Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Decommittment U.

I think I am worried about the perception but I am unsure . Just got back from the game and let's take Gary as a example. He was a number 1 guy right? I thought he looked undersized and made a few inside gaffes on plays. He also made alot of great plays. Who knows how any of these kids are going to pan out . But perception can hurt. Also I am more worried about guys like Walker who appear not up to snuff acedemically. Now that pisses me off because we all know alot of sports players (not all) do not take very hard classes. So I guess I am worried like monster.

So freshmen playing like freshmen make you concerned

1 recruit with academic issues makes you concerned.

I think if there are any issues with perception, the coaches can just point to a top 5 class. Recruits will come and go, it's part of the process. People have less loyalty these days and some of them just want to get in somewhere. Committing to Michigan might open up other doors for them as coaches see that a recruit is good enough for Michigan, so they might call him and try to steal him. I think other recruits know the deal.

So freshmen playing like freshmen make you concerned

1 recruit with academic issues makes you concerned.

I think if there are any issues with perception, the coaches can just point to a top 5 class. Recruits will come and go, it's part of the process. People have less loyalty these days and some of them just want to get in somewhere. Committing to Michigan might open up other doors for them as coaches see that a recruit is good enough for Michigan, so they might call him and try to steal him. I think other recruits know the deal.

I sure hope your right.

Supposedly, Harbaugh told the tight end that it'd be better if he looked elsewhere because of our depth.

THis is the kind of thing I'm perfectly fine with. The passive-type drip in communication...not the worst thing in the world, but it's not the best look. If this is the "worst" thing that we get in the balance of Harbaugh, I'm more than fine with it.

Back