Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dee milliner? probably not

You really think this team can turn it around that fast with this roster? This team is 9-19 over their past 28 games (including playoff loss). I don't see any way this team makes the playoffs next year. I think they are going to finish 3rd or 4th in the division next year. There are too many good teams in the division and in the NFC.

Yes. Stafford, Pettigrew and Tulloch can play at 2011 level. I've seen it before. Give me a healthy Broyles, Delmas and Burleson and you have alot more production. This team may have been 4-12 but they played like a .500 team with all the close losses especially those 3 home losses in a row, the loss at home to the Bears and the 2 special team caused losses. 2 productive draft picks on defense and this team is in the playoff hunt. Speed back(Ellington) and speed WR is just icing on the cake. The talent is still there. Work to do, it will be tough as it's the NFL but the Lions have the talent to succeed.

Yes. Stafford, Pettigrew and Tulloch can play at 2011 level. I've seen it before. Give me a healthy Broyles, Delmas and Burleson and you have alot more production. This team may have been 4-12 but they played like a .500 team with all the close losses especially those 3 home losses in a row, the loss at home to the Bears and the 2 special team caused losses. 2 productive draft picks on defense and this team is in the playoff hunt. Speed back(Ellington) and speed WR is just icing on the cake. The talent is still there. Work to do, it will be tough as it's the NFL but the Lions have the talent to succeed.

I think if all goes well (health and good draft) this team can be a .500 team. They could get lucky and win 9. My gut tells me that they finish under .500 again. Poor leadership / coaching and lack of talent doesn't get you to the playoffs.

LKP is one of the most optomistic fans I have ever seen. Lol

It's always when this guys healthy, if this guy plays like he did in the best year of his career to date.. Lol I like the spirit though.

If we had management that I was confident could evaluate talent we might have a chance to make the playoffs, but since we don't, I have no confidence we'll add the players we need to get back to .500.

If we had management that I was confident could evaluate talent we might have a chance to make the playoffs, but since we don't, I have no confidence we'll add the players we need to get back to .500.

I don't know the cap situation but is there any way Detroit caves in and pays all that damn money to Avril? He's one reason I'm glad Dallas is over the cap.

I don't know the cap situation but is there any way Detroit caves in and pays all that damn money to Avril? He's one reason I'm glad Dallas is over the cap.

I don't see how the Lions would have the money to pay Avril anything close to what he wants or what he will eventually get from another team.

That, and he is terrible against the run and slightly above average rushing the passer.....so I don't want him back anyway.

I've seen the Lions do it before and watched all of 2012 multiple times and saw how close we really were. Turnovers and injuries were the killers. Stafford can move the ball, just need to fix the redzone like in 2011.

Got to finish better. Lions could screw the pooch again but they have the talent to win 10-11 games in this league. It won't be easy and they need to get hot early.

And yes Avril is asking way too much. Give a top 5 DE and be done with Avril. Jackson and Young in 2011 form are much better than 2012 KVB.

LKP is one of the most optomistic fans I have ever seen. Lol

It's always when this guys healthy, if this guy plays like he did in the best year of his career to date.. Lol I like the spirit though.

The guy's the little engine that could. He should do old folks homes and sick children hospitals.

The guy's the little engine that could. He should do old folks homes and sick children hospitals.

I could see mhughes at a sick children hospital.

"The Doctors say I have 6 weeks to live" - Kid.

"2" - 'Hughes.

hes going to be fine....

Dee Milliner - DB - Player The agent for Alabama CB Dee Milliner (shoulder surgery) promises his client will be fully healthy by NFL training camps.
"The doctors have informed us that he will be 100 percent and fully recovered in time for training camp in July," said agent Tony Fleming. "We will be providing all NFL clubs information prior to surgery and updates close to the draft." Milliner will go through all drills save the bench press at the Combine. Source: ESPN.com Feb 21 - 4:11 PM

I could see mhughes at a sick children hospital.

"The Doctors say I have 6 weeks to live" - Kid.

"2" - 'Hughes.

That is funny. However...some posters on here have the opposite POV

"The Doctors say I have 6 weeks to live" - Kid

"Oh, you will be fine. There is nothing wrong with you. I think you will live to be 90" - Typical Lion homer

That is funny. However...some posters on here have the opposite POV

"The Doctors say I have 6 weeks to live" - Kid

"Oh, you will be fine. There is nothing wrong with you. I think you will live to be 90" - Typical Lion homer

Immediately followed by: beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Immediately followed by: beep beep beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

followed by mayhew giving a speech about how he will continue to recruit the best doctors available to kill all the children. how its an ongoing process to evaluate the talent of the staff and if a handful of children die along the way.....welp...thats just part of the process.

Last edited:
So if Mayhew drafts Milliner and he has shoulder problems this year, I'm sure you will be blaming Mayhew in hindsight even though he was your guy

So if Mayhew drafts Milliner and he has shoulder problems this year, I'm sure you will be blaming Mayhew in hindsight even though he was your guy

And if he does I'm sure you will be using that as an excuse when we go 4-12 again next year.

Back