Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dee milliner? probably not

So if Mayhew drafts Milliner and he has shoulder problems this year, I'm sure you will be blaming Mayhew in hindsight even though he was your guy

id take fisher joeckel and moore over him at 5. id take a trade down to draft warmack and vaccaro over him as well. So if him being my 6th best option is considered "my guy"....then so be it.

So if Mayhew drafts Milliner and he has shoulder problems this year, I'm sure you will be blaming Mayhew in hindsight even though he was your guy

If he hurts the other shoulder it'll be Mayhews fault.

if he takes milliner and the guy cant cover anyone in the nfl....then it will be mayhews fault for not being able to scout worth a shit.

What's your take on Milliner? Who will his career comparrison turn out to be?

I gave it already....hes my 6th favorite option for us in the first round and most of that is based on need. He fits our system well and has good height. If you promised me wreh Wilson would drop to us at rd 2 then id 100% take one of the OTs, DEs, warmack or vaccaro in rd 1....but that's not how the draft works. Im high on him cause we need a corner. Is he the 5th best player in the draft...probably not. Sooo if mayhew stays true to his approach....then milliner wont be a lion.

People say Carlos Rogers but he reminds me of Brandon flowers.

flowers seems quicker....milliner is kind of a long strider. If Houston was taller then milliner and Houston kind of remind me of one another. I don't see milliner being a solid #1 ballhawk type corner. I see him being a solid starter....like Houston.

I gave it already....hes my 6th favorite option for us in the first round and most of that is based on need. He fits our system well and has good height. If you promised me wreh Wilson would drop to us at rd 2 then id 100% take one of the OTs, DEs, warmack or vaccaro in rd 1....but that's not how the draft works. Im high on him cause we need a corner. Is he the 5th best player in the draft...probably not. Sooo if mayhew stays true to his approach....then milliner wont be a lion.

Again.....what's your scouting report on Milliner? Lets assume Detroit drafts him #5.....what kind of career do you see him having?

flowers seems quicker....milliner is kind of a long strider. If Houston was taller then milliner and Houston kind of remind me of one another. I don't see milliner being a solid #1 ballhawk type corner. I see him being a solid starter....like Houston.

Flowers and Dee have the same speed and both are solid in man but excel in zone. Houston was .2 seconds faster than what milliner will run. Dude has a gear that dee doesn't. If he runs a 4.32 ill declare you winner of a meaningless award. :cheers:

Flowers and Dee have the same speed and both are solid in man but excel in zone. Houston was .2 seconds faster than what milliner will run. Dude has a gear that dee doesn't. If he runs a 4.32 ill declare you winner of a meaningless award. :cheers:

Yeah, for all of Houston's inconsistency, he's one of the fastest players in the NFL. He's run a 4.30.

Again.....what's your scouting report on Milliner? Lets assume Detroit drafts him #5.....what kind of career do you see him having?

hes better than bartell Bentley green and greenwood combined. That's my scouting report. Itd be smart for us to start filling needs....and corner is one of those needs. I see him as a good fit in our type of defense. great in run support and nice size for a zone cb. Do I think hes going to be a shutdown lockdown man corner....no. He'd be a solid starter on our team for a long time....that's value enough for me at pick #5. beats some of our other value from high round picks recently.

invested too much in CB last year to go after another one as that would mean all of the CBs from last year were an admitted mistake.

what we really need is a burner at WR who can stretch the field. :p

invested too much in CB last year to go after another one as that would mean all of the CBs from last year were an admitted mistake.

what we really need is a burner at WR who can stretch the field. :p

97% of the time you pick a cb in rd 3 or later its a mistake. We picked 3 of them last year.....dumbest thing I ever seen.

Last edited:
So you think our 4 and 5 cb's should be 1st or 2nd rd picks?

Bentley- 160 lb and was injured all year....who woulda thunk it!

Greenwood - dude is from albion and was injured all year. who woulda thunk it.

Green - late round pick and sucked. who woulda thunk it.

The answer to your question is yes. Bentley and Bartell are our current starters. We need a corner in rd 1 or 2.

Back