Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Caldwell hired

What the fuck...

EDIT: I'm betting you didn't know Obama is half white. That was the stupidest analogy ever.
it was just as idiotic as the statement about Caldwell, not very well thought out and an over reaction.

if you cant see the sarcasm in that statement, then i feel sorry for you.

There is no guarantee on most HC. But why not go with one who at least has had success recently..

I don't know who that is, Roman maybe - but at first thought I don't like the hire.

Last year in Baltimore. Lost Boldin, Pitta hurt almost all year, Rice hurt early in year, Jones out a couple games. Lost Matt Birk, left tackle was trash so they traded for Monroe.

Flacco 11 TDs and 0 ints with healthy weapons and good Olines. Caldwell gets a huge talent upgrade in the 2014 Detroit Lions over the 2013 injured Baltimore Ravens

Look at Peyton 2001 and prior before Caldwell and then 2002 and after. Caldwell taught Peyton plenty.

2012 as OC can't be ignored. Nor a 14-2 first season as HC.

Fucking a lol....lkp already starting with the excuses lmao.

Wooo!!!! Caldwell led Indi to Luck now he will lead us to Winston. Can't wait to hear the chants , tank, tank, tank, TANK, TANK!!!!!

I agree most are shit but Caldwell is probably the worse choice. I would have went with a OC or DC. Roman, Quinn, Zimmer, anyone that isn't a terrible retread.

I would take those 3 over Gym Caldwell myself..

Whisenhunt absolutely dry fucked us. Fuck him ... seriously. Ill take the guy that WANTS to be here

Reports are he took the ten job cause of the ease he got along with the Gm and his willingness to work with his ideas for the team. Mayhew dry fucked us....he's looking to bring in a guy that will do what mayhew wants. He couldn't even work well with his friend lmao. enter jim caldwell....the guy that took the job cause he wasnt being taken seriosly anywhere else and mayhew can bend him over and do what he wants with him.

The issue I have is Mayhew was set on hiring an OC to fix our stupid QB so DC were left out of the loop. But the guy who works with Staff the most will be the OC whoever that might be. Imo that was not smart.

Just waiting for a quotable comment from Caldwell when things turn sour for him & his Lions team.

For example:

"What does a coach have to do around here to get fired?--Darryl Rodgers

?I?m the Big Buck. Everyone is aiming for me. Everyone wants to take down the Big Buck.?--Wayne Fontes

"I don't coach that kind of football"

"I took a drive around Lake Orchard [sic] to clear my head" (after another Lions home loss)--Bobby Ross

"The bar is high"

"We will take the wind" (after winning the coin toss in OT @ Bears)

--Marty Mornhinweg

"Pound the rock" "We will need to look at the tape" --Rod Marinelli

"What the fuck are you booing at?"
--Jim Schwartz

I am hearing Clyde Christiansen as the OC. He is the QB coach for the Colts. If he can help Luck improve the way he did this year, maybe he can help Stafford get his head out of his ass. I dont like the Caldwell hiring but I will see how it goes next year before giving a final judgement. He could be just what Detroit needs or he could be a bust. I hope for the latter but the former is probably what we will get.

I am hearing Clyde Christiansen as the OC. He is the QB coach for the Colts. If he can help Luck improve the way he did this year, maybe he can help Stafford get his head out of his ass. I dont like the Caldwell hiring but I will see how it goes next year before giving a final judgement. He could be just what Detroit needs or he could be a bust. I hope for the latter but the former is probably what we will get.

That's a high assumption. Did the OC help him or was it because of normal progression of a rookie improving on his numbers the next year?

Last edited:
Pease don't hire that Rat F. Tre$$el ... I just can't stand that cheater...
I don't really like the hire because it appears that Mayhew wants total control and does not work well with others.. Just my opinion.. I guess we have to give the guy a chance but his overall record just does not impress me. Figures the Lions could not attract a top coach..
Not sure why I thought this time would be different..

That's a high assumption. Did the OC help him or was it because of normal progression of a rookie improving on his numbers the next year?

Peyton was a rookie in 98. Peyton had a down year in 2001 and then Caldwell came in and fixed him. 26 TDs and 23 ints. Both worse than Stafford

Who were the better options that wanted to coach? Munchak? Not sure there was anyone clearly better available.

Who were the better options that wanted to coach? Munchak? Not sure there was anyone clearly better available.

Nope. It was an awful year for head coaching candidates. Unfortunately for the Lions, Schwartz had to go, there was no way they could keep him around after this collapse.

Peyton was a rookie in 98. Peyton had a down year in 2001 and then Caldwell came in and fixed him. 26 TDs and 23 ints. Both worse than Stafford

Caldwell fixed him..? And you know this how..

Back