Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dee milliner? probably not

Bentley- 160 lb and was injured all year....who woulda thunk it!

Greenwood - dude is from albion and was injured all year. who woulda thunk it.

Green - late round pick and sucked. who woulda thunk it.

The answer to your question is yes. Bentley and Bartell are our current starters. We need a corner in rd 1 or 2.

I would rather take a DE or S than a CB.

don't worry, i'm quite sure he will go WR with the #5 pick.

the more i look at it, the more it feels like the Lions are back to square 1 in rebuilding mode.

OL: is still being piece-mealed together and they are still hanging on to Raiola and Backus, praying they can hold out another year. they are praying Reiff can perform at RG and Fox at RT. this does not bode well for the OL, and what happens in 2014 when Raiola is gone (every indication is this will happen due to him restructuring down to league minimum). i give Backus some credit, but how many more years can he perform well at LT? OL is quickly becoming a very serious problem.

WR: Titus Young obviously has to be replaced. Burleson's eventual replacement is Broyles, and I'm betting they split time in the slot in 2013. CJ obviously is no concern, but if he misses a game it would feel as though the team doesn't stand a chance at winning. Young has to be replaced in FA or draft, this hole cannot be ignored, only this time they absolutely must get someone who actually can help out and draw the triple coverage off of CJ. Mayhew has ALWAYS made sure Staff has his weapons above all else. Barring the Lions getting this resolved in FA, I foresee Mayhew staying true to himself and getting yet another WR in either R1 or R2. Any later and I will be stunned. This is not what I want to happen, just what I honestly believe will happen.

RB: "need a speed back" has been a mantra this offseason. based on the Combine results, not sure there is much hope in the draft. can they get one in FA? doubtful. don't worry, there's always 2014...right?

DL: DE is an unmistakable issue and even though I cannot stand Avril, it would not surprise me that they re-sign or franchise him again only because they are in desperation mode if they lose him. KVB is gone and LoJack was a big disappointment last year. this position is a major problem.

CB: despite getting so many CBs last year, this position is consistently problematic and there is little to hope for in 2013. however, due to Mayhew's 2012 draft, i don't believe he will go CB again in 2013 and will roll the dice his new group of CBs will get the job done. his comments about being bigger and stronger at CB to me point to him forcing the Lions into playing Greenwood. hopefully the kid can surprise us all.

S: ugh...really? still??? despite all the people they have brought in, they still cannot find 1, let alone 2, guys who can play well enough to be starters? i'm not counting on Delmas being back, sorry. love his character, love his ability to hit, and love his ability to be a leader, but those damn injuries just make him a huge liability. maybe he will be willing to stay for league minimum, but i doubt that. even if he does stay, who the hell will fill the other S spot? they haven't had success in getting anyone to fill that void in years, and 2013 looks to be the same ol' story.

LB: with all the above mentioned problems, i cannot see Mayhew even remotely trying to improve the LB group. he will roll with what he has and pray they can hold up. those LBs he drafted last year better have stepped up their game cuz the starters will not be able to play every down for the entire year...will they? as for who will be the starters, i'm guessing ST at MLB and then...Durant and Palmer on the outside??? *sigh*

IMO, Mayhew was in a better position going into the 2011 offseason and this year feels more like when they were entering the 2010 offseason.

the more i look at it, the more it feels like the Lions are back to square 1 in rebuilding mode.

OL: is still being piece-mealed together and they are still hanging on to Raiola and Backus, praying they can hold out another year. they are praying Reiff can perform at RG and Fox at RT. this does not bode well for the OL, and what happens in 2014 when Raiola is gone (every indication is this will happen due to him restructuring down to league minimum). i give Backus some credit, but how many more years can he perform well at LT? OL is quickly becoming a very serious problem.

WR: Titus Young obviously has to be replaced. Burleson's eventual replacement is Broyles, and I'm betting they split time in the slot in 2013. CJ obviously is no concern, but if he misses a game it would feel as though the team doesn't stand a chance at winning. Young has to be replaced in FA or draft, this hole cannot be ignored, only this time they absolutely must get someone who actually can help out and draw the triple coverage off of CJ. Mayhew has ALWAYS made sure Staff has his weapons above all else. Barring the Lions getting this resolved in FA, I foresee Mayhew staying true to himself and getting yet another WR in either R1 or R2. Any later and I will be stunned. This is not what I want to happen, just what I honestly believe will happen.

RB: "need a speed back" has been a mantra this offseason. based on the Combine results, not sure there is much hope in the draft. can they get one in FA? doubtful. don't worry, there's always 2014...right?

DL: DE is an unmistakable issue and even though I cannot stand Avril, it would not surprise me that they re-sign or franchise him again only because they are in desperation mode if they lose him. KVB is gone and LoJack was a big disappointment last year. this position is a major problem.

CB: despite getting so many CBs last year, this position is consistently problematic and there is little to hope for in 2013. however, due to Mayhew's 2012 draft, i don't believe he will go CB again in 2013 and will roll the dice his new group of CBs will get the job done. his comments about being bigger and stronger at CB to me point to him forcing the Lions into playing Greenwood. hopefully the kid can surprise us all.

S: ugh...really? still??? despite all the people they have brought in, they still cannot find 1, let alone 2, guys who can play well enough to be starters? i'm not counting on Delmas being back, sorry. love his character, love his ability to hit, and love his ability to be a leader, but those damn injuries just make him a huge liability. maybe he will be willing to stay for league minimum, but i doubt that. even if he does stay, who the hell will fill the other S spot? they haven't had success in getting anyone to fill that void in years, and 2013 looks to be the same ol' story.

LB: with all the above mentioned problems, i cannot see Mayhew even remotely trying to improve the LB group. he will roll with what he has and pray they can hold up. those LBs he drafted last year better have stepped up their game cuz the starters will not be able to play every down for the entire year...will they? as for who will be the starters, i'm guessing ST at MLB and then...Durant and Palmer on the outside??? *sigh*

IMO, Mayhew was in a better position going into the 2011 offseason and this year feels more like when they were entering the 2010 offseason.

you realize we have whitehead and ashlee palmer starting at olb right now?....he better do something about lb.

Pretty bleak assessment. The offense is closer than the defense. Trot out LKPs D and tell them they need to make two stops a game. Draft Joeckel, Nuke Hopkins, Barrett Jones, a Speed Back, Resign Cherlius and throw Reiff at Guard. Hope to out score everyone 42-40. Forgive me if I'm not rock solid on Fox, lol.

Last edited:
Pretty bleak assessment. The offense is closer than the defense. Trot out LKPs D and tell them they need to make two stops a game. Draft Joeckel, Nuke Hopkins, Barrett Jones, a Speed Back, Resign Cherlius and throw Reiff at Guard. Hope to out score everyone 42-40.

I would love to trot out most of that defense again actually healthy and with Werner instead of KVB. Then give me Austin and Franklin

I would love to trot out most of that defense again actually healthy and with Werner instead of KVB. Then give me Austin and Franklin

I rather give you autism (as my clinical diagnosis), Austin won't be there.

It could happen. You'll hate Mayhew until they make the playoffs in 2013. You will continue to question him but he will continue to be an awesome GM

It could happen. You'll hate Mayhew until they make the playoffs in 2013. You will continue to question him but he will continue to be an awesome GM

So awesome they already hired their next GM this offseason. Ive already planned my mayhew got fired party when were a 5-6 win team next year.

So awesome they already hired their next GM this offseason. Ive already planned my mayhew got fired party when were a 5-6 win team next year.

Haha no they didn't. It was Mayhews idea to hire Xanders.

And the fact that you are planning a party for a Lions failure, means you probably shouldn't be a Lions fan

planning a party for marty's failure....cause he's turned my team to shit.

No he didn't. Chill out until free agency is over. This is a playoff caliber team. Need some health and Stafford back in 2011 form. And a Marty failure would be a Lions failure

Last edited:
we need all 3. mayhew has this entire roster so fucked up...hed have to pick a WR to screw it up any worse.

Lots to do this offseason. To me a CB at 5 is a waste, not a complete waste but a DE would have a bigger impact. So Hopefully we take a LT.

Lots to do this offseason. To me a CB at 5 is a waste, not a complete waste but a DE would have a bigger impact. So Hopefully we take a LT.

Yes. I'll take a LT or DE. Even though they have the rookie pay scale, it still comes down to a top 5 pick should be QB, DE and LT.

Peter King tweeted today that if Miliner is there at 5 the Lions will take him. Long way to the draft so things can change and it all could be a smoke screen.

we could have picks 1-5 and we still would need to fill a lot of holes. mayhew has the team in shambles.

Back