Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Detroit Tigers Team Notes Over 3 Million Views!!! Thankyou!

Delmon Young: I know there are worse players on the team, but he frustrates the hell out of me, especially against right-handed hitters. His OPS is almost 120 points higher against lefties and his recent numbers are horrific. Since the all-star break Young is batting .238 with a slugging percentage of .302 .Those are disgraceful stats for anyone let alone a number 5 hitter. What is more frustrating is watching pitchers pitch around Prince Fielder to face Young, knowing a double play or a feeble at bat is coming up.

Watching Max Scherzer and Rick Porcello struggle at key times. Here is the difference between good and mediocre. When the opposing team has runners in scoring position with less than 2 outs, batters are hitting .184 against Justin Verlander and .222 against Doug Fister. However when facing Porcello the other teams are hitting .281 and against Scherzer its .306. The frustration of watching these guys pitch well, only to have them fail to close innings with 2 outs drives me nuts.

DetroitCBS

Smyly's rehab day is done w/MudHens ... 3 IP, 2 H, 2 BB, 5 K's in scoreless outing.

Dirks rehab broke an 0 for 17 with a sharp single.

Back