Won a Super Bowl.

I'm not liking the new DC though. Only one year DC experience adn not in NFL.

Guess why most people got so pissed at Stafford? INTs. Guess which QB had more INTs than Stafford last season? Flacco. Guess who Flaccos OC was last year and just got promoted to the Lions HC? Caldwell. So how is he going to fix Stafford?

Again you added nothing. I know we have Top five QB.

Thats why youre a fn retard. Never in my life i did i say Stafford was a "top 5" QB. You're an idiot

Talk about me adding nothing? You just described in ONE word, your fn feelings on a possible Dco ... "swell". ...you fn moron.

Guess why most people got so pissed at Stafford? INTs. Guess which QB had more INTs than Stafford last season? Flacco. Guess who Flaccos OC was last year and just got promoted to the Lions HC? Caldwell. So how is he going to fix Stafford?

Holy fuck are you reaching ...omg lol

I'm reaching? You're the one that is not seeing a problem with the Lions hiring a HC that no other team even interviewed. Every where he has been a OC or HC his team has regressed. He will fit in great in Detroit.

Last edited:
guess who the majority of the population are crackheads? black people. guess what race our president is?

by your "theory", Obama is a crackhead. what a joke you are.

(sorry in advance if i've offended anybody with the above generalization)

Flacco's only decent target was Torrey Smith. Their next best WR was an undrafted free agent (Marlon Brown). Their wide receiving corps was in worse shape than ours was if you can believe that. If the Lions get a legit #2 WR in the offseason to pair with Calvin, we already have a better O-line than Baltimore, so I'll be curious to see how Caldwell does. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be a decent head coach.

I'm reaching? You're the one that is not seeing a problem with the Lions hiring a HC that no other team even interviewed. Every where he has been a OC or HC his team has regressed. He will fit in great in Detroit.

Who did you want then??!! Throw me a name, a relevant name for fuck sakes!!

guess who the majority of the population are crackheads? black people. guess what race our president is?

What the fuck...

EDIT: I'm betting you didn't know Obama is half white. That was the stupidest analogy ever.

Last edited:

Tony said he was here to fix Stafford. How you going to fix Stafford with a guy that just coached a player that throws more picks?

Last edited:
LMFAO back to the infighting because of the instability of this team. I'm gonna chill out and see how everything shakes. Plenty of "sure hires" that ended up not being worth a damn, and other guys hired that did a lot better than expected. If he can get some discipline into these guys and manages not to sound like a smug ass, then, well, that's a good start.

Peyton Mannings OC his 28 INT rookie year - Tom Moore
Peyton Mannings OC his 23 INT 4th year - Tom Moore
Peyton Mannings OC his 49 TD 10 INT season - Tom Moore

Maybe it's the QB genius?

Just a thought.

Who did you want then??!! Throw me a name, a relevant name for fuck sakes!!

I agree most are shit but Caldwell is probably the worse choice. I would have went with a OC or DC. Roman, Quinn, Zimmer, anyone that isn't a terrible retread.

Tony said he was here to fix Stafford. How you going to fix Stafford with a guy that just coached a player that throws more picks?

Flacco threw more picks because he had no one to throw to. Try reading what I posted a few comments before:

Flacco's only decent target was Torrey Smith. Their next best WR was an undrafted free agent (Marlon Brown). Their wide receiving corps was in worse shape than ours was if you can believe that. If the Lions get a legit #2 WR in the offseason to pair with Calvin, we already have a better O-line than Baltimore, so I'll be curious to see how Caldwell does. Maybe we'll get lucky and he'll be a decent head coach.

Back