Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/07/detroit_tigers_option_infielde.html
Detroit Tigers option infielder Danny Worth to Triple-A Toledo to clear spot for Omar Infante.
from Mlive

http://www.freep.com/article/201207...omar-infante?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Detroit Tigers
Tigers send Danny Worth to Toledo to make room for Omar Infante.
from the freep

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...anny-Worth-sent-Toledo-clear-space-new-Tigers
Danny Worth sent to Toledo to clear space for new Tigers.
from the detnews

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...anny-Worth-isn-t-singing-blues-after-demotion
Tigers' Danny Worth isn't singing the blues after demotion.
from the detnews

Last edited:
http://www.mlive.com/tigers/index.ssf/2012/07/detroit_tigers_ramon_santiago_2.html
Detroit Tigers' Ramon Santiago back in utility role; Ryan Raburn likely to start in left against left-handers.
from Mlive

"If I rest Infante, Santi will play second," Tigers manager Jim Leyland said. "If I rest Jhonny, then Santi will play short. That's kind of nice. He's back kind of in that comfort zone, I hope."

"This will probably keep Raburn, right now as the team stands, in left field against left-handed pitching and not worry about second base," Leyland said. "That's another thing that you don't have to be picking and choosing all the time in that spot."
Thank God.

With Tigers, Anibal Sanchez could get first taste of playoffs.
Anibal Sanchez figured he would be leaving Florida soon once it became clear the Marlins weren't going to make a run at the playoffs. Once his trade to Detroit went down Monday afternoon, it took him a little longer to get out than he thought.

Sanchez and Omar Infante were scheduled on the same flight from Miami to Cleveland to meet up with the Tigers on the start of their road trip, but the flight was delayed. Then it was moved. Then it was gone.

"They delayed for an hour, but they moved it," Sanchez said. "They left without us."

They caught another flight out, but had to scramble from Miami to Fort Lauderdale International Airport to catch it. It ended up being a situation they could laugh about.

Sanchez was a teammate of Miguel Cabrera in Florida in 2006 and '07. Unlike Cabrera in the years since, Sanchez has never had the chance in play in the heat of a playoff race for a first-place team.

He finally has his shot, back with Cabrera behind him at third base.

"It's really good. It's an opportunity for me to get to the playoffs," Sanchez said. "It would be my first playoff appearance. I just want to do my job for this team."
from the Tigers official site

Winning more crucial to Santiago than regular role.
Ramon Santiago was Omar Infante's double-play partner with the Tigers in 2003, when they were both prospects. They were teammates on the Tigers bench for stints in '06 and '07, both trying for stick in the big leagues.

Santiago has been trying to get a starting job in Detroit since. He pretty much had it for the past few weeks, but now will be heading back to utility duty -- for Infante.

That's fine with him. Actually, he indicated it's easier for him that it's Infante taking over instead of somebody else.

"I knew the team was going to platoon me when I signed," Santiago said. "They gave me the opportunity [over the] last month to play. Whatever makes the team better, whatever it takes to go to the playoffs, I just want to win. It's better that it's Omar. I like that.

"It didn't come easy. He worked his way up for a long time, working hard. I'm happy to see him doing good."

Manager Jim Leyland said that Santiago will start at second only when Infante needs a day off. As for the other second baseman on the roster, Ryan Raburn will play almost exclusively in the outfield for now, starting in left field against left-handed pitchers.
from the Tigers official site

Jon Morosi expects the Tigers to extend catcher Alex Avila at some point. Avila, the son of Tigers assistant GM Al Avila, has a .237/.339/.381 batting line this year. He has battled hamstring issues in 2012, his final year as a pre-arbitration eligible catcher.

The Tigers view Anibal Sanchez as a true rental player, Danny Knobler writes. They see the right-hander as a middle-of-the-rotation starter, but felt they didn?t have a strong chance of acquiring a true top-of-the-rotation starter this summer. The Tigers proposed the trade for Sanchez and Omar Infante last week. Marlins made decision to sell on Sunday.

Back