Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Minor League Notes

I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see Castellanos in a Tigers uniform. The way things are going I would not be surprised to see him traded away so the Tigers can take a stab at winning it all this year.

I hope they don't though.

There was one Tigers blogger I posted in the last 24 hours that thinks it will be Garcia who is traded/packaged by the deadline.

I'm beginning to wonder if we will ever see Castellanos in a Tigers uniform. The way things are going I would not be surprised to see him traded away so the Tigers can take a stab at winning it all this year.

I hope they don't though.
Castellanos, Jackson and Garcia should be OFF LIMITS. Any other outfielders in the system I wouldn't cry about losing. Not like this team is in need of a big bat or starting pitcher. I don't think any trade this season would cost that much for what we need. At least I hope it wouldn't. lol

Really wouldn't mind seeing Detroit partner up with a team that is over stocked with middle IF prospects and in need of OF prospects. Maybe try to swap Vasquez and/or Fields for some help there.

TigsTownMark: The complete inability of Tyler Collins to make adjustments to advanced pitching is absolutely alarming.

Tigers 2013 comp pick Corey Knebel made his pro debut today. Knebel tossed a clean ninth inning striking out one.

Daniel Fields leaves Erie game after being hit by a pitch. Was in pain Thursday after getting hit on hand.

update;
Daniel Fields misses 2nd game/row after leaving Saturday's game; hit in chin by pitch after deflected off hand.

Tigers sign 3rd-rounder Jeff Thompson for $549,400. Louisville RHP, 6-6/248, 90-92 mph fastball, solid slider.

Last edited:
Daniel Fields will miss his 3rd straight game for Erie after being hit on the chin Saturday.

Back