Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard for heisman

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
I see your point now. No way devin gardner is better than denard. His feet are unstoppable and his arm is marino-like.

I'd rather root for a good QB.

Absolutely! But right now i see a RB playing QB and he's holding us back. I will support and root for denard as long as he's at Michigan, but I'm not going to be a blind sheep. 3 picks and a handful of terrible passes.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]] I will support and root for denard as long as he's at Michigan.

Thread??? With how bad he's played do you expect to see Devin start next half? If Denard goes out and throws a pick on the opening drive do you expect to see Devin? Hoke and Borges have an idea of who can win a game and who just isn't ready. Need I remind you.. Of the two, who is the reigning B1G offensive player of the year? Devin is completely unproven. Why aren't you talking about putting in Bellomy? He done just as much as Devin minus 20yds....Who leads the B1G in rushing and offense? That should be reason enough to shut down the conversation, right?

Get off his rushing numbers! Who gives a fuck? He can't pass the ball worth a damn. 100 rushing yards per game means nothing if he turns it over three or four times per game.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]Get off his rushing numbers! Who gives a fuck? He can't pass the ball worth a damn. 100 rushing yards per game means nothing if he turns it over three or four times per game.

Difference between 200 rushing and 200 passing?

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
[quote="Monster ":1vtq85gm]Get off his rushing numbers! Who gives a fuck? He can't pass the ball worth a damn. 100 rushing yards per game means nothing if he turns it over three or four times per game.

Difference between 200 rushing and 200 passing?[/quote:1vtq85gm]

The difference is giving the ball back to the opposition and thus negating our scoring chances and giving the other team more scoring chances.

Now denard is rolling. This is what he needs to be. Nothing more.

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]442 yds of offense... Yep.. We need Devin..
turn it over three times against sparty, illinois, nebraska, or ohio and we're going down. He has to be smarter. He was awful in the first half and MUCH better in the second.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
[quote="Danny Diggler":7vo0cb32]442 yds of offense... Yep.. We need Devin..
turn it over three times against sparty, illinois, nebraska, or ohio and we're going down. He has to be smarter. He was awful in the first half and MUCH better in the second.[/quote:7vo0cb32]

Coaching

Btw I'm not impressed with Illinois, Nebraska or Ohio. If Sparty was smart they would throw it 40 times against us.

remember hes doing this agaisnt a defense thats almost as bad as the gophers'.

3ints is unacceptable.

When Denard is QBing, throw the screen passes, throw the short comebacks and outs to the perimeter, and only, ONLY throw down the middle in Cover 0 like the Koger TD against Minnesota. The playcalling at the end of the first half was just asking for a Denard pick, b/c asking him to succeed throwing against those coverages is as nonsensical as asking John Navarre to run a zone option read.

Denard holding the offense back?! Ok bro.

denard has always put up big numbers agasint bad defenses. but agaisnt great defenses we always get shut down, luckily for us we dont really play a great defense this year.

im still not saying devin is the better option. i just hate that denard turning the ball over is almost a gurantee.

I consider Denard a double edged sword. He can make some amazing plays for you and then, like tonight, he can make the worst plays ever.

The first half he was playing terrible, then in the second half he settled down and made some amazing plays. If he puts together a complete game next week I will feel good about our chances. However, right now it is nerve racking to watch him throw.

Back