Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Countdown

The deflate-gate, the fact that he's a Patriot ... when players leave Michigan for the most part I don't follow them anymore as Wolverines. JMHO.

Well Deflategate is a witch hunt based on no evidence and an incompetent commissioner.

I think it's pretty cool that a Wolverine is the best QB in NFL history.

Well Deflategate is a witch hunt based on no evidence and an incompetent commissioner.

It's not the rule, it's the reaction by the NFL, the Patriots and Brady. Just own it and move on. That's what a Michigan Man should do.

Not a priority for me.

It's not the rule, it's the reaction by the NFL, the Patriots and Brady. Just own it and move on. That's what a Michigan Man should do.

Except Brady didn't do shit. Tom has testified under oath stating he never directed anyone to deflate game balls below 12.5 psi. I don't think Tom is perjuring himself. 75% of the Colts balls were under the 12.5 psi minimum as well. It's funny how no one cares about that.

I'm done with this here. This is the happy countdown thread.

Last edited:

I do too. Why wouldn't any Michigan fan be happy about that?

Not a priority for me.

grumpy_old_man.jpg

oh...

All things considered, as great as TB has been in the NFL, his UM career was pretty average.

Interesting how so many UM players who were superstars at UM kind of fizzled in the pros (especially RBs), but TB - who was kind of meh in college - excelled as a pro.

In terms of UM specific history, my bet is there was someone who performed at a higher level while wearing #10 in maize n blue...but difficult to argue any Wolverine has done better in the NFL than TB which is why his UM days get skewed so favorably.

All things considered, as great as TB has been in the NFL, his UM career was pretty average.

I don't blame him for that though. Carr trying to mollify Drew Henson's ego made that situation worse for TB, and those years were pretty good, all things considered. We went 20-5 the years he was our starter (though Henson got a lot of reps for a backup), and in my opinion, none of the 5 losses were on him. I think his reputation also suffered because we just came off a National Championship, and then started '98 0-2, but both those losses were on the defense, not TB.

EDIT: if you use the phrase "all things considered" regarding Tom Brady's college career... it should be considered impressive. he set records while having to split time with Drew Henson, and honestly, I think we would've played for a Rose Bowl win if he had played the whole game against MSU in '99. We beat Wisconsin in Madison... and they pounded Stanford in the Rose Bowl. and even without that... 20-5 as a starter is average?

Last edited by a moderator:
silly to argue about this... but that's what happens when you still have
brady-osu-091610_120.jpg
more days to go.

Except Brady didn't do shit. Tom has testified under oath stating he never directed anyone to deflate game balls below 12.5 psi. I don't think Tom is perjuring himself. 75% of the Colts balls were under the 12.5 psi minimum as well. It's funny how no one cares about that.

I'm done with this here. This is the happy countdown thread.

Deflate-gate statement retracted. RE: Brady being the "best in history" ... I'm a casual fan of the NFL, and I have been for several seasons. Recent circumstances in the league have diluted my interest further. And the Lions ... have not helped.

Last edited:
I look at it this way ...as a Wolverine, Brady can help mark TEN days to go.

In the context of being a Patriot he'd be TWELVE days to go and we already passed that. I get the question too, about Brady and say this ...some day he and I will sit back and have a beer together as fellow Michigan Alumnus but for now he's part of a systemic cheating franchise in Boston that I do not like

all due respect to Tom Brady, but I think the best QB in history was probably some dude in Chicago or Pittsburgh in the 1920's that won games despite putting in 40 hours a week in the slaughterhouse or the steel mill. some 2nd generation Pole, German, or Lithuanian guy with a name like Bachorski, Grutz, or Bronkovisius.

if he got injured, he just wrapped whatever appendage was broken in tape, and went and got hammered at the corner bar, knowing his family would starve if he didn't collect that weekly paycheck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I look at it this way ...as a Wolverine, Brady can help mark TEN days to go.

In the context of being a Patriot he'd be TWELVE days to go and we already passed that. I get the question too, about Brady and say this ...some day he and I will sit back and have a beer together as fellow Michigan Alumnus but for now he's part of a systemic cheating franchise in Boston that I do not like

Systemic? Come on man. What violations do the Pats have outside of Spygate? Spygate, by the way, was a one game violation for taping signals from an unapproved location. It was not some elaborate signal stealing scheme that ESPNSucks made it out to be. For one, there was no rule in place regarding the location of filming signals until 2007. Even when that rule was put in place, teams could still film signals, but only from certain locations in the stadium.

The Pats other violation is Deflategate, which is a fictional tale created to make Goodell look all powerful again. That hardly meets the definition of systemic. Systemic cheating would better describe the Broncos salary cap practices in the 90s and early 2000s. However, they aren't the Patriots, so no one cares.

personally I think even if you take all the screaming headlines & allegations at face value, I would not put the New England Patriots anywhere near the Cheaters' Hall of Fame, which is occupied by the baseball 'Roids Era stars, SEC coaches & boosters, Lance Armstrong, & East Germany's Olympic team

I have a hard time connecting Tom Brady to Michigan because he basically only played 2 seasons and statistically, he was very average. He had some very nice wins, but he wasn't all that memorable for me. If he had a 3-4 year career and ripped things up at Michigan, that's one thing. He was a pretty solid Michigan QB, but nothing more than that. The teams were good but I don't believe won the Big Ten?

That's why the story of him in the NFL is beyond remarkable.

Or maybe it's because I was pretty young when Tom Brady was a Michigan QB.

Last edited:
Systemic? Come on man. What violations do the Pats have outside of Spygate? Spygate, by the way, was a one game violation for taping signals from an unapproved location. It was not some elaborate signal stealing scheme that ESPNSucks made it out to be. For one, there was no rule in place regarding the location of filming signals until 2007. Even when that rule was put in place, teams could still film signals, but only from certain locations in the stadium.

The Pats other violation is Deflategate, which is a fictional tale created to make Goodell look all powerful again. That hardly meets the definition of systemic. Systemic cheating would better describe the Broncos salary cap practices in the 90s and early 2000s. However, they aren't the Patriots, so no one cares.

I won't derail the thread by replying to all of it but there were plenty of Chiefs fans bitching and moaning about Shanahan's salary cap shenanigans at the time. And Shanahan owned New England ..wasn't until the end that NE saw success over Denver.

Josh McDaniels and Belichick look to get away with whatever they can and Kraft's relationship with Goodell has protected the franchise. "Deflategate" is the single dumbest off-season story in the history of the NFL with nerds talking about PSI and atmospheric pressure ....all the while every player in the league doesn't give a shit.

Last edited:
I have a hard time connecting Tom Brady to Michigan because he basically only played 2 seasons and statistically, he was very average. He had some very nice wins, but he wasn't all that memorable for me. If he had a 3-4 year career and ripped things up at Michigan, that's one thing. He was a pretty solid Michigan QB, but nothing more than that. The teams were good but I don't believe won the Big Ten?

That's why the story of him in the NFL is beyond remarkable.

Or maybe it's because I was pretty young when Tom Brady was a Michigan QB.

Shared Big Ten Title in 1998. Won the Orange Bowl in 1999. During his first full year as starter, he set Michigan records for most pass attempts and completions in a season. Set a school record for completions in a loss to Ohio State in 1998.

They would have won the Big Ten title in 1999 if it wasn't for the o-line and defense shitting the bed against Illinois after Tom helped build a 27-7 3rd quarter lead.

I won't derail the thread by replying to all of it but there were plenty of Chiefs fans bitching and moaning about Shanahan's salary cap shenanigans at the time. And Shanahan owned New England ..wasn't until the end that NE saw success over Denver.

Josh McDaniels and Belichick look to get away with whatever they can and Kraft's relationship with Goodell has protected the franchise. "Deflategate" is the single dumbest off-season story in the history of the NFL with nerds talking about PSI and atmospheric pressure ....all the while every player in the league doesn't give a shit.

Chiefs fans might have complained, but it wasn't treated like a national tragedy like anything and everything that the Pats do.

Goodell protecting the Pats is a total myth. He hands down arbitrary and unprecedented punishments to the Pats. Hell, he just suspended Brady under a rule that is only meant for teams and not players. He had to violate the CBA and laws of the shop multiple times to put a four game suspension on Tom.

Oh yeah I forgot about that in 1999. Better stuff that I thought, but he was still very average statistically looking at TD/INT, yards, QBR. Not sure what the past history was before he came in regarding the attempts and completions.

Oh yeah I forgot about that in 1999. Better stuff that I thought, but he was still very average statistically looking at TD/INT, yards, QBR. Not sure what the past history was before he came in regarding the attempts and completions.

Offense was just different back then. There weren't so many gaudy passing numbers. In 98 he was 3rd in Big Ten passing efficiency and 1st in 99.

Last edited:
Back