Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dammit, why the F is Shane not starting at QB?

You provided analysis of the season without knowing the schedule. Thanks for proving my fucking idiot comment right.

We've gone over the rest of your nonsense in the other thread

And you think a wr with no future at qb that couldn't even win last year with more talent around him should start over a younger and imo more talented qb. You sir...are a fucking idiot.

And you think a wr with no future at qb that couldn't even win last year with more talent around him should start over a younger and imo more talented qb. You sir...are a fucking idiot.

Who was the "more tallent" last year besides gallon? Not the less experienced rbs, wrs, or ol... (yes I know lewan etc...but the line is only as good as its weakest link and we had 3 of them last year)

I don't think most people here want to see Hoke gone.

Trust me I am not sold on Hoke at all.... But the team and Michigan fans in general need a 9+ win season... We just cant keep floundering....
We need more then one or top recruits a season... We need to win to attract kids...(In my opinion)

I think Morris has a ton of talent and hopefully he can prove himself next season....

Last edited:
I know, but there's a big difference between wanting a guy gone, and being undecided about him.

Just setting the record straight....I never said I wanted hoke gone. It was an assumption I made about the general perception i got from people posting here. I think the nuss hire was a good one and hoke will get a couple years of nuss recruiting to see if he can turn it around. Oline and secondary depth has a good start. Wrs and dline needs some work. Have a qb for the future but were sitting him on the bench behind a guy I think will lead this team nowhere.

Last edited:
Morris will have his time to shine. Gardner still looks like he gives the team the best chance to win right now. The Notre Dame game will be very telling though, if Gardner plays like crap and is instrumental in a defeat I may start to change my tune. I don't see that happening though, he looked sharp and confident albeit yes against a crappy opponent.

I think it's the running game that will ultimately decide how well this team does moreso than the QB play. If Green and Smith can be a dynamic duo Michigan will get their wins.

Were either Rick Leach or Chad Henne southpaws? He needs to learn not to try to force the ball in. The QB position is looking good for the future.

both wrong...I was probably drunk and it was 9 fucking months ago. Sorry I don't remember every post I make 9 months ago lol. speaking of which....how the hell did you find that....do you just store posts away that I make so you can use them later. creepy dude...youre fucking creepy. how many times have you been to jail for stalking charges? fucking weirdo...'

what exactly does that prove anyways? that I did infact know the wolverines schedule in dec? what the hell does that have to do with anything other than I said dg should win more than 9 games after I looked at the schedule?

Last edited:
I step away from the computer for one day and I miss Hughes back on his "Shane should be starting" soapbox?! Dammit!

I think he wants Shane over Gardner because he's a racist.

I step away from the computer for one day and I miss Hughes back on his "Shane should be starting" soapbox?! Dammit!

I think he wants Shane over Gardner because he's a racist.

yup.... has absolutely nothing to do with Denard being a kick returner and DG being a WR that hops around like a weirdo and shot puts the ball inaccurately.... neither one of them being very good at qb...its only cause of their skin color. /rollseyes sarcasm off

ps...I didn't start this thread...not sure if you noticed.

like I said ill gladly eat crow when dg takes us to 10+ wins this year. I just rarely eat crow when it comes to football predictions.

Last edited:
It takes more than one player to win 10 games. The OL situation pretty much requires a QB who is mobile, that alone should be enough sane reasoning to start DG over Morris. Morris would be a sitting duck, so better hope we only see him in garbage time.the OL is young, with an undersized left tackle, that makes for a bad situation to throw Morris into. Give those guys a year to develop, and hopefully Shane gets better too otherwise he will never start. Love the kid's thorough dedication and leadership, hopefully his talent, vision, and overall comfort improves before being on the field in all but garbage time.

Last edited:
both wrong...I was probably drunk and it was 9 fucking months ago. Sorry I don't remember every post I make 9 months ago lol. speaking of which....how the hell did you find that....do you just store posts away that I make so you can use them later. creepy dude...youre fucking creepy. how many times have you been to jail for stalking charges? fucking weirdo...'

what exactly does that prove anyways? that I did infact know the wolverines schedule in dec? what the hell does that have to do with anything other than I said dg should win more than 9 games after I looked at the schedule?

That's pretty good. The schedule thread is stickied, I took a look and you posted in it.

Got to think that if Morris was better than Gardner, he'd be starting.

hughes is acting like a complete jackass, braying on about Gardner and Morris.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could believe sitting a respected, talented, and more able 5th-year senior over a sophomore could be anything but a disaster, not only in the win/loss column, but also for team chemistry. You don't throw away a season to "build for the future" or any BS like that. last guy who talked that way is coaching in Tucson now.

you do that, and find you really don't have anything to build on, since you lose all the respect of your players and fans.

hughes is acting like a complete jackass, braying on about Gardner and Morris.

I don't know how anyone in their right mind could believe sitting a respected, talented, and more able 5th-year senior over a sophomore could be anything but a disaster, not only in the win/loss column, but also for team chemistry. You don't throw away a season to "build for the future" or any BS like that. last guy who talked that way is coaching in Tucson now.

you do that, and find you really don't have anything to build on, since you lose all the respect of your players and fans.

This. And it's not like Morris has impressed in the time he's played. Really hasn't moved the ball well enough to think he'd do better than Devin. Honestly, Speight might beat him out next year. Shane needs a huge jump in talent next year.

Back