Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

Sally, still with no opinion. Not sure if I have ever seen you give one. You name call and troll the UM fans. With Google its not hard to research a coach and form an opinion.

Not sure what people wanted to have happen here. Everyone wanted Schwartz fired and no one was in love with any of the candidates. The supposed top candidate didn't want to coach here. We have to hire someone. This is someone.

It sounds like everyone was going to be angry no matter who we hired. There weren't any "great" coaching candidates. I'll be excited if/when we finally start winning. Caldwell may be that guy, he may not...same is true for anyone we would have hired.

Bill Lazor was up for a few O-Coordinator opportunities. I have no problem with that hire at all. He was going to land a job at that level somewhere this off-season.

Teryl Austin is a 3-4 secondary coach now, but the man supposedly understands all facets of the game, and again, was a coach on radars. He should be able to coordinate a 4-3 defense, and he was going to land a job at that level sometime this season or next.

Jim Caldwell, like him or hate him, hold the record for the best start in head coaches career at 14-0, and probably would have gone 16-0 that season had he not decided to rest his starters the final two weeks. And it's a move I agree with.

He's had success. When he's had weapons, he's won with them. He is a good coach, and he may even develop into a great one if he learns from previous failures, which every head coach had.

His regular season and playoff records are better than Wisenhunt as well.

So far, I don't dislike any of the coaching moves made today. Obviously they wanted Wisenhunt, but this is a solid coaching staff being put together.

Not sure what people wanted to have happen here. Everyone wanted Schwartz fired and no one was in love with any of the candidates. The supposed top candidate didn't want to coach here. We have to hire someone. This is someone.

It sounds like everyone was going to be angry no matter who we hired. There weren't any "great" coaching candidates. I'll be excited if/when we finally start winning. Caldwell may be that guy, he may not...same is true for anyone we would have hired.

I'll say this, I am happier with Jim Caldwell than I would have been with a guy like Andy Reid or Marc Trestman, or even Mike Munchak. This was the best hire available.

I'll say this, I am happier with Jim Caldwell than I would have been with a guy like Andy Reid or Marc Trestman, or even Mike Munchak. This was the best hire available.

I'd take Andy Reid over Caldwell all day, err day, every damn day. I think Caldwell could work out here. All depends on if he can win over the players and get their respect imo.

Reports are he took the ten job cause of the ease he got along with the Gm and his willingness to work with his ideas for the team. Mayhew dry fucked us....he's looking to bring in a guy that will do what mayhew wants. He couldn't even work well with his friend lmao. enter jim caldwell....the guy that took the job cause he wasnt being taken seriosly anywhere else and mayhew can bend him over and do what he wants with him.

Whisenhunt said he just felt the "chemistry" more with Tennessee. His words, no report necessary.

And Caldwell was taken seriously anywhere? wtf lol

Of course some people were going to get angry. Look who's angry about it. The same group of fn clowns with black clouds over their heads....it never fails, always something to bitch about. The man hasn't even stepped onto Michigan soil and these retards are casting stones ...give the man a chance.

Of course some people were going to get angry. Look who's angry about it. The same group of fn clowns with black clouds over their heads....it never fails, always something to bitch about. The man hasn't even stepped onto Michigan soil and these retards are casting stones ...give the man a chance.

detroit-lions-rock-muthafukka.jpg

Well if Tony says give the man a chance well muthafukka I'm gonna do it..

They same people are happy with the hire are the same ones that have been happy the last 5 years living in mediocrity. The bottom line is we don't have a very good coach with a bunch of unproven coordinators with a team that just finished 3rd place in the division....again.

Well if Tony says give the man a chance well muthafukka I'm gonna do it..

Do we have a fn choice??? You can beat yourself up for the next 3 years for all I care. But why would you do that?? Get the fuck on board and hope for some success.

Gave Morningwhig, Mooch, Marinelli, Ross, Shorts, Mayhew, and Millen a chance. When do any of these chances turn into a winner? Why do you care if some don't like the hire? Should everyone on a message board agree? Not like we wont be rooting for the Lions on Sunday. I want him to succeed I just don't think he will.

They same people are happy with the hire are the same ones that have been happy the last 5 years living in mediocrity. The bottom line is we don't have a very good coach with a bunch of unproven coordinators with a team that just finished 3rd place in the division....again.

Im not happy, sad, glad or mad about it. I wanted a coach to come in and get some new life into this team. I don't think the hire is a great hire but what other fn choice did they have? Their guy jumped ship!!! They had to make a move. Who else is going to come in? Holy fuck!!!

Back