Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Countdown

trippwelborne_fs.jpg

Did anyone ever wear a 3.5 jersey, because it's actually a bit more than three :/ We have to get through most of Thursday.

I saw some of the M vs Wisky game from '09 under Rich Rod and had almost forgotten about Sam McGuffie. Remember seeing him play for Rice against SMU or something a few yrs ago

most hyped player ever to transfer after one season. Not sure if I'd call him our biggest bust ever, but he's got to be close.

crazy that he was our 2nd leading rusher and 3rd leading receiver in 2008.

god, we've been through some shit...

most hyped player ever to transfer after one season. Not sure if I'd call him our biggest bust ever, but he's got to be close.

crazy that he was our 2nd leading rusher and 3rd leading receiver in 2008.

god, we've been through some shit...

I don't know about McGuffie being a bust though he was very hyped. I just don't think he is big enough for D-1 and got beat to hell in that RR scheme. Plus didn't he have a sick brother or something in Houston when he decided to transfer to Rice?

I'll always remember McGuffie for turning his back every time he was touched. Seems like he ran for more yards running backwards down the field than forwards. How he didn't end up with broken ribs or a broken back is beyond me. He probably should have been a CB considering the way he liked to run backwards.

Back