Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Caldwell fixed him..? And you know this how..

I don't think Caldwell fixed Peyton. Peyton obviously had plenty of talent to begin with. But I do think Caldwell helped him improve though. Caldwell came to the Colts in 2002.

Comp-Att Cmp% Yards TDs INTs
2001: 343-547 62.7% 4131 26 23
2002: 392-591 66.3% 4200 27 19

Before Caldwell was his QB coach, Peyton's best completion % was 62.7%. After Caldwell came, Peyton's worst completion % has been 65% in 2006.

High praise is different than fixed him. How much will Caldwell work with Staff..?

High praise is different than fixed him. How much will Caldwell work with Staff..?

I'm sure a good bit. It's pretty obvious they hired him to work with the franchise QB.

You can not give him any credit. But that is pretty wrong and just showing some bias because he's not "your guy". You want to dislike this choice.

We'll see what happens in 2014.

I dont know much about these guys

Teryl Austin is expected to be named Lions defensive coordinator and Ron Prince offensive coordinator or assistant head coach, per source

I'm sure a good bit. It's pretty obvious they hired him to work with the franchise QB.

You can not give him any credit. But that is pretty wrong and just showing some bias because he's not "your guy". You want to dislike this choice.

We shall see in 2014. I am just hoping that the ball bounces our way, never gets tipped, the wind doesn't blow at the wrong time, and we have 0 injuries.

When he "fixed" Peyton he was the OC, right? That's the point, OC work with QB, not HC.

I dont know much about these guys

Teryl Austin is expected to be named Lions defensive coordinator and Ron Prince offensive coordinator or assistant head coach, per source

Ron Prince likely O-line coach replacing Washburn.

When he "fixed" Peyton he was the OC, right? That's the point, OC work with QB, not HC.

The only guys who ever fixed Peyton Manning were those sci-fi German Doctors that stem celled his neck.

I can only hope that Dungy is genuine in his praise and not just putting in a good word for a friend.

The delusional Lions fan in me has me warming up to the hire...

Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy 24m
I'm excited for Matthew Stafford & the Detroit Lions. I think he's going to flourish under Jim Caldwell. Lions will be a playoff team in '14

Lets hope he is right

He was the QB coach. HC can work with the QB too.

Whisenhunt didn't do anything with Warner then. He was the HC not the OC, your words not mine.

And here is Whiz with Big Ben in 2005. Can you say defensive Super bowl win. Big Ben was 42% in the Super bowl. You guys crush Stafford when he is 58%.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/5536/year/2005/ben-roethlisberger

Tony Dungy ‏@TonyDungy 24m
I'm excited for Matthew Stafford & the Detroit Lions. I think he's going to flourish under Jim Caldwell. Lions will be a playoff team in '14

Lets hope he is right

Well it sounds like we will be playing TB in the NFC Championship next season. The Dungy High-Praise Bowl.

I want the Secondary Coach of the SeaHawks as DC

Not happening

Looks like Teryl Austin, he was the DC at UF in '10 and has been a DBs coach everywhere else including recently in Baltimore and a few years at Wake Forest in the 90s with Caldwell.

Back