Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Denard in the offense...

god damn, some of you are really out of touch, aren't you? I think all of us would agree that denard is capable of short passes. That's what he did today. Short passes. If the offense is going to be called in this manner, then yes, Denard is the better QB for now.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]god damn, some of you are really out of touch, aren't you? I think all of us would agree that denard is capable of short passes. That's what he did today. Short passes. If the offense is going to be called in this manner, then yes, Denard is the better QB for now.

The thing is that people were complaining that he WASN'T capable of consistently hitting those short passes. Denard's running + completing "short" passes is a MUCH BETTER OPTION than Devin who by your estimation is better at completing the long passes.

Again, I'll take Denard.

I just want this whole "Running QB" Era in Michigan football to be over!

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I just want this whole "Running QB" Era in Michigan football to be over!
Denard is the best option right now.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]god damn, some of you are really out of touch, aren't you? I think all of us would agree that denard is capable of short passes. That's what he did today. Short passes. If the offense is going to be called in this manner, then yes, Denard is the better QB for now.

Boy! You're out of touch. I've seen nothing to see that Devin can throw better downfield or short passes, but you go on and talk about shit you haven't seen and just make up as you go.

Today's offense is what I have been waiting for, for this first 1/3 of the year. It was downright frightening(to other teams) what it can be. The calls were great. I had no complaints at all. Denard barely ran and took no heavy duty shots. Runners ran awesome. Defense was stout. I do not care one bit that this was Minnesota. Our defense would have given up 30 to a Freshman QB had this been last year. We still would have won, but there wouldn't be much respect from others. Next week: a Persa-less Northwestern. Oh well, we'll just have to work out a couple new plays before MSU week.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

Boy! You're out of touch. I've seen nothing to see that Devin can throw better downfield or short passes, but you go on and talk about shit you haven't seen and just make up as you go.

As I said above, I really don't give a shit who is the better QB anymore. I just want this running QB shit to be over. Look what Taylor Martinez did today...did that remind you of anyone?

Mich_QB_U said:
I thought Persa was playing again? Did he get hurt again?

yep. hopefully he's out next week too. It'd be nice to have an easy win heading into EL.

Mich_QB_U said:
I thought Persa was playing again? Did he get hurt again?
Friggn A' he did. I like the dude. He is a great football player and I really wanted him to play to see where the D is at, even though they are doing great. I really think Fitzgerald needs to keep him out the rest of the year.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

As I said above, I really don't give a shit who is the better QB anymore. I just want this running QB shit to be over. Look what Taylor Martinez did today...did that remind you of anyone?

And Russell Wilson looked like John Navarre back there. ::)

bamf16 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

Bam, I've got to stick up for Monster on this one. First and foremost, Wilson is a pocket QB. He runs when he has to, and he's good at it. But, he's got great touch on his passes and well, is an honest to goodness qb.

love the pic monster. does devin wear a michigan cap everywhere? i always see it on him lol

bamf16 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

russell wilson has a gun though! I would have no issues with a wilson type running our offense. He's great with Wisky and he'd be great here too. I'm referring to guys like Taylor Martinez and Denard Robinson that are amazing running QBs but struggle with their passing game.

bamf16 said:
[color=#FF6103 said:

The thing is that people were complaining that he WASN'T capable of consistently hitting those short passes. Denard's running + completing "short" passes is a MUCH BETTER OPTION than Devin who by your estimation is better at completing the long passes.

Again, I'll take Denard.

just saw the replay and a few of the passes were the 10-20 yard variety. This is intermediate range. These passes looked just fine, as well. The only complaint that anyone might have is Denard's deep ball and I haven't see any deep balls by Devin to judge the difference. I guess SOME people around here must have access to all of the practices.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

You're welcome to your opinion, of course. Me? I love it. I want a QB that can run and pass. You sound like you just want a QB that can only pass. I got really sick of watching Navarre and Henne stand in quicksand. 2 great college QB's, but watching them walk around was painful to my eyes.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
bamf16 said:

russell wilson has a gun though! I would have no issues with a wilson type running our offense. He's great with Wisky and he'd be great here too. I'm referring to guys like Taylor Martinez and Denard Robinson that are amazing running QBs but struggle with their passing game.

I have no problem with your opinion here. The problem I have is when you imagine things about DG. We don't know how good he is at passing, unless some of you have some sort of access that you haven't talked about yet...

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

I have no problem with your opinion here. The problem I have is when you imagine things about DG. We don't know how good he is at passing, unless some of you have some sort of access that you haven't talked about yet...

My thing is this, look at Taylor Martinez. Do any of us really think Denard is a better Passing QB than Martinez? I don't. I'd say they're about on equal terms. Did you see what a good defense did to him and that offense? 3 picks, no TDs, and a very un-martinez-like rushing day. Reminds me of last year against just about any of the good teams.

You have to be able to pass the ball in the Big 10 to be successful. Even Prior could throw it around a little bit. If I'm wrong and we can beat Sparty, Nebraska, and OSU's defenses then I'll be happy. I'd gladly be wrong if it means we get wins.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]
Hungry said:

My thing is this, look at Taylor Martinez. Do any of us really think Denard is a better Passing QB than Denard? I don't. I'd say they're about on equal terms. Did you see what a good defense did to him and that offense? 3 picks, no TDs, and a very un-martinez-like rushing day. Reminds me of last year against just about any of the good teams.

You have to be able to pass the ball in the Big 10 to be successful. Even Prior could throw it around a little bit. If I'm wrong and we can beat Sparty, Nebraska, and OSU's defenses then I'll be happy. I'd gladly be wrong if it means we get wins.

Its kind of difficult for Denard to be a better passing QB than Denard.

Hungry said:
[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]

You're welcome to your opinion, of course. Me? I love it. I want a QB that can run and pass. You sound like you just want a QB that can only pass. I got really sick of watching Navarre and Henne stand in quicksand. 2 great college QB's, but watching them walk around was painful to my eyes.
I could not agree more! That made me crazy.

Back