Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Dude he will go to CLE with high praise from Dungy and make the Super Bowl and play the winner of TB-Det.

That was funny until I realize we suck..

At least Staff is better than Sanchez and Freeman..the QB class matches up well with 1983.

AP will call to put in a good word and tell the Browns how Frazier fixed him.

Torrey smith commented today on how he learned something new everyday from gym Coldwall. granted it didnt help then win many games but he learned!

Last edited:
Torrey smith commented today on how he learned something new everyday from gym Coldwall. granted it didnt help then win many games but he learned!

Geez our whole staff helped out, Mayhew taught him every day that he was better than Titus Young.

If you think it's good than that's okay with me. How about this Prince guy, worthy?

1992 Dodge City CC (volunteer)
1993 Alabama A&M (OL)
1994 South Carolina State (OL)
1995?1997 James Madison (OL)
1998?2000 Cornell (OL)
2001?2005 Virginia (OC)
2006?2008 Kansas State
2009 Virginia (ST)
2010?2011 Indianapolis Colts (assistant OL)
2012?2013 Jacksonville Jaguars (assistant OL)
2013?present Rutgers (OC)

I don't like Prince as OC. He got run out of K-State on the rails and there was some shady stuff. I'll look it up.

Prince not likely OC. OL coach.

Caldwell’s top choices for offensive coordinator are believed to be Kansas City Chiefs assistant head coach David Culley, Indianapolis Colts quarterbacks coach Clyde Christensen and Philadelphia Eagles quarterbacks coach Bill Lazor, though both would have to be let out of their contract with their current teams.

Wooten said Caldwell could look to hire Seattle Seahawks assistant Dwaine Board or Atlanta Falcons assistant Ray Hamilton as his defensive line coach.

He looks ok, position coach in a couple of Super Bowls. Has only been a DC in college for 1 season and UF lost 5 games that year. The defense gave up over 30 in 4 of the 5 losses.

3 Super Bowls working with good secondary's in each. Good guy to insert into the defensive side of the ball at this stage in our DBs maturation.

So t austin as dc
Ron prince ahc
lazor oc
....booger....thoughts?

Oh...and tressel as some weird behind the scenes guy.

Last edited:
Id like lazor as a qb coach....but oc? He hasn't really run an offense before. Not sure why u guys like the hire.

The good - nick foles

The bad - mike Vick

The ugly - all Washington and Seattle qbs prior to rg3 and Russel Wilson.

I dunno.....

I'll take the common sense approach over anything else ie this is broken, lets fix it. Will it work? Who knows. None of the coordinators are proven. But.... Everyone on the hired so far is there to address a weakness. If Lazor can bring in some Chip Kelly wrinkles I'd like to see it.

Damnit, I like it too. I am not a big fan of Caldwell because I am from Indiana and saw what he did as a HC there, but I will give the guy a chance. This Kool-Aid shit is going to destroy my heart!

He made some decisions at head coach in Indy that would go down in Lions lore and that is saying something. But it doesn't look like he thinks he's the smartest man in the room aka Schwartz with these hires. He's bringing in guys to address weaknesses like you or me or any other common sense being would do. Whether it is the right guys that remains to be seen, but you can see a plan emerge from the staff choices. Oh BTW I want Washburn to stay too.

Back