Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Verlander has 51 straight starts with 6+ IP. Only 5 others have done that since 1918 including Bob Gibson 3 times.

Verlander on if he'll get 1st hit soon: I hope so so I can get the monkey off my back. (first interleague gm on road in CIN 6/8-10).

Verlander: If I can pitch every game like I did last time.That's not that far off. I'm not saying a 1-hitter, I'm just saying the way I pitch.

Verlander: I think I'm a better pitcher now than the one against Milwaukee.
Verlander: I thought the 1 against Milwaukee was basically pure stuff as opposed to this one, did a lot of pitching, especially early on in the game.

from Dana Wakiji

Yankee fan at my bar to me- "Verlander's gonna look good in NY in a couple years." Guess who's getting a pube in his next drink?
RogoDNR

lol.

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/05/justin_verlanders_one-hitter_a.html
Justin Verlander's first one-hitter a pain his idol Nolan Ryan knows all too well.
from Mlive

Friday night was Verlander's 51st consecutive regular-season start of at least innings. In that span, he's 34-7 with a 2.34 ERA. He has 385 strikeouts in 380 1/3 innings.
Verlander now has 112 wins through 208 games. The only recent pitchers with more through their first 208 games were Roger Clemens (118) and Dwight Gooden (117).

Back