Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Countdown

Hey, the countdown can't be all good times. Important to remember what we've endured.

Besides... "you don't know what RichRod saw in practice;" starting Sheridan, and undermining Threet on the field and in press conferences was the right decision. We might've been 1-11 or 2-10 instead of 3-9 if RR hadn't done it that way.

That year was a nightmare.

to be fair to RR, he did get in one of the "Top 10 Moments in Michigan Stadium History"*... #9, the 2008 Comeback against Wisconsin, which was a great game, and was the landmark 500th game in Michigan Stadium. I think the video belongs in this thread as well.

*as voted on by the fans; and with a heavy post-1990 bias.

The only #8 that matters...

72555490-sep-1996-running-back-chris-howard-of-the-gettyimages.jpg

to be fair to RR, he did get in one of the "Top 10 Moments in Michigan Stadium History"*... #9, the 2008 Comeback against Wisconsin, which was a great game, and was the landmark 500th game in Michigan Stadium. I think the video belongs in this thread as well.

*as voted on by the fans; and with a heavy post-1990 bias.

I would dump the Rich Rod come back for the 1971 Billy Taylor touchdown run/Tom Darden interception against Ohio State to secure a perfect regular season.

While it's a bittersweet, it's hard not to see the Dennis Franklin 1973 touchdown run that brought Michigan even with Ohio State and should have resulted in a trip to the Rose Bowl not on the list.

Last edited:
I would dump the Rich Rod come back for the 1971 Billy Taylor touchdown run/Tom Darden interception against Ohio State to secure a perfect regular season.

While it's a bittersweet, it's hard not to see the Dennis Franklin 1973 touchdown run that brought Michigan even with Ohio State and should have resulted in a trip to the Rose Bowl not on the list.

I agree. I also think Henne's pass to Manningham to beat Penn State in 2005 should be dropped (definitely not the #5 moment in Michigan Stadium history). good win, but it was en route to a 7-5 season, and it wasn't really that spectacular of a play... just a slant route executed well.

When they do these things, they should take into account how many people from any given graduation year vote, and weight their votes accordingly so that recent decades don't have more significance than the earlier ones, just because there are fewer old farts online.

I agree. I also think Henne's pass to Manningham to beat Penn State in 2005 should be dropped (definitely not the #5 moment in Michigan Stadium history). good win, but it was en route to a 7-5 season, and it wasn't really that spectacular of a play... just a slant route executed well...

That's the one I would get rid of too.

The Dennis Franklin touchdown in 1973 secured an undefeated season and a share of the Big Ten championship.

It also set up a chance for Michigan to come within inches of a perfect season and the possibility of going to Pasadena to play for a national championship.

Nailed it.

I had Spanish 102 with him and Cato June.

Vic was like a gentle giant... shy, avoided eye contact. I felt kinda bad for him. Esp. since Cato was always giving him shit, and he seemed to take it.

I remember the TA called on him once, and he spoke too quietly to hear; when she asked him to speak up, Cato June said "Vic ain't programmed to speak."

I had Spanish 102 with him and Cato June.

Vic was like a gentle giant... shy, avoided eye contact. I felt kinda bad for him. Esp. since Cato was always giving him shit, and he seemed to take it.

I remember the TA called on him once, and he spoke too quietly to hear; when she asked him to speak up, Cato June said "Vic ain't programmed to speak."

Haha that's pretty funny.

Only

CKRDiag.jpg

Days left ......

*Summer 2010 on Diag with Bo tucked up under his arm. Get well Mom!!

Last edited:
Too bad there isn't a good option for #4...guess we might need to skip this one. ;P

Back