Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Kinsler, Vizquel try to one-up each other in practice.
The Tigers did not have a chance to do any infield work at Fenway Park on Friday due to the weather. Judging by the forecast, they might not be able to until Sunday. By then, Omar Vizquel might be getting antsy.

Every so often, Vizquel takes ground balls in the infield with Tigers players, including second baseman Ian Kinsler. When they do, Kinsler and Vizquel tend to have fun with it, trying acrobatic flips and catches an in effort to one-up each other.
For Vizquel, it's a way to stay connected with the infielders he coaches. For Kinsler, it's a way to live out a childhood memory.

"I remember him doing that with Robbie Alomar," Kinsler said, referring to the days Vizquel and Alomar were teammates in Cleveland. "That's the one thing I think about every time I do that with him."
They were two of the best defensive players in the game at the time, and they were in their primes. Now, Vizquel is 47.
"To be honest with you, I never think about the age," Kinsler said. "I just think about what he can do."
from the Tigers official site

Rick Porcello in last 365 days:
189 IP 18-7 3.67 ERA 3.28 FIP 147 K/ 41 BB 16 HR

Last edited:
Back