Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Lions - Team Notes

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/n...uin-roger-goodell-contract-demands/868630001/
Detroit Lions Notes: Glover Quin on Roger Goodell's demands? 'Come on, man'.
Freep

Roger Goodell is reportedly seeking $49.5 million in annual salary, lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime medical insurance in his next contract as NFL commissioner, demands that came as a shock to Lions safety Glover Quin, the team's NFL Players Association representative.

"Hmmm," Quin said when told of the request Wednesday. "Lifetime use of medical insurance? And you don?t even play and we play and we can?t even get lifetime health insurance? Come on, man."

Matthew Stafford said last year's game at Chicago "not a fun one to watch." He re-watched it Monday. It was also the game Golden Tate was benched. He's played quite well since that benching -- both Tate and Stafford have. Tate is on pace for both 100 catches and 1,000 yards this season.

Matthew Stafford said his chemistry with Golden Tate is "pretty good" right now. Said Tate is "seeing the game well at the moment." Stafford believes he is, too.

Lions QB (and former Miami QB) Brad Kaaya hung a Miami T-Shirt with the turnover chain over the locker of RB (and Notre Dame product) Theo Riddick on Wednesday in the locker room.

Golden Tate said he is going to make good on his Notre Dame-Miami bet with The Rock but is waiting on a jersey. He does have a turnover chain sweater, though.

Jim Caldwell said Darius Slay has been playing "extremely well" and that "recognition will come in due time," but that there are still areas Slay can improve. Slay has four interceptions this season.

im Caldwell praised Golden Tate on Wednesday -- he's on pace for 100 catches this season. Didn't give much credence to Tate's benching in Chicago last year as fueling his last year-plus of strong play.

A day after re-signing George Johnson, the Lions are releasing him, The reason? Detroit claimed Kasim Edebali off waivers. Edebali was with New Orleans from 2014 to 2016 and Denver this season. He has eight career sacks, all with the Saints. Two of those came against Matthew Stafford in 2015. Edebali is another player the Lions signed this season from Boston College.

Darius Slay is bucking the trend of some other players. He said Wednesday he does not want to see Thursday night football go away from the NFL. "A lot of guys want to get rid of Thursday night football. I don't," Slay said. "Because it makes our season go a lot faster. You know, because it'd be a long, long season from Monday to Sunday. Oh my gosh. But then it's something for me to do on Thursday, because I'll be bored. But I like it because the season moves fast. Other than that, it's just tough on your body, though. It is tough, though. But I just like the games moving fast. I like to play." Slay is in a different position than most because the Lions have at least one set Thursday date every year -- Thanksgiving.

STAFFORD NAMED TO FORBES' 30 UNDER 30
At age 29, Detroit Lions QB Matthew Stafford lands a spot on Forbes' coveted 30 under 30 list. Stafford's yearly average salary of $27 million and a signing bonus of $50 million make him the highest-paid player in NFL history. Seattle Seahawks S Kam Chancellor and Atlanta Falcons WR Julio Jones also make the cut.

Michael Rothstein espn

http://www.detroitlions.com/news/ne...m-Denver/c81de940-9fa6-44c4-89e6-f90d07b154c9
Lions awarded LB Kasim Edebali via waivers from Denver.
Lions.com

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2017/11/lions_claim_ex-broncos_de_kasi.html#incart_river_index
Lions claim ex-Broncos DE Kasim Edebali, cut George Johnson (again).
Mlive

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2017...m-edebali-off-waivers-waive-de-george-johnson
Lions claim LB Kasim Edebali off waivers, waive DE George Johnson.
On Wednesday, the Lions added edge rusher Kasim Edebali off of waivers from the Denver Broncos.
POD

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back