Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dammit, why the F is Shane not starting at QB?

Now that Rutgers lost their starting RB, we may actually get five wins this year. It's still on the road which means we will look like a high school team on offense for the majority of the game. Defense will need to score.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, I have a hard time finding 3 games they can for sure win.

Minnesota has a darn good running back (near the top of the nation), and if they are able to control that clock, it could be a long day. Still think Michigan will win.

At Rutgers, night game. Loss

Penn State, loss. That's a good football team.

At Michigan State, loss. No need to explain.

Indiana, loss. Michigan can't handle their spread offense, and they don't have the horses to match this year.

At Northwestern, win. Pillow fight, but they'll come out on top.

Maryland, toss up. Maryland looks like a halfway decent football team.

At Ohio State, loss. Don't need to explain.

Benefit of the doubt, 5-7.

Looking at the rest of the schedule, I have a hard time finding 3 games they can for sure win.

Minnesota has a darn good running back (near the top of the nation), and if they are able to control that clock, it could be a long day. Still think Michigan will win.

At Rutgers, night game. Loss

Penn State, loss. That's a good football team.

At Michigan State, loss. No need to explain.

Indiana, loss. Michigan can't handle their spread offense, and they don't have the horses to match this year.

At Northwestern, win. Pillow fight, but they'll come out on top.

Maryland, toss up. Maryland looks like a halfway decent football team.

At Ohio State, loss. Don't need to explain.

Benefit of the doubt, 5-7.

Rutgers, MSU and Ohio State are all potential blowouts. @Rutgers @night is very dangerous for our struggling team that can't win games on the road.

Shane has thrown a lot of INTs in spot duty. Id start him for the bigillion reasons weve already debated but im starting to think Nuss' offense isnt being ran to the best of its capability. I was watching ESPN last night and they were hinting that Nuss has had to "dumb down" the offense for DG. Scary part is when Shane comes in....he doesn't seem to get it either.....

Last edited:
Might be the first time since I've had eyes that I'm not going to bother watching the game at MSU. Bleh.

Might be the first time since I've had eyes that I'm not going to bother watching the game at MSU. Bleh.

to kinda bring this full circle....connor cook looked like garbage the first part of the year he started games for MSU...shortly after hes now a projected 1st round draft pick. Michigan needs to hope Shane can develop into that same game changer. DG has shown no progression and complete unability to run this offense. Our 2 decently "tough" (cause "tough" for us is apparently the likes of ND and Mormons in Utah) games we haven't even made it into the redzone....that's ridiculous lol. Now if we had frikken Tom Brady starting that could teach and help develop Shane from the sideline....then this would be a different story....but how much do you REALLY think hes learning from watching DG?

Shane:
"ummm DG....you probably shouldn't have locked onto funchess that entire time then overthrow the ball"

"DG why did you start to run there when you had 2 guys wide open underneath?"

"DG why did you throw the ball directly to that LB?"

That is the scariest stat of them all. In the two games against power conference teams, they haven't even cracked the red zone. Wow.

Shane has thrown a lot of INTs in spot duty. Id start him for the bigillion reasons weve already debated but im starting to think Nuss' offense isnt being ran to the best of its capability. I was watching ESPN last night and they were hinting that Nuss has had to "dumb down" the offense for DG. Scary part is when Shane comes in....he doesn't seem to get it either.....

Nuss needs to get inside their heads starting this week. Stop babying these players. When DG locks on a receiver in practice Nuss should be all over him, even if the pass is perfect. "You locked on the receiver again. Do that again and your ass is on the bench. Run that play again....(and repeat)."

And now???

All of you who wanted Shane, I told you what would happen. Problem has always been the OL. DG would have at least made for a closer and better game, probably would have even won. Fucking brilliant starting Morris I tell ya. Coaches should never cave to outside pressure like that.

And now???

All of you who wanted Shane, I told you what would happen. Problem has always been the OL. DG would have at least made for a closer and better game, probably would have even won. Fucking brilliant starting Morris I tell ya. Coaches should never cave to outside pressure like that.

Yup....hes so awesome he comes in....runs around like a chicken with his head cut off.....and throws it right to a defender instead of getting dropped for a safety. youre delusional if you think this team is "winning" anything worthwhile.

Still far better than Morris. And he had a major chip on his shoulder too. They should have let him start the second half before the Pick-6 or when Shane fumbled....but YOU probably woukd have cried like a bitch about it.

Once again, it is the OL that is the problem. DG showed he is far better runner with the football. The biggest problem the D had all day was the constant 3&out of Morris.

Figures you are still incapable of grasping any of that or are just too damn stubborn to admit being wrong about something.

If by anything worthwhile you mean this game then holla. DG starting at QB we would've taken this one pretty easily. Hoke looks like a fucking moron now.

Still far better than Morris. And he had a major chip on his shoulder too. They should have let him start the second half before the Pick-6 or when Shane fumbled....but YOU probably woukd have cried like a bitch about it.

Once again, it is the OL that is the problem. DG showed he is far better runner with the football. The biggest problem the D had all day was the constant 3&out of Morris.

Figures you are still incapable of grasping any of that or are just too damn stubborn to admit being wrong about something.

figures, you are incapable of seeing a bigger picture. DG starting and winning a game vs MIN means nothing. whoopidy frikken do. DG is not the future of this team and has already shown he doesnt have the mental capacaity to grasp Nuss' offense. You keep talking about having a running qb when Nuss has never ran a read option. He needs to find a qb, preferably on our roster, that fits his offense. Its not DG...it will never be DG. We need to find out if Shane can master this offense by next year or Nuss' focus should be finding "his guy" in the off season.

Last edited:
Lol,figures you do not understand that DG being able to run does not mean they have to run a spread or read or anything else. It just means he has the ability to run, unlike Morris. That means when the pocket collapses due to shitty OL and terrible WRs, there is still a small chance for something good to happen if DG tucks the ball, which is what he demonstrated yet again today. Pocket collapses on Shane, much smaller chance. This team needs a QB who can run and escape the D pressure otherwise you get what Shane did today, which I told you countless times would happen.

And yes, Nuss is a terrible OC. I'm betting the only reason for prior success was those OL had much more talent, but an OC must be able to make in-game changes that make positive things happen. Nuss is a major part of the problem.

figures, you are incapable of seeing a bigger picture. DG starting and winning a game vs MIN means nothing. whoopidy frikken do. DG is not the future of this team and has already shown he doesnt have the mental capacaity to grasp Nuss' offense. You keep talking about having a running qb when Nuss has never ran a read option. He needs to find a qb, preferably on our roster, that fits his offense. Its not DG...it will never be DG. We need to find out if Shane can master this offense by next year or Nuss' focus should be finding "his guy" in the off season.

You're right. Winning today would've really set the program back. Are you still clinging to this bull shit?

Yes...yes he is. Much better to lose today starting Morris because it will mean he wins next year despite being on the bench behind Speight.

You're right. Winning today would've really set the program back. Are you still clinging to this bull shit?

Im clinging to bullshit? Youre the one that's still assuming that DG would have won today. the fucker couldn't even GET INTO THE REDZONE vs shitty teams like ND and FUCKING UTAH lmao....

Z is starting a qb based solely on being able to run when the pocket collapses lmao. Ya....cause that's the main thing I look for when trying to find a qb. cause that's brilliant....

ps....DG has been unimpressive running from pressure this year. And when he does decide to bail....something bad usually happens moreso than good. Which is why Nuss probably wants to see if a different qb can actually run an offense instead of making his offense look like a fucking shit show.

Last edited:
DG starting at QB would not have taken this one easily, he wouldn't have taken it period. He came in during garbage time against a defense that was giving up whatever Michigan wanted because they had a 30-7 lead. And if it wasn't for a millimeter, Minnesota would have picked off Gardner on the 5 and would have scored again.

Minnesota did whatever the hell they wanted to on offense. All Minnesota does is run, everyone knows what their gameplan is. And they STILL couldn't stop Cobb, who almost went for 200. He ran harder than the defense felt like playing. I don't remember seeing so many missed tackles and pathetic efforts to stop a guy.

Gardner or Morris, Minnesota takes this game comfortably.

Last edited:
Back